• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby vs. G&W

*blob*

Smash Rookie
Whats the best way to approach game and watch other than the standard bair(spacing)?

Also, whats the best thing to do when he bairs you? I have practiced shield grabbing, and i have been able to shield grab immediatley after the first or second hit. I have to grab specifically in between the turtles nearly constant assault. Other than this edgy tactic, what else is safe? I was thinking of just running away until he finished or countering it with kirby's up b? Does anyone have any 'moves' that are usually always successful?

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any 'moves' that are usually always successful?
meta knights shuttle loop, LOL!

but really, cutters not a bad idea, either that or try to space yourself until after the move ends and punish him immediately after. its tough to punish but doable.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Whats the best way to approach game and watch other than the standard bair(spacing)?
Against other characters, some Good approaches can be Air attack alternations. Mix it up with Fair, Bair and Uair above them until you see a mistake then punish. Other approaches could be Running, spot dodge in a way that you land behind them then Utilt.

Kirby has plenty of approaches, but half of them are effective against G&W.

The best way to approach a G&W (IMO obviously) would be a Fast Falling Dair in a way that I land behind them (again). But really, your best bet for G&W would be the Bair spacing. Not much you can do against him :/

Also, whats the best thing to do when he bairs you? I have practiced shield grabbing, and i have been able to shield grab immediatley after the first or second hit. I have to grab specifically in between the turtles nearly constant assault. Other than this edgy tactic, what else is safe? I was thinking of just running away until he finished or countering it with kirby's up b? Does anyone have any 'moves' that are usually always successful?
Well, when you see him jumping backwards... I dunno, walk away? Turtle is really predictable. The best way to counter the turtle is to not get caught in it. If the G&W creates a Pattern, Punish and Enjoy. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*sob*

This thread just keeps reproducing.

*passes out condoms*

Do a search. You will find this matchup in about 8 other threads of similar titles.

Top Bottom