• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Quest: The Volwrath Saga (Finally Updated - 3rd April!)

Ocarina

Smash Lord
Ha. I've got the same thing, except I have to manage a Metroid Prime Hunters clan... So I pretty much won't be posting - but I am reading.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Ocarina.

Ocarina, hi. :D

It's really great to hear from you again, how are things going for you?

It makes me really happy that you're still reading, and that you've been so patient with me. I was worried my procrastinating had driven you all away...Really it's great to see you again.

I feel even more fired up to resume, but fate's got it in for me right now. I'm ill with the flu, and I don't know if I'll be better tomorrow, or next week. You'll be happy to hear I'm about halfway through typing the new chapter, and I'll continue unless my flu gets worse - in that case I'll resume as soon as I'm better, ;)

This might sounds like another lie disguised as a promise, but I feel guilty for doing this. Your loyalty means alot to me, thanks man. :D

See you soon, I hope. ;) I appreciate that you understand, and believe me. :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I can't wait for the next chapter. So far I know there's Kirby and Nightmare. I just want to see if Pichu gets more action XD. Yeah Mewtwo should use other attacks if his psychic abilities don't work on them.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
MEWTWOMASTER2002 said:
I can't wait for the next chapter. So far I know there's Kirby and Nightmare. I just want to see if Pichu gets more action XD. Yeah Mewtwo should use other attacks if his psychic abilities don't work on them.
I'm glad to hear that MM2002. :) I can say Pichu will make an appearance, but how big...Hehe, you'll see. ;) Well I would have the chapter up already, but I lost my connection for almost a week - but I'll have the chapter up soon. :)

Ocarina

Smash Lord
I think that with all these WWYP topics this very awesome fic needs a good BUMP.

Out of curiosity.. updates?

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Ocarina said:
I think that with all these WWYP topics this very awesome fic needs a good BUMP.

Out of curiosity.. updates?
Awww, thanks Ocarina, I did notice alot of those WWYP topics. :)

Oh yes, thanks for chasing me up - I'll get on it. :D

Ocarina

Smash Lord
I have to wonder... will you EVER get your old account back? Or has it gone to the grave?

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Hey Ocarina. :)

Sorry for the really, really late reply, I should have checked back sooner. :(

To answer your question, I doubt I'll ever get my old account back, though this one serves me well enough. :)

Once again I apologise for my failure to put up a chapter of Kirby's Quest, it's been ages and you guys really do deserve better than this. I haven't been totally idle during this time though, I've thought alot and got some more ideas for how to improve the story, and since I've been so slow to say anything it's only fair I release some of them now. :) I've thought about Epyon and a plan to give him his own short story, involving his past and some of his own enemies. You all know about Volvagia and his several reappearances, but this time I have some original characters to include. ;)

Dr. Vulcan: He is the mad genius who created Epyon, or I should say, the mad genius who made him into what he is today. Epyon was once an ordinary dragon, but human scientists captured him and made him onto a hybrid of half digimon, half dragon. Dr. Vulcan was the head scientist and saw over his alterations, but he survived the attack when Epyon broke free and escaped the lab.

200 years on in the present day he still lives (through his advanced science he has prolonged his life), and seeks to recapture Epyon. He plans to do this with some of his more successful experiments, evil dragons who have been altered through his twisted science, but remained loyal to him. They have many of the powers Epyon has, but thanks to their differing dragon species they have been affected differently, and have other, unique powers at their disposal.

I'll put up more info on them soon. ;)

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
My birthday is tomorrow! (September 10th)

Oh, and one more thing to mention, tomorrow is my 22nd birthday, which I am quite looking forward to. :D

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
More released info

Alot of the time I've spent recently has been talking to some friends I have on MSN/Windows Live Messenger, as well as looking for work, spending time with my family, etc. Needless to say alot has happened lately, but I've got more info to release to you guys - I feel so bad for holding out on you for so long (3 updates in the past year...I feel so bad.). :(

Anyway, another idea for a short story I have involves a historical point in Starian history (Kirby's ancestors). It goes back to the Starians' home planet (Light Star, a planet much like Pop Stat, but smaller, and inhabited by Starians instead of Cappies), and the time of the return of the Dark Matter Empire. As many of you know roughly 5000 years ago Volwrath was sealed away and his empire crumbled, but his generals have slowly tried to regain it in that time. These conquests also threatened the Starians homeworlds (if you remember Noir swore a vendetta against all Stariankind), and many of their number were wiped out.

500 years ago Light Star was invaded by Darkling forces and was actually occupied. The Darklings didn't wipe the Starians out, but they did surpress them mercilessly, forcing them into constant fear. A girl however decided to stand up to them, and when she reached her late teens she called a rebellion. Her name was Sarcia and she was a fearless Starian girl, with pink skin, red shoes and cheeks, and long, orange hair. This surprised the Darklings, but the revolt was eventually crushed. This upset Sarcia greatly, so much she even contemplated suicide, but some strangers came to the forest where she ran away to and stopped her.

They told her life was worth living, and that she should try again to free her people. Their words got through to her and she agreed to try again. Sarcia went to Hope Town (the town of her birth, situated in Hope Forest) and tried to rally the townsfolk. They were too afraid to help her, but a small Darkling army began to march on the town, planning to make an example of them. Sarcia's new friends (the strangers she met in the forest) came to her aid and helped her fight them off, while the townsfolk watched, impressed by their courage. The Darkling sargeant Torm was shocked by what he saw, seeing his Darkling forces beaten back again and again.

He never thought Starians, or outsiders could fight like this, and he was forced to retreat with what remained of his troop. Sarcia then gained the support of many Starians, and thanked her new friends before they left to continue their adventure (these strangers were actually me (GSK) and the characters my MSN friends have (Ralf and Rainer), but history just remembers them as "the Brave Strangers".). Sarcia went on to stage a second uprising, this one more sucessful than the last. She actually managed to drive the Darklings out altogether, killing Torm herself, and liberating Light Star. Peace reigned for many years, but when Noir found the homeworld many Starians left, hoping they would be able to escape him and live in peace.

Sarcia lived to a ripe old age and is remembered as one of the great heroes/heroines of Starian history, some even claim she was a Super Starian, transforming into one in the final battle with Torm, but this could merely be myth. She died of old age and had many children and grandchildren, many of them becoming great Star Warriors (it's possible Kirby is one of her descendants - it has been theorised that Sarcia herself was one of Kibi's descendants, who was the king of the Starians, and Kirby was his descendant.). To this day Starians may still exist in the far reaches of the galaxy, but Noir hunted them till the end of his days, if there is any justice though, their species (besides Kirby, Kiobo, and Kirby and Jigglypuff's children) has survived him. :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yay, I will wait for that to come up again. Oh and Happy b-day tomorrow. I never thought you were the kind to triple post =/.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Yay, I will wait for that to come up again. Oh and Happy b-day tomorrow. I never thought you were the kind to triple post =/.
Thanks MM2002, again I'm sorry for being so slow. Ah, thanks again, I'm sure I'll have a great birthday. :) Yeah..Neither did I..I guess I didn't think to include them all in one post - and for some reason I couldn't edit the first one.

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Man..it's been forever since I've been here. I'd thought I'd never come here again! :)

That was a good read. Are you updating any time soon? I kinda forgot where the story left off. :embarrass

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Man..it's been forever since I've been here. I'd thought I'd never come here again! :)

That was a good read. Are you updating any time soon? I kinda forgot where the story left off. :embarrass
Hehehe, well I hope you haven't been waiting ages, wondering if I'd left the fanfic to die. ^^;;

I'm glad you liked it, I hope it did something to make up for my eternity not updating. I'll try to update soon, it's the least I owe you guys for being so patient and staying around - you can read back to get back with the story. :)

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Quick message for everyone, after ages of procrastinating I've finally gotten to work on the next chapter - it should be up soon. ;)

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Yeah, it has been much much too long. ^^;

I've got some good ideas brewing and some already down on paper, I'll work to get it up soon. ;)

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone. :D

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Merry Christmas GSK and everyone else who reads this topic. I can't wait for the next update XD. It's been months since the last one. Hope you make a good comeback with the next one.

Ocarina

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (albeit a bit late, though)... though no update.

I DO have a surprise planned, though; I hope you guys have played and beaten The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess...

Ocarina

Smash Lord
Alas, it seems that one of the first fanfics I read here has gone and kicked the bucket, along with its author.... funny, I thought I'd be the one who'd leave before you did, GSK. However, I don't plan on leaving until I finish my newest story... so I'll be here for a good while yet, watching and waiting for an update.

So, unless you update, GSK, I guess this is farewell....

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
I never liked Kirby, but this fanfiction was pleasant. Are you not updating it?

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Hey guys!

That's right, it's GSK back, and about damm time too! :laugh:

I know it seems I've forgot about all of you, and I don't blame you for thinking so, this fanfic has been dead and buried for a year now - but that's going to change.

I don't blame those of you who have already left and forgot about me, but I will go on and finish the story I started over 5 years ago. I might get a new crew of fans, but I won't forget about you guys, you really got me here and I am thankful. :)

So yeah, expect Kirby's Quest to make a comeback, I know I've said that too many times to count - but I won't let excuses get in the way anymore.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
GreatSaiyaKirby! Man, it's been too long!
How are you?
I always loved the Kirby's Quest fanfic and while I haven't completely caught up yet, I must say, it still impresses me!
And yeah, this is a new account, can't get my old one from 2001-2004 to work anymore.

Anyway, great to see you're finishing this man!

The fanfic is still one of the best I've ever read, keep it up!
(Do you even remember me? lol :p)

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Banana Dragon! Hey! :D Yeah, it's been FAR too long old friend. ^^;
I'm doing fine, alot has happened to me this year, but I'm doing okay.
Wow, I'm flattered you always liked my fanfic, I just feel so bad it died the way it did (several times).
Ah I see, I can't get my old GSK one to work since it got deleted (and never revived like promised), but that's old news.

Cheers, it's great to finally get back to it.

Thanks again, really appreciate it means so much to you.
(Hehehe, of course. :) )

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I have been wondering where you went =/. I also wonder what happened to the original Aurora Grid =P. I'm excited to see that you will start updating again.

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Hey, GSK. They never did fix your account, did they. Lazy Smashboards guys. :laugh:

But I'm glad to see an old favorite revived again. I can't wait!

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
I just took some time away to do other things, sorry. ^^; That's cool MM2002, you can expect an update soon enough. :)

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was annoying, I think it was lost for good since it shows my post could as being N/A

Hehe, cheers KM1112, you won't have to wait long. :D

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Finally Updated!

Finally I come with an update. So you guys aren't waiting too long, here's Part 1 of Chapter 17 - hopefully it won't become a habit for me to upload them in parts. ^^;

Computer Voice: Kirby's Quest will commence shortly, program starting in 5..4..3..2..1..Now!

Chapter 17: The Forces Converge

The battle for the fate of the planet wages on, but things have only increased in intensity as allies new and old fight the insidious Harbingers of Darkness, and their ally Supreme Tyranitar. Where we last left Fiend was battling with Ganondorf, the Great King of Evil, and the three ninjas Azruumi, Azraamo, and Azroomu had come to his aid. Now facing greater odds the Darkling decides to stop playing around, and flies back to begin increasing his power, preparing to transform into his Super form.

Fiend: No matter how many of you come at me, I will kill each and every one of you.

Ganondorf: You're not the first one to say those words Fiend, and I have survived clashes with far greater demons.

Azruumi: As have we, unless this is your best, you cannot win.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps2/ffxbat.mid

Fiend: Oh...My best is yet to come you fools..You will live to regret your insults..Just.

With that he powers up to increase his power, Fiend entering the same transformation Bane did when he battled in the Sacred Forest. His energy rises dramatically and his body begins flashing yellow, before suddenly flowing with the glowing light, his power level tripling in moments. Ganondorf senses this and rethinks his tactics, but he is not intimidated, as this is the power level Orgoth boasted, and he was able to defeat him.

Ganondorf: ...You are not very original Fiend..Noir did that too, you should try something I haven't seen before.

Azraamo: You're powerful, but power is useless if you can't hit.

Super Fiend: ...Fools..Every one of you..Allow me to show this power!

The four warriors all prepare to fight, but Fiend then raises his daggers and slashes them at the air again, only this time one after the other, cutting swathes of yellow energy to summon twice as many deadly daggers as he did before. The deathly daggers rain down on Ganondorf and the three ninjas, but Ganondorf is able to protect them with a dark spell to absorb the daggers, narrowly saving them.

Ganondorf: You may rain down death on us, but even death can't stop me, it never did before.

Super Fiend: Well then, say hello to Death for me, because I will send you to see him!

Super Fiend charges headlong at Ganondorf, running directly into a Warlock Punch with devastating power...Only for it to do absolutely nothing. His power level of 60 million gave him enough defence to avoid harm, but as Super Fiend brings his twin daggers down he is hit by a volley of daggers, shurikens and kunai from Azruumi, Azraamo and Azroomu. This distracts him long enough for Ganondorf to stagger Super Fiend with a Wizard Foot to get away.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/ds/mph_vs_kanden.mid

Azruumi: Such monstrous power..Are all of them this powerful?

Azroomu: Possibly, so we must use our ninja skills to kill them quickly.

Azraamo: And Silently, such is the way of the ninja.

Super Fiend: I don't care if you're ninja, let's see your Shinobi moves escape this attack.

Now choosing to go after the three ninjas, Super Fiend charges Azruumi and his ninja allies, pulling his arm back for a powerful punch. However when his arm goes through Azruumi his body fades away, as do the other two, turning out to be decoys. They appear again all around him, Super Fiend throwing a dagger at each, but again these fade away, turning out to be decoys.

Super Fiend: Enough with these illusions, show me your true selves!

Azruumi: That is not the way of the ninja...

Suddenly Super Fiend feels a stabbing pain in his ribs, and yells painfully as Azruumi sinks a kunai between them. The unexpectedness of the attack allowed it to hurt him, and then Azroomu drops down to sink his kunai into Super Fiend's neck, hurting him further. Azraamo appears to strike at Super Fiend's heart, but the Darkling sees this one coming and kicks him back, throwing the other two off as well. He then flies into the air out of reach, clearly not as invincible as he seemed.

Super Fiend: You ninja...Harming me with your surprise attacks...

Azraamo: We ninja kill by stealth..You are lucky you survived three attempts.

Ganondorf: Impressive, seems you're not as invincible as you thought Fiend.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/Bof3boss.mid

Super Fiend: This is a waste of my time..I will allow my minions to play with you!

With that Super Fiend opens his arms out, and displays his unique ability: As hundreds of chattering, vile demons descend on Ganondorf and the three ninja. Small (about 2 feet in height, resembling imps or little demons) but numerous they descend like a swarm of locusts, forcing the warriors to defend themselves. Ganondorf uses his axe to slaughter a dozen or so with each swing, while Azruumi, Azraamo and Azroomu stand back to back and kill them one by one with daggers, shurikens and kunais, but more just come to attack them, biting and clawing when they can.

Super Fiend: Hahaha! No matter how many you kill, more will come. You may slaughter a hundred, but two hundred will come to assail you!

End of Part 1

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yay, this update was great. It reminded me of the times I used to read your other fics. Not much to comment though =/.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Short, but, epic...
Man, I really love feeling that good ole feeling of reading this fic again!
Great job! Keep it up!

And sorry to hear your former account got sent to the cybergraveyard :p

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Hehe, epic, really? Thanks. :D
That's cool Banana Dragon, I'll see if I can ensure you get more of that feeling. ;)

Ah, it's a shame, but luckily I have this one. :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And luckily, or unluckily depending on the way you see it, the original owner never returned =P.

Top Bottom