• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby is the new capt. falcon

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
He has sooo many combos, he can wall of pain, and his hammer is almost like a knee
so i ask you guys to discuss if kirby takes the role as the combo genius in brawl. Is there anyone else who can take this job? And if anyone can possibly counter Kirby's combos.

-Slash-

Smash Cadet
The only combo he has to me it the forward throw to up air whatever. and that can only be done at like 0%. and decent player can get out of his other "combos"

all his other stuff is great though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik's nair pretty much disrupts every combo Kirby has in the books.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
The only combo he has to me it the forward throw to up air whatever. and that can only be done at like 0%. and decent player can get out of his other "combos"

all his other stuff is great though.

True, decent players can DI out of his combos, but few of his combos can really get people in a combo. He can wall of pain, if that can happen, so can combos, such as bair, bair, fair.
there are a numerous grab combos that can happen and uair combos as well.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Kirby isn't really anything like Captain Falcon at all...just because he can combo, that's the only similarity.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
bad comparison i think, Kirby can connect attacks better in my opinion than many other characters not combo like falcon in melee, Falcons combos in meleee were sick to the max

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
bad comparison i think, Kirby can connect attacks better in my opinion than many other characters not combo like falcon in melee, Falcons combos in melee were sick to the max
I know, but melee is different than brawl. In brawl, you can DI out of most combos, but kirby has many combos and options to choose from when in the air. Kinda like capt. falcon imo. (d-throw b->, d-throw d-throw f-throw, b-> nair uair uair knee, etc)

And yes, the hammer can not match the knee, but in a sense, if you get it off in the air, it can utterly destroy someone. (But that depends on the percent) So can the knee, if someone is over 100% in melee, you can kill them with the knee even with good DI, unless you have REALLY good DI.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I see kirby as the new jigglypuff. His aerial game is ridiculous just like jiggs in melee.
Thats very true.
Let me rephrase my topic then,
Kirby is the new capt.falcon because his grabs are just as deadly as melee falcon imo.
They lead up to so many different things. Kirby does seem like the new jiggz also,
wall of pain is a big reason why, and his aerial game is incredible. Do you think jiggs
can still wall of pain, space, and kill the same way she did in melee?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol kirby has tons of "convenient consecutive hits" which is all there really is in brawl.

by the way new combo: reverse uair > fsmash while they are on the ground. Don't know if it always works but I did an uair and hit with the very end of the kick and he barely moved at all but was stunned long enough for me to land(i was barely off the ground) and do an fsmash. Or maybe he just wasn't trying to shield or dodge or avoid my attack at all o.o

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
besides the usual cookie-cutter throw combos kirby has, u can vary them once they are underway with all his great tilts and air attacks, thus inventing ur own combos "accidentally". Be unpredictable, and even a skilled player can't get out of it.

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
He's definitely better than CFalcon in Brawl, only because of how bad he got nerfed.

His combo game is great, but as mentioned before the hammer isn't as strong as the knee.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
So he took Falcon's grab combos and Jiggs' air combos...not like stealing other guys' powers is anything new for Kirby... :laugh:

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Like someone said earlier, it's not as much combos but rather the ability to string attacks together nicely...
yeah, that basically means that kirby can just keep on hitting, even if it doesnt register as a combo, it still means your getting consistently hit by his aerial game.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Sir, u picked the wrong board to say Kirby sucks.

Kirby is an unstoppable gimping machine with a moveset that would make Falcon jealous
Haha, you misunderstood me.
Kirby sucks. If you press B.
Captain sucks. If you select him as a character.
I actually prefer Kirby sometimes. :lick:

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Haha, you misunderstood me.
Kirby sucks. If you press B.
Captain sucks. If you select him as a character.
I actually prefer Kirby sometimes. :lick:
Kirby's B has good pirioty and you can kirbycide.
Captain cant be all-out bad, i bet theres something up his sleeves.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Yeah I'm one of those people that still believes that Falcon has potential. On topic though, what I think of when I compare Brawl Kirby to Melee Falcon is the fact that Kirby can now be pushed to be incredibly quick, but he also has very solid moves. Melee Falcon wasvery much like that, his moves were brutal and solid when they happened and he could make them happen very quickly. Disproportionately quick for such strong moves.

acv

Smash Journeyman
kirby does not resemble god.therefore he does not resemble captain falcon.

kirby is good though.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
The knee might be stronger, but the hammer's hitbox is like, 10X bigger lol

I kinda get the same rush playing kirby in brawl that I did when I occasionally played falcon in melee. You're just moving really fast trying to find a nice opening and then BAM... rapage to the max0rz, espcially with the hammer/knee and its just so satisfying

daddyshere12

Smash Cadet
Kirby has potential to be like Falcon, but since comboing in Brawl is next to nonexistent, you cant really compare the 2 imo. However, kirbys rapage buff is amazing, and the combos he can do are just great

its also fun spiking someone off the edge with up-b now and again too :laugh:

Top Bottom