• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirbycide?

UberBen56

Smash Rookie
I know I sound noobish, but what's a kirbycide? Is it sucking them then walking off?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pretty much.

Inhale offstage or onstage, and fall off.

I'm sure if you read the stickies you would have found this very quickly :/

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
acknowledging trolls only invite more trolls.

I believe its more effective overall to suck them up and spit them after dropping a fair bit off the stage. for characters with poor/average recoveries it possibly an easy gimp. Marth for example has a horrible time trying to recover if he gets caught away and under the stage due to his poor horizontal.

Zagul

Smash Rookie
Does not Kirbycide sound like suicide?
That's the point. You do die yourself, but kill the other person as well. A good situation would be where you just killed someone, you have a very high percentage (about 100%) and the other play is now at 0% with one stock less then you. By killing yourself and the other player, you gain an even greater advantage.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
acknowledging trolls only invite more trolls.

I believe its more effective overall to suck them up and spit them after dropping a fair bit off the stage. for characters with poor/average recoveries it possibly an easy gimp. Marth for example has a horrible time trying to recover if he gets caught away and under the stage due to his poor horizontal.
Even people with bad recoveries can come back if you SPIT THEM OUT. Its better to just let them escape themselves.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you spit em out, just follow up with a u-air or b-air and they'll get stagespiked, even while under the stage. Characters with poor recoveries will be using all their might to get back to the stage, and spare their jumps for the perfect moment... They're easy to hit with any aerial once you spit them out due to their fear of losing a stock. Of course, people with multiple jumps or great recoveries (ROB and Snake, for example) will not be afraid of airdodging your attacks.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Which stage are we talking about? If it's battlefield, isn't easier to recover since the stage isn't as big as FD?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Of course it depends on stages (doing it in Yoshi's Island is a big NO), but the tactic is still the same. If you want to gain a greater edge than a kirbicide, spitting them out then stagespiking them is a good option to have... Considering your opponent CAN be kirbycided.

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Of course it depends on stages (doing it in Yoshi's Island is a big NO), but the tactic is still the same. If you want to gain a greater edge than a kirbicide, spitting them out then stagespiking them is a good option to have... Considering your opponent CAN be kirbycided.
Haha yeah. You wouldn't want to spit them out on yoshi's island.

I'd say spit them out and then try to gimp their recovery if they can recover. Like maybe Bair and get a stage spike, if their percentage is high enough.

Sean31

Smash Rookie
Also, Kirby's Final Cutter can be used as a Kirbycide. It might be better to try and make it a Meteor Smash instead though.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Even people with bad recoveries can come back if you SPIT THEM OUT. Its better to just let them escape themselves.
Well depending on where and which direction you're facing when you suck them up, letting them break out on their own can cause them to break in the direction of the stage, where as spitting them out under/away from the stage can either outright gimp them or leave them in a position where edgeguarding them is incredibly easy.

But seeing as how few people actually intend on losing a stock when they perform a Kirbycide, isn't it more of a gimp tactic than a suicide?

Top Bottom