• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby the Copy Cat - Copy Ability Discussion (OLD)

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I honestly havent messed with them enough to know what is best for each matchup really, but going off of instinct its some combination of
-Shulk
-Villager
-Olimar
-Wario
-PacMan
-Samus
-D3
-Megaman?
-Robin?
-Lucario?

Not really sure tho, some of those are just ones i think would be good because of all the options it comes with.

Last edited:

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Shulk, Villager, and Olimar are all undeniable. So good. Pikachu and Pac Man are both excellent as well. I'm not really sure about another 5 right now.

I can say that Lucario's is underwhelming, though. As far as I know, the damage and such doesn't go up when you're hurt, unlike Lucario. It leaves you with a pretty weak, ineffective projectile.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Robin's Thunder tomes are pretty useful when they're not running out on you. Arcthunder especially, since it can extend combos well.

On a side note, I like finishing up the tome using Thoron because YOLO.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been discussed yet but can Kirby use neutral B AT from other characters? For example Shieks' shield cancel needle reverse or Zelda's Love Jump/ Love boost? (Terms coined by EOE)

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been discussed yet but can Kirby use neutral B AT from other characters? For example Shieks' shield cancel needle reverse or Zelda's Love Jump/ Love boost? (Terms coined by EOE)
I believe so. I know he can do Sheik's shield cancel needle reverse, but I don't know about Zelda's love jump. I don't even know what that is lol. Kirby can monado arts cancel too. I'm pretty sure he can do all neutral B AT as long as it doesn't require character specific moves.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
I believe so. I know he can do Sheik's shield cancel needle reverse, but I don't know about Zelda's love jump. I don't even know what that is lol. Kirby can monado arts cancel too. I'm pretty sure he can do all neutral B AT as long as it doesn't require character specific moves.
Okay that's good to know. Does that apply to Lucarios aura too? I remember seeing a tip about it in game but I didn't have a chance to read the whole thing in Time.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Okay that's good to know. Does that apply to Lucarios aura too? I remember seeing a tip about it in game but I didn't have a chance to read the whole thing in Time.
No he doesn't get aura. The aura sphere is the same as one that's at 70% aura from what I remember. Someone in this forum has that exact information.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah its something around 70% or something for Aura Sphere. And correct, he doesnt get Aura. He can copy basically all tricks and ATs that the original can as long as another move or attribute specific to the other character effects it. I cant even think of one that Kirby cannot do that the original can and I pride myself on knowing every AT in the game, so im pretty sure he can do all of it. B-reversals (not really a specific AT but some characters cannot B-reverse their neutral special and neither can Kirby), Love Jump, Monado Cancels, Popgun Cancels, etc.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Does Mewtwo Kirby remind anyone else of a sea monkey? Because that's all I can think of when I see it...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I may be one of the few that loves PK Flash. Yes, Ness can absorb it... but not when he's using PK Thunder to recover. So beautiful to land it.

I can hear it's cry in the back of my head and it's JUST TOO CUTE

While on that subject, How does Shadow Ball compare to Aura Sphere?
It's so good against Mewtwo, since it kills him so early. At the same time, unlike Aura Sphere vs Lucario, it can be reflected back at you. So you actually have to be careful about when you use it.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Wow, I'm double posting again?

Blech.

This thread will be re-created with a weekly discussion on different abilities, as copy abilities are rarely discussed yet being uber important for Kirby. So... :yeahboi:.

Top Bottom