• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirkland, WA $2 tournament July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Since I have a couple non-smashboards people who should be coming as well, I think I have enough that I can safely make the tournament official, so here it is:

1:00 P.M. Singles tournament. Double elimination (unless we have really low attendance, in which it will be RR). BTW, that's start time, so show up at 12:30

30 minutes after singles is over: Teams. Same as above.
Prizes for both are:
if we have > 12 players: 60-30-10
<12: 65-35.
I'm not taking a cut, and I will be paying my own entry.

Game rules are basically what you're used to, but just to make sure there are no questions, here they are:

Best 2 out of 3 rounds.
Items=off
Time limit=8 minutes.
$2 entry fee per person per event
Bring your own controller. No mods except cosmetic and no using turbo buttons.
Random seeding
4 stock.
Team attack: On

First stage is random. Afterward, loser picks stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character.

At the beginning of each set, each player may choose to ban 1 stage for that set. Please don't change the random settings, as they usually don't get changed back. Just restart if it randomly picks a banned stage.

Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
Banned Stages - Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom II, Termina, Corneria, Kongo Jungle, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Note: Fountain of dreams and mute city are banned in teams
Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.

OTHER RULES READ THESE:

No smoking, alcohol, or drugs. Yes, my roommates have alcohol on the counter, but don't touch it and don't bring your own. If you have to smoke, go out to the sidewalk.

Avoid swearing: I'm not overly concerned about the occasional slip of the tongue, but those of you who prefer to communicate with streams of profanities will have to curb that. This also includes taking the Lord's name in vain.

Use common sense: I'm not going to try to cover every possibility here, but respect the house, its residents, and other players. My roommates are kind enough to let me host this, and I'd like to host some more, so help this be successful.

Bring $1's if possible: Since this is a $2 entry, it doesn't work very well when everyone wants to pay with $5's or greater. Even if I manage to give you change, I still usually need a lot of $1's to give out prizes.

Kirkland, WA 98034
I should be there answering the door, but if not, ask for Josh.

Also, we need TV's and cubes. A couple people have volunteered to bring cubes, but currently we only have two TV's.

twins506

Smash Rookie
that sounds pretty sweet. i could definatly bring a cube. I live around kirkland so if ya wanna smash sometime lemme know.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I have a couple non-smashboards people who should be coming, so I'm making it official. If things turn out well, I'm going to try to host more (hopefully monthly).

@twins506. Saturday any time would be great. Other than that, I'm free most evenings (except Mondays). Drop me a PM when you have a chance.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Avoid swearing: I'm not overly concerned about the occasional slip of the tongue, but those of you who prefer to communicate with streams of profanities will have to curb that. This also includes taking the Lord's name in vain.

Use common sense: I'm not going to try to cover every possibility here, but respect the house, its residents, and other players. My roommates are kind enough to let me host this, and I'd like to host some more, so help this be successful.
That leaves Shane out :laugh:

J/K Shane, lets smash...someday...

Eggz

Smash Hero
LOL. Its funny cuz its true. Ssssp.

Host guy, is it alright if people who want to increase the competitive nature put 5$ into the pot instead of 2$?

Takalth

Smash Ace
I don't have a VCR or tapes, but it would be cool if your brought one.

As far as putting more money into the pot, you're certainly welcome to (whoever wins will certainly agree), but the required fee will stay at $2.

Betaz

Smash Ace
I might be able to come but i might have work...:ohwell:

i might also need to find a ride otherwise i can come.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hell yeah man, a tourney in my area? I am UP for that, you keep this up now, you hear me? I'll make sure to try to put in my support every time you put one of these up. Seriously, I think I could walk there....>_> Count me in for a TV and a Cube.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I was thinking about taking the bus up to kirkland (gas money is a no thx), but unfortunettly there arent any busses that go by on the weekend. Would it be possible for someone to provide housing friday night?

Takalth

Smash Ace
All right: Tournament is 1 week away. We have offers for cubes from twins506, the prime, and Ademisk. Ademisk is the only one who has offered to bring a tv, but I have 2. I would like to get one more TV here if anybody could bring one.

ThePrime, you could crash on my couch, though you'd either need your own blanket and pillow or my old beaten-up sleeping bag (a bit warm for this time of year). It's not the best of circumstances, since my roommates tend to stay up really late and be in and out during the weekends, but if you're willing to put up with it, the options's there. If anyone has a better option, please speak up.

Anyway, that's the status. I hope to see you all here next week.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Ok im not sure if ill be able to come to this afterall, but IF i do ill bring my own sleepingbag -thats not a problem, and a cube/vcr. I just have to see how the bus schedule works out and where the closest stop would be.

Takalth

Smash Ace
If you can get reasonably close, I'll pick you up, even if it's at a really late hour or such.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Alright cool thanks.

