• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby in doubles

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
So what are some things I should know/pay attention to when playing Kirby in teams? I wreck with Mario and CFalcon in teams, but whenever I go Kirby my team always loses. Is it just simply a case of me needing to become better with the character, or do you think Kirby has a harder time in teams?

SSS

Smash Ace
Play a pokie style. Poke with bair and nair and stuff. Dash attack can hit a lot because of how chaotic it is, but make sure your teammate is in the air or something. When you edgeguard as a team, make sure you know who does what. Like I as a Kirby player usually grab edge when edgeguarding while my teammate stays on stage. Kirbycide at high percents; you're more likely to get it. Techchase and make sure your teammate is ready to follow up on the techchase. Cover every option your teammate can't. Learn how to team combo with your teammate. If your teammate has a good power for Kirby to steal, get it (Ivy, Falco, MK, etc). Have your opponent set up edgeguards by throwing them offstage and go deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep with bair and stuff. Drop every character other than Kirby and only play Kirby because Kirby is lyfe (shamelessly plays Snake). Drive to Costa Mesa and fight me, Irvine ain't far.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Depending on who your partner uses, Kirby might not be the best idea. Someone who gives him a good Copy Ability and/or covers his weaknesses would work best.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
To be fair usually when I play teams it's mostly with my mega-scrub friends
How do you play kirby in doubles and who do you team with?
Bad (Really dont know how else to describe it lol. Usully I just "go with" whatever is happening when I play Kirby in teams) and my team mate is usually Toon Link (He also has an Ike, maybe that would cover Kirby better?)

Last edited:

SSS

Smash Ace
To be fair usually when I play teams it's mostly with my mega-scrub friends

Bad (Really dont know how else to describe it lol. Usully I just "go with" whatever is happening when I play Kirby in teams) and my team mate is usually Toon Link (He also has an Ike, maybe that would cover Kirby better?)
gooooooooooooooooooooo to costa mesa and fight meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And maybe? I like to do the 2v1 with Kirby poking style, and if your teammate is more confident with his Ike in that situation than his Tink, maybe have him do that.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
The people i have teamed with have been MK, Ike, and Pikachu. I have done pretty well with Ike and MK.

Kirby is a support characters in doubles who has the ability to take advantage of situations and harass the opponent. He can trade stocks with inhale, gimps people, get in and out with dash attack and cutter dash, has great combos to rack up damage, and his Fthrow and Bthrow work well with team combos because they generally don't send the opponent that far so that your teammate can take advantage of the throw towards them.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I think Kirby is a really good doubles character. His small size lets him weave in and out of chaotic situations, while his amazing recovery lets him stock tank well.
Kirby can also save off stage teammates without having to worry too much about SDing or getting edgeguarded.

Top Bottom