• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby:male or female

Gumtastik

Smash Rookie
so i have basically come to the reilization that Kirby, very much like Ditto(pokemon)has no specific gender. what do you guys think?

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
. . . .

Kirby is a boy. -.-

Personality
Kirby has a positive attitude, and helps to save Dream Land through the use of his unique powers. His age is never stated, although in the manual for Kirby's Dream Land he is called a 'little boy' and in the television show he is called a 'baby'.[12] This, along with his high-pitched voice, suggest that Kirby is young. Kirby is referred to as male in the animated series.[13]

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
According to Wiki, it says the manual for Kirby's Dreamland refers to him as a little boy. Despite the fact he's pink, it's a guy.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
kirby is obviously a boy.

if he was a girl or it, then ribbon wouldnt have kissed him in kirby 64 crystal shards

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Though I envision Kirby as more male than female, and thusly a "he", I've though for a long time that his main form of reproduction would be asexual.

Specifically, I think he would make more of his species through budding (as do sea sponges) in which say, an arm would fall off and eventually become another Kirby.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
To quote the Dojo...

This is Kirby, Warp Star-riding citizen of Dream Land who can suck up anything. His copy abilities allow him to steal the powers of other characters!

Yeah... He’s the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He’s round, pink, and soft.

The move that symbolizes Kirby is none other than his standard special move, Inhale!

He’s able to copy an enemy’s ability (by which I mean, their standard special move) and use it as his own.

When he inhales a foe and swallows...

He copies his opponent’s ability!

Kirby is quite the glutton. He apparently even does his own cooking.

Welcome to Kirby’s cooking class!

The cook puts on his hat!

He takes out a giant pot!

Dinner’s ready! He rings his bell.

He tosses his enemies into the pot...
...And this comes from a site that refers to all Pokemon as 'it'.

Zek

Smash Ace
Kirby is a he. As to what that actually means in a species with no visible means to reproduce, who knows.

Kotep

Smash Cadet
Kirby is a he the same way Samus is a she. You'd never realize it until you find out more about the character. Though most people do know Samus is female now. Especially after Zamus. o:

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of confirmation, I still think of Kirby in the same way as NiGHTS. Generally sound feminine, yet appear to be male, and I finalize both as genderless.

Since Kirby is a boy, where are all of the girls? :|

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I've always specified Kirby as a "Star Warrior"
And this makes me wonder, what are Dedede and Metaknight
They both have manly voices in the show but wow.

Raz92

Smash Rookie
kirby is a boy, thats its

they refer to him as a HE

he only sounds like a girl because he is very very young and kids have a high pitched voice

case closed :p

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
To quote the Dojo...

...And this comes from a site that refers to all Pokemon as 'it'.

yeah thats proof right there that hes a he. so why are we even questioning this? just as pointless like the theory of sheik being a guy :/

edit: oops i didnt quote the right thing

Top Bottom