And post this tourney/smashfest on seattlesmash.com (register too!), a 2$ tourney will attract players for sure.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Dang it, I'm going to have to retract my offer for housing. I have had some stuff come up that is going to tie me up away from home Friday night and Saturday morning. Can anyone else offer?

ThePrime

Smash Lord
you may want make a new thread in the pacific west and give a link here, more WA players will be looking there. Bummer that the housing couldnt work, I could try to get a ride from someone thats going, but i dont know how many south-WA players are gonna attend, but keep us updated Takalth.

Jem.

Smash Master
I am assuming Shane, Gimpy, and Nate are still coming. I'll ask Shane about it later (Eggz) If you can't offer housing, we'll just leave after the tournament or something >_>

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'd provide housing for a couple people, but I don't really trust anyone to be able to find my place, it's kinda in a wierd location. Also, I might have been a little quick to offer TV and GC, since I now seem to lack capability to bring them.

Takalth

Smash Ace
All right: A few points:

1) Try to indicate whether you expect to be coming (if you haven't done so already) and whether you are bringing anyone who won't be posting here.

2)I'm not sure exactly how much I want to advertise, as I need to get a feel for how many people my house can handle, and I'd rather miss a few possible attenders than get overloaded (that being said, I still would like everyone who'se posted here to come, along with a few others).

3) Everybody who wants a ride or can provide one should post. If you need a car for your TV and cube, Ademisk, I might be able to pick you up, depending on how far away you live (I'm on a tight schedule, but I will have some time).

Thanks, and I hope to see you there.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm really freaking close, actually, I'll PM you my address, mapquest it or whatever junk you prefer and see for yourself. Also, if somebody really needs housing for the tournament, I could probably stand to house one or two people, if they can find my place.

Takalth

Smash Ace
hey when are you planning on this to end??
Hard to say. The formal tournament will probably be over between 6 and 7, unless we get more people than I expect, but anyone who wants to could probably hang around and smash for a couple hours afterward.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Yeah pretty cool tourney today, nice atmosphere, plus everyone is really nice.

Paul - Your advice on anything is extremely helpful, and you were right in saying "dont just press A to get up and attack when you're on the floor". I was never really aware of how punishable that is until you showed me today thanks.

Takalth - good samus, even better bomb game. I liked the friendlies that we got in, your pikachu is a killer haha. And obviously, great job on hosting the tourney, everything ran smoothly, you're events are worth coming to.

Ademisk - You have a good start on ness. Like i said, i would play more risky and just try to attempt more yo-yo glitches - all that jacket stuff is just nuts, very much worth it.

Ruggedsoul - nice falcon, friendlies were fun. Ill hopefully see more of you. I like your playstyle.

Guy who played peach - you probably wont be seeing this on how you dont have a smashboards acct....but nice job on doubles, you're a good teamate.

Truedoogie - Rank 4 plz? lol jk, ill earn it the official way at seattlesmash's next event. Your link is pretty uniqe, less technical but better mind games.

To everyone else who i didnt play - gg anyway

And ill hopefully see some of the same faces at the next gameclucks.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Yeah, thanks for coming everyone. Hopefully you can make it next time, GimpyFish. We needed a Bowser owning us.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, ppa0 took first, ThePrime took second, and TrueDoogie took third. In teams, ThePrime and his teammate (I forgot who) took first, my brother (non-smashboards) and I took second, and I forgot who took third (we only had prizes for first two places.

Anyway, I'm looking into hosting another on August 18. If I do, there should be a thread for it within a week.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Honestly, Prime, trying to YYG in mid battle is like trying to 4 stock someone using only meteor smashes. Takes advanced mindgames, perfect timing and spacing, and overall, mad skill.

Smash Rookie
Guy who played peach - you probably wont be seeing this on how you dont have a smashboards acct....but nice job on doubles, you're a good teamate.

QUOTE]

Hey I tried to make a decent user name and it wouldnt let me. My name is Duk3 since no one seemed to remember haha. I play peach and here are some of da shout outs!

Paul - Nice tourny start puttin me in the loser bracket lol. Guess thats what i get for playin luigi ditto huh gg man.

Takalth - Supurb pickachu; your mind games were off the hook! Great hosting as well would love to come to your next tourny!

Ademisk - Nice try, but spencer if you want to be good you might want to try a character that has the ability to win? lol jk good 2v2 match

Ruggedsoul - Great Falcon and close best of 3 match I hope to see you in simi finals again.

To everyone else i forgot GG :)

And ill hopefully see you guys at the next tourny and at gameclucks

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Honestly, Prime, trying to YYG in mid battle is like trying to 4 stock someone using only meteor smashes. Takes advanced mindgames, perfect timing and spacing, and overall, mad skill.
Tough. No skill johns. You play a character that can do crazy ****, and saying that its too hard is no excuse imo lol. Its not like i was incorporating waveshines and reverse lasers in my game the moment i read about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom