• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Swallow > King DDD's Swallow

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
If you use Kirby's swallow and King DDD's swallow, King DDD pulls Kirby to him, but Kirby swallows him first.

Discuss

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Too goodsies. This will change the metagame.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This is madness

maybe D3's Inhale has "pulling" frames earlier than Kirby's, but Kirby's has "inhale/swallowing" frames earlier than D3's?

*shrug*

Whatever >_>

MBreeto

Smash Ace
That's pretty funny. What if it was a team of DDD and Kirby with an opponent in the middle and they both used their swallow? DDD would get the swallow right?

Also, what is DDD or Kirby used swallow while Wario was doing Bite?

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
This is madness

maybe D3's Inhale has "pulling" frames earlier than Kirby's, but Kirby's has "inhale/swallowing" frames earlier than D3's?

*shrug*

Whatever >_>
If DDD uses it while right next to you at the same time as you (tested it using the start thing M2K said was good for testing frames and whatnot), He will swallow you First.

What happens is that, while DDD's inhale has a bigger pull than kirby, Kirby's has more priority (I think, or at least some other fancy word that explains it better). What DDD does is pull him and since Kirby's has Grab priority, it swallows him first.

Before any comment or suggestion, go try it out first.

If used wisely, it could be a huge advantage for Kirby. A miss used Inhale on D3's part could mean an ability copy or 10 damage.

But think of it This way:

If D3 fast Falls for the DDDCyde, You swallow him, also falling off the stage and the suicide counts in your favor. If your tourney rules are like in PR, the person that does the suicide wins the match.

I dunno if that's the case in US tourneys, but at least here in PR it makes a difference.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's inhale just actually inhales the opponent earlier. You suck at a slower rate (the pulling motion), and inhale earlier due to a smaller range for the move.

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Haha, Kirbeh > DDD

Just wondering... is Kirby copies DDD's inhale, who wins? But i don't think anyone would copy DDD anyways?

§leepy God

Smash Master
Haha, Kirbeh > DDD

Just wondering... is Kirby copies DDD's inhale, who wins? But i don't think anyone would copy DDD anyways?
King Dedede's inhale does more damage than Kirby's I belive. Other than that, it's not pretty useful unless it's teams or just for a grab.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
BATTLE OF THE NOMS!

due to kirby having more experience nomming, kirby has a better nom.

If you want my ACTUAL opinion, well i think that kirby has a less laggy swallow

bobson

Smash Lord
I just did some testing on this with a control code so I could use both P1 and P2 with one controller, and this isn't entirely true. If the inhale is input at exactly the same time for both parties, either Kirby or King Dedede may get swallowed first for whatever reason—damage, direction, and port priority don't seem to have anything to do with it. It looks like it favors King Dedede at close distances and Kirby at farther distances, but I didn't test enough for any conclusive evidence. This is true for when Kirby's copied Dedede's inhale, too.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I just did some testing on this with a control code so I could use both P1 and P2 with one controller, and this isn't entirely true. If the inhale is input at exactly the same time for both parties, either Kirby or King Dedede may get swallowed first for whatever reason—damage, direction, and port priority don't seem to have anything to do with it. It looks like it favors King Dedede at close distances and Kirby at farther distances, but I didn't test enough for any conclusive evidence. This is true for when Kirby's copied Dedede's inhale, too.
Mmmm... that's basically what I said. I stood with Kirby right next to DDD. The Inhales where used at the same time thanks to the Pause Button.

Looking on it and analyzing it, I've come up with the following theory:

Kirby's Inhale has more start up frames than DDD's. If you do it far enough to make kirby be able to start his Inhale, when he pulls Kirby in, all that happens is that Kirby's Swallow has a higher priority than DDD's swallow. What happens with DDD's Swallow is that the range of it's pull is far wider than Kirby's. That's why you some times do a move on it and it still Inhales you. It's because its a continuous move that has an active space that grabs you whenever you touch it. That's why disjointed moves break it; because the swallow can't inhale disjointed moves like G&W's turtle. The turtle hits D3 before D3 can Grab G&W.

The case with kirby is that, since they both are continuous (unlike a normal grab), the move with more priority Win's.

In other words, if your face to face with each other and you both activate it at the same time, D3's wins. But if by chance or anticipation you use yours first, you will inhale D3.

Top Bottom