• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & the Rosalina Cap

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, considering that Rosalina's standard special summons a Luma, that could prove to be problematic for Kirby. As we all know, when Kirby copies the abilities of his opponents, only his standard special gets changed.

However, there could easily be a way around this. For instance, Kirby could summon a Luma himself, and it would mimic Kirby's actions; that could give Kirby some extra tricks that he can't do with the other caps.

Anyway, feel free to comment about this matter if you like.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For instance, Kirby could summon a Luma himself, and it would mimic Kirby's actions; that could give Kirby some extra tricks that he can't do with the other caps.
That's what I think too.

Kirby could summon a Luma that would follow his actions, basically copying Rosalina's unique mechanic.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think kirby's gonna get olimar'd again, he's just gonna summon a luma then it attacks, then it goes away, repeat.

But if it mimics kirby's attacks and doesn't disappear like the pikmin did, that would be awesome.

Either way i never was scared of an IC matchup and I'm not scurred of rosalina, i'll just b-air her and her luma allll day. :awesome:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Id say its like the olimar thing again.
Side b seems to be that luma headbutt charge. Which could be useful.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I think kirby's gonna get olimar'd again, he's just gonna summon a luma then it attacks, then it goes away, repeat.

But if it mimics kirby's attacks and doesn't disappear like the pikmin did, that would be awesome.

Either way i never was scared of an IC matchup and I'm not scurred of rosalina, i'll just b-air her and her luma allll day. :awesome:
B-air is so outdated, it's all about that f-air now :troll:

The real question here is whether or not Kirby can eat the Luma, and gain Rosalina's move through that (or just devour it's soul)?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
B-air is so outdated, it's all about that f-air now :troll:

The real question here is whether or not Kirby can eat the Luma, and gain Rosalina's move through that (or just devour it's soul)?
nope I heard dat spamming down b is all the rage :troll:

I think kirby can eat either one and gain the same power, just like the IC's.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
as for the hat, im guessing the crown, and maybe the hair.
if it was just the crown it'd be confused with peach's

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To me it looks like Rosy's neutral was the gravity shield and that didn't need any Luma.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
To me it looks like Rosy's neutral was the gravity shield and that didn't need any Luma.
Someone in another thread pointed out that, that is probably her down special as she is seen crouching before performing it.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
So far I can tell this combination will be like a cross between IC's and Olimar. Also with this being said I can only hope the icies don't make a return.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
We'll have the same that already happens with Olimar...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think the neutral special is the Gravity Field, but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

I think it will be a similar situation with Olimar where Kirby will imperfectly copy his opponent… that is if it involves a Luma.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here are some things that can make the Rosalina cap the most unique of all of Kirby's caps. It would be the only one that alters Kirby's moveset the most, since not only would Kirby wear Rosalina's crown, but he'd also wield her wand.

While wearing Rosalina's crown, Kirby would mimic almost all of Rosalina's attacks. For a price, however, Kirby's Hammer, Final Cutter, and Stone specials would be replaced with Rosalina's side, up, and down specials; this does not occur with any of the other caps that Kirby can wear.

Kirby would still maintain his ability to perform up to 5 mid-air jumps, and his weight and movement attributes would remain untouched too.

Another thing to keep note is that if Kirby summons a Luma, the Luma will automatically disappear if Kirby ends up losing his cap.

pitthekit

Smash Ace

i will bait that bair and walk away then side special you!!!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm fairly certain Kirby will wear Rosalina's hair or crown, and will summon a Luma in front of him that mimics his attacks. He can't move it, just place one that helps him.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Here are some things that can make the Rosalina cap the most unique of all of Kirby's caps. It would be the only one that alters Kirby's moveset the most, since not only would Kirby wear Rosalina's crown, but he'd also wield her wand.

While wearing Rosalina's crown, Kirby would mimic almost all of Rosalina's attacks. For a price, however, Kirby's Hammer, Final Cutter, and Stone specials would be replaced with Rosalina's side, up, and down specials; this does not occur with any of the other caps that Kirby can wear.

Kirby would still maintain his ability to perform up to 5 mid-air jumps, and his weight and movement attributes would remain untouched too.

Another thing to keep note is that if Kirby summons a Luma, the Luma will automatically disappear if Kirby ends up losing his cap.
If this is the case then why not alter kirbys moveset for all hats?

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Ok, so Kirby get's Peach's crown when he has her ability, meaning just getting Rosalina's crown would look really same-y. So the only question is, "Does Kirby also get Rosalina's epic eye-covering haircut?"

And the only answer is, "Yes. Yes he will."

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
or maybe Kirby gets a luma hat instead. It could make sense really. Someone in another thread already mentioned the possibility that neutral B is luma summon and the luma star bit spray once luma is out. Maybe Kirby will just get the luma spray assuming that previous statement is correct.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Ok, so Kirby get's Peach's crown when he has her ability, meaning just getting Rosalina's crown would look really same-y. So the only question is, "Does Kirby also get Rosalina's epic eye-covering haircut?"

And the only answer is, "Yes. Yes he will."
Not anymore same-y than his Mario/Luigi or Link/Toon Link hats. Besides, their crowns are different colors.

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
Not anymore same-y than his Mario/Luigi or Link/Toon Link hats. Besides, their crowns are different colors.
Thing with the Link hats is, that the attacks are basically the same. Some different stats perhaps, but they generally behave the same.
Mario and Luigi's hats are color-coded in harsh contrast (red-green), which makes for easy distinction.

The attack he copies, however, is going to be radically different from Peach's and the light shade of the crowns are quite probably not different enough, especially in motion. I'd love Rosalina haircut Kirby.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Thing with the Link hats is, that the attacks are basically the same. Some different stats perhaps, but they generally behave the same.
Mario and Luigi's hats are color-coded in harsh contrast (red-green), which makes for easy distinction.

The attack he copies, however, is going to be radically different from Peach's and the light shade of the crowns are quite probably not different enough, especially in motion. I'd love Rosalina haircut Kirby.
When Kirby gets Peach's crown it's a lot bigger than the one she has, so it's easier to see.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
This could be a crazy idea... but what if we don't know Rosalina's Side Special yet? What if Luma is controlled by Neutral Special? Neutral Special to summon when Luma isn't on the field, Neutral Special to throw Luma forward when Luma is with Rosalina, Neutral Special to recall Luma when Luma is away from Rosalina. She'd be less Olimar-y that way and Kirby would be able to use Rosalina's attack to its full potential.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Well if any of these "neutral b changes when luma is out" theories are correct, how would Rosalina call the luma to her? That part seems to be proven.

On the other hand, there don't seem to be enough button combinations for all these moves.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
It seems pretty eminant that side special is the one the sends luma charging out. Neutral and down special are the ones that are sketchy.

Top Bottom