• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Viability in Doubles with specific partners.

DERPFISHsaysNO

Smash Cadet
One of my greatest struggles in playing Kirby is doubles. With several friends who play a variety of characters (from Charizard to ZSS) I always have trouble partnering with my friends when we play doubles.
My most common doubles partners are also the ones I struggle the most with: :4lucario: and :4greninja:.
Should I try to stick with Kirby, or switch up my doubles character to :4mewtwo:, :4pikachu:, or :4ganondorf:?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I feel like Kirby is a strong Doubles character. Most of his problems in 1v1 are alleviated in a 2v2 environment. There are a number of differences between Singles and Doubles, so you may be playing too much like you're in a Singles game (or a Free-for-All). Practice some team combos with a friend and go over some common Doubles situations (like stage control, spacing vs multiple players, etc).

As far as which characters to try out: don't think of it as all or nothing. You don't have to see it as 'stick with Kirby'. Play whichever characters sound like fun in Doubles, or pick a character that can do something cool in Doubles and try it out. You don't have to give up on Kirby if you find other characters you enjoy playing. Smash is a big game and full of fun things to learn.

Top Bottom