• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs jiggs on the tier list.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hello.
A noob friend of mine was wondering why Kirby was so low on the tier list while jiggs is so high.

I dont question it. I know its right (as always, to a degree). However, I have never even played a competive kirby player, so I dont know how to word it.

Help me out?

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
well you said kirby twice but im guessing that u ment they kirby is low and jiggs is high..
i just got good with jiggs and and her aireal attacks are a lot better and u can attack 3 or 4 times while in the air..

u just jump towards enemy and attack then jump away to make it harder for them to counter and just jump back and attach again..ect..also jiggs down b almost kills in 1 hit if u hit thenm in the right spot..while kirbys down b can lead to a self death if done on a slope..
and new players wont know to press b again to go back to normal..

im not too sure on this but when kirby does her air attacks there is more lag and when u attack again so u have to w8 longer befor doing another areial..

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
lol you fail.
You said Kirby twice.
Altho from your title I know you meant why is JIGGLES low tier and Kirby high tier.

Well its obvious.
The only good move Jiggles have is Rollout.
Her range sucks and is the only character who dies from a broken shield... she also doesn't have an Up+B recovery move.

Kirby has good range, annoying projectiles, much stronger smash attacks, and has a VERY good recovery. Also down+B brick moves pwns.

Lol Jboy you fail as well...
Jigglypuff is low tier and kirby is high tier...
Know you role fool!

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
lol you fail.
You said Kirby twice.
Altho from your title I know you meant why is JIGGLES low tier and Kirby high tier.

Well its obvious.
The only good move Jiggles have is Rollout.
Her range sucks and is the only character who dies from a broken shield... she also doesn't have an Up+B recovery move.

Kirby has good range, annoying projectiles, much stronger smash attacks, and has a VERY good recovery. Also down+B brick moves pwns.

Lol Jboy you fail as well...
Jigglypuff is low tier and kirby is high tier...
Know you role fool!
Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0 <--------------7th best
Ice Climbers 7.9

Middle
Samus 6.8
Dr. Mario 6.2
Ganondorf 6.0
Luigi 5.8
Donkey Kong 5.4
Mario 5.3

Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5 <---------------25th best..
Pichu 1.2

thats newest tier list (oct 08)..jiggys in 7th best and kirby is 2nd last...so ha

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Sorry for the typo... but You both hurt my head.

Jboy: Jigglypuff's advantages in competitive play are obvious. And in has more to do with DI mind-games, and ability to WOP combo.

Shadow: Your sarcasm lacks wit. And if that wasnt sarcasm, your wit lacks wit
Thougn perhaps thats just me.

Perhaps this was my fault for mot being more explicit with my question.

What are kirby's most well known, restricting, and consistent flaws when it comes to competitive play?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Why kirby is bad. Lets see.

1) lack of range. All around.
2) Lack of useful moves.
- You have to rely on tilts and b.air. That's realistically all you have to get through most stuff.
3) Lack of killing power (points up to #2)
- Kirby cant kill. Period. Not until you get people into brawl percents, and even then kirby has a **** hard time killing. All of your KOs come from edgeguarding, which is one of kirby's few strongpoints.
4) Lack of mobility.
- Slow in the air, slow on the ground. Go back to lack of range and this means your not getting in.
5) No projectile
- Points back to 4. This means even though you cant do **** for getting in, your *** still has to get in there.
- Yes, kirby has no projectile. Final Cutter is not a threat. Infact, that **** is a liablity if you're dumb enough to use it as a "projectile".

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You forgot his horrible hitstun in spite of being a floaty :D

Usually floaties have low hitstun or whatever to avoid being complete combo fodder. But Kirby's hitstun is amazingly terrible. You can't u-throw u-air samus or luigi with fox (they'll just nair through) and it's sort of awkward (although doable) on puff if she dis and puff makes up for it by being awkward to combo past 2-3 hits overall but kirby it's real easy to combo him with anything because he's stuck for a while :D

And his recovery is incredibly subpar. Probably 7-9th worst in the game or so :D

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I've actually thought about it and, in truth, Kirby doesn't really lack that much range. His attacks have the same general range as Fox/Falco, his Bair has good range/priority, his grab range is good. Range isn't his real problem(it's Pichu's real problem) His real problem comes from the fact that he can't do anything with what he has. His grab range is huge but his throws are ********. His tilts are all on standard level, Utilt Juggles, Ftilt removes pressure, Dtilt edge guards well, but they don't anything else. he can't follow up a tilt with anything because he's slow, but he can't expect to kill with any of them(except maybe Dtilt) and his only combo is out of Utilt. His smashes all have ******** hitboxes meaning they don't do what you want when you want unless you're incredibly precise. His aerials are okish, what he has works, it just sucks that HE has them. If Jiggs had his Uair and Dair she'd be even more dangerous(well, Uair is debatable as her's has Rest Comboability) His only good special is Inhale(which, if used correctly is actually an amazing move, but no one knows that because no one uses Kirby :()

Kirbykaze, you just suck at recovering. Stop playing Sheik with her 1million invincibility frame Up B and learn how to recover like the rest of us.

Top Bottom