• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby SSB Montage

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I am VERY new to the world of emulation. I have Project 64 1.6 (doesn't support online yet), and I am thinking of making a montage about how much freakin better Kirby was in Smash 1 than in Melee. I was thinking about getting Hypercam, and I want to know if this is a good choice. If any of you want to help by getting footage of ownage online or off on any emulator, PM me; I will credit you.I really want to make this good, and any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. And if you have any music ideas, PM me about that too.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys (the ones who PMed me), for the suggestions. I eventually went with Hypercam, and am satisfied with that. Work has begun on the montage (a little, I did a test video and started a WMM file), but still, if you wanna help get footage and send it to me (has to run on WMP), that would be great. I would credit you.

so swanky

Smash Rookie
i dont have an answer for your question, but i cant stand why kirby is so bad in the new game, gamecube version is terrible all the way around, and if the wii version is like it, i will be so disappointed

greenblob

Smash Lord
Dair -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> fair -> fsmash

Metà

Smash Master
A few reasons why Kirby is broken:
-Really good recovery (way better than every other character's, except Pikachu)
-F-smash (least starting and ending lag on a smash attack, and has high priority)
-Massive disjointed hitboxes with godly priority (u-tilt is ENORMOUS and counters nearly everything)
-Good combos
-D-air

Seriously, he's just a little pink ball of pure concentrated ownage. Also, he's sooo easy to use. I'm not disrespecting Kirby players, but seriously, it's so unbalanced it hurts.

l0telephone0l

Smash Cadet
Kirby has a very long theoretical recovery, but his recovery is slow and easy to edgeguard. I personally think that the Mario Bros' recovery is better, although very predictable also. I used to main Kirby and just gimp my brother who used DK. But that wasn't any fun so switched to Jiggly.

Just in case you haven't seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRBS-kDUzw

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
Actually, a good kirby would be pretty hard to edgeguard since they can counter with a nair that has some crazy priority. They can also just dodge you and dair >_>. It all depends XD.

Top Bottom