• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & the Rosalina Cap

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
[quoKirby's nicguy726, post: 16296056, member: 232617"]But with olimar you have to throw them, with rosie the luma is just kinda there[/quote]
But kirbys moves are usually shorten/specialized etc. That's why Im thinking that way.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i dont think kirby can swallow the luma. luma acts like a pikmin in that it does attacks, but you cant grab them. executing a command grab still wont grab the luma.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Not sure if it's been said, but I feel like Kirby would just get a less specialized version of Luma.
Kirby could summon a Luma who would attack with him, but he wouldn't be able to control the distance between Luma and himself. Making Kirby's Luma summon less powerful overall.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
but in the game, its a copy ability, meaning you get the full potential.
its not a "i got your power but its not as good because its a remake"
that would deter from using the copy ability at all.

i think its more like what happens when kirby swallows olimar,
you summon a luma, it does the luma shot, then disappears.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just hope we dem bangs.

and kirby could just use the gravitational pull.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kirby only copies the standard special move though, but I guess if Kirby summons a Luma himself, he could utilize the Luma as a puppet character himself.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Kirby only copies the standard special move though, but I guess if Kirby summons a Luma himself, he could utilize the Luma as a puppet character himself.
How so? Kirby's side special is hammer. It has no controll over luma.
I just hope we dem bangs.

and kirby could just use the gravitational pull.
It makes more sense for kirby to use luma shot with B, since olimar kirby has the same predicament. He defaults to a move that uses the luma since that rosalinas signature move, and gravitational pull has no luma involved

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
[quote="extremechiton, post: 16321398, member: 221428"

It makes more sense for kirby to use luma shot with B, since olimar kirby has the same predicament. He defaults to a move that uses the luma since that rosalinas signature move, and gravitational pull has no luma involved[/quote]

yes but It would be taking the time to summon and than shoot it away just to have it disappear.
with olimar its just a pluck and throw and is easy and simple to animate
and the gravitational pull would be easy and simple to animate and would Kirby a reason to suck up Rosalina. unless you just want to get dat bang like me.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
It does take time but not everything has to be fast.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How so? Kirby's side special is hammer. It has no controll over luma.
Perhaps the Hammer could act like a pseudo-Luma Shot. When Kirby swings his hammer, the Luma will strike; it would be like an attack command for the Luma. However, because of the hammer's launch delay, the Luma Shot would end up being slower for Kirby than when Rosalina uses Luma Shot.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
And I think it'll be a luma shot, or a star bit.

We're gonna get olimar'd.
I forgot about the star bits. If that is a special move it would make sense.
Perhaps the Hammer could act like a pseudo-Luma Shot. When Kirby swings his hammer, the Luma will strike; it would be like an attack command for the Luma. However, because of the hammer's launch delay, the Luma Shot would end up being slower for Kirby than when Rosalina uses Luma Shot.
Why should kirby get a copy nerf? Its a COPY move. Not a poor attempt at a recreation.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think Kirby will either shoot a Luma that goes away immediately or he'll get the Luma's side B being the star bits though if Kirby can summon a Luma for him to control then Rosalina's match up with Kirby is going to be quite difficult considering Rosalina's play style relying on the Luma suggests that she's a defensive character with an offensive character aiding her, however if Kirby can control a Luma that's gonna be devistating cause that's two offensive characters coming at you at once, at that point you gotta treat the 1v1 fight like a 3 player fight which is probably what it's going to feel like to actually fight a Rosalina player who took the time to get good with Rosalina indipendantly without relying on Luma.

SykesLoZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
SykesLoZ
3DS FC
4768-8051-9312
Anyone who played Project M against Mewtwo as Kirby will see that Kirby does not take his shadow ball, but his "disable" which was mewtwos D-Special. It may function similarly, where it takes a different move than her Neutral Special. maybe it will just shoot a Luma forward like she does, and it disappears? Maybe he can charge it for distance or power? dont know, just throwing that out there.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Project M =/= official Smash Bros, especially when Mewtwo Kirby having Disable instead of Shadow Ball was a distinct change the P:M team made from Melee instead of a change that would've happened naturally from Melee > Brawl. That said, I agree that Rosalina Kirby would most likely use use either Luma Shot or Star Bits.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I could really see Kirby just throwing some star bits after absorbing Rosalina's powers; that would probably be easier to do than giving him the same puppeteer mechanics as Rosalina. In Brawl, Olimar's standard special had him pick Pikmin from the ground, but Kirby simply threw a Pikmin when he had Olimar's powers; similar to Olimar's side special.

[Shrugs] That all being said, whom knows?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was really hoping he would have gotten her hair (just shortened a bit) as well as the crown, it would have looked adorable.

I mean, Palutena's hair isn't even a particularly iconic part of her, and Kirby gets her hair, but Rosalina's bang is one of the first things you notice when you look at her, and yet Kirby doesn't get her hair. :\

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Kirby Olimar uses Olimar's side B, so I think this will be a similar situation.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I'd imagine Kirby will just shoot star bits or maybe just spring out an attacking Luma that vanishes immediately after use.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Exactly what I was thinking.

I'd imagine Kirby will just shoot star bits or maybe just spring out an attacking Luma that vanishes immediately after use.
Hi!
Well, it is confirmed that the Luma just appears in a few seconds after being defeated, it is not Rosalina's Neutral Special, that's the Luma Shot, and is also confirmed that that's what Kirby does, he throws a Luma and then the Luma dissapears.
Ummm...sorry for the grammar XD

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Hi!
Well, it is confirmed that the Luma just appears in a few seconds after being defeated, it is not Rosalina's Neutral Special, that's the Luma Shot, and is also confirmed that that's what Kirby does, he throws a Luma and then the Luma dissapears.
Ummm...sorry for the grammar XD
Ohh okay, I never caught that, thank you!
And it's alright haha.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I'd say the hat would be Rosalina's crown and wand.

Though it would be awesome if Kirby used a luma suit (similar to Game & Watch) and shot out star bits for the copy ability. :p

Top Bottom