• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klaw from ledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
I was watching gimpyfish's videos vs eggz and i saw him do a klaw onto the stage from the ledge. i can't seem to get it.

do you drop then jump into it? or jump straight from the ledge and do it?

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
You have to drop from the ledge, and then use your double jump immediately. It's called ledgehopping, and you're going to have to get good at it if you want to succeed in smash. Practice it for awhile, its actually not that hard.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
You have to drop from the ledge, and then use your double jump immediately. It's called ledgehopping, and you're going to have to get good at it if you want to succeed in smash. Practice it for awhile, its actually not that hard.
well i can ledgehop pretty decently, i can fair and waveland onto the stage. i just cant seem to do the klaw. ill keep practicing though

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
All you need to do is this:

1) Press away from the ledge to let go
2) Press X or Y
3) Koopa Klaw back to the stage

The forward motion the the Klaw will land you on the stage if you did it right.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ledgehop as normal then klaw in the air, just make sure you dont jump backwords unless you are crazy and want to do a nice little suicide XD

so yeah, ledgehop as you would with fair or flame cancel or whatever, then klaw

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm not sure gimpyfish knows what he's talking about lol perhaps you should ask someone else about a move you saw in gimpyfish's videos.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Its just one fluid motion. IMO boozer is much better Fairing on since it comes out quicker but i guess it would be better to Klaw at situations.. What situations do you think you should Klaw in Boozer Users?

magicmanfk

Smash Rookie
NNID
froseu
Its just one fluid motion. IMO boozer is much better Fairing on since it comes out quicker but i guess it would be better to Klaw at situations.. What situations do you think you should Klaw in Boozer Users?
It's a good idea to klaw if you see them shielding (if they wanna make it really obvious) or, based on previous failed fair ledgehops, guessing, or experience against the player, you think they are gonna shield. I love surprising a high percent opponent by grabbing them from the ledge then tossing them off in one fluid motion.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah I like using it as a surprise. If someone plays against your Bowser a lot they may begin to expect it, but it's always possible to catch them off guard. It's one of the few impressive somewhat technical things Bowser can do IMO. Also, I used to have trouble with Klaw from edge, but I realized that there's a slightly different timing than the usual edgehopped moves. You have to wait a little bit longer to use the Klaw. Try to delay the move a bit if you're having trouble.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
i got it now, my timing was off. thanks 56k

i used it on my friend today after he spotdodged expecting a fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom