• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Fsmash

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed this when playing around. When doing kirby's fsmash, his foot can point in 2 directions. Doing a regular fsmash will result in his foot pointing straight out. However, if you point your control stick at a 45 degree angle when performing the fsmash, his foot will point at an upward angle as well.

This certainly isn't ground breaking, and i don't think it's quite useful either. I just wanted to share something cool I found with all you guys ^.^.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
It does change what direction you send the opponent flying and perhaps when they're shielding you have a better chance of pushing them back with the downward kick. It really depends though cause I notice when I use Kirby's regular forward smash and hit them at the very very end of the attack, they go 100% vertical.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
you can actually angle the fsmash, as well as the ftilt, upward or downward. an upward angled forward smash will actually do more damage and send the opponent at a higher angle, while a down angled fsmash does less damage and sends them at a lower angle. this applies to all characters that can angle their smashes/tilts.

EDIT: and they actaully are useful quite often. since a down angled smash send them at a lower angle, you should use it near the edge to give them a harder time recovering (since they are sent flying lower). both directions angled are good for shieldstabbing. and up angled ftilts are nice to knock down aerial approaches (though just shielding the attack is usually good enough now).

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, i didn't know this move had so much uses. Well thanks for the info guys!

Synerate

Smash Cadet
Yea, its fun. I play around with it a lot, its visually pleasing ^^
Also, the smashes do the same thing at 45 degree angles

Doval

Smash Lord
Also, the smashes do the same thing at 45 degree angles
Almost. The normal Forward Smash does 15%, kills a Mario at the center of FD (no DI) at 97%. Aiming it up makes it do 16% and it'll kill at 95%, aiming it down makes it do 14% and it'll kill at 100%.

QuestionMark

Smash Cadet
in a trash can outside the nintendo store in new y
you can actually angle the fsmash, as well as the ftilt, upward or downward. an upward angled forward smash will actually do more damage and send the opponent at a higher angle, while a down angled fsmash does less damage and sends them at a lower angle. this applies to all characters that can angle their smashes/tilts.

EDIT: and they actaully are useful quite often. since a down angled smash send them at a lower angle, you should use it near the edge to give them a harder time recovering (since they are sent flying lower). both directions angled are good for shieldstabbing. and up angled ftilts are nice to knock down aerial approaches (though just shielding the attack is usually good enough now).
How did you know this :confused:confused::confused:

Top Bottom