• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby in 2 v 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benbow

Smash Rookie
I've not had a chance to try this yet as my partner and I don't tend to play as much as we used to, but would using Kirby's inhale attack to set up a spike be a good idea?

Inhale near the side of the stage, spit them out and then my partner trying to spike them? Or wouldn't there be enough time?

Any other doubles tips you have would be nice, but if anyone knows anything about this could you please reply too?

Thanks.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Would using Kirby's inhale attack to set up a spike be a good idea?
It depends, how good are you when using Kirby's Basic-B and what character you partner have. But IMO, using the Star Shot as a set up spike is very hard to do unless your good with teams. The foe can struggle and break out fast if you take too long, and when you spit them out when they struggle, the Star Shot has less range which make's it hard to prdict if your not watchful. Lastly, you have to have a partner that has a good spike, maybe like Ness's spike, or Donkey Kong's spike, or even Ike's spike because they have an effective spike or should I say dunk. XD

Another tip for teams, if you have a diffrent character on your team, copy their powers if it's useful and cause havoc on your foes. But to do so, you must have a partner with a useful Basic-B move not somthing you won't use too often. Of course having spammer Basic-B as your power from your partner could be a little too annoying since team attack is on. Grab hold, if your the Kirby you could use Side-B when your partner grab hold your foe, Kirby's Side-B has a good enough range to not hit your partner but your the person your fighting, just make sure that your partner doesn't have Yoshi because the hammer would hit Yoshi instead of your enemy.

That's all I'll say, because I don't want to drain the fun of any thread.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I've not had a chance to try this yet as my partner and I don't tend to play as much as we used to, but would using Kirby's inhale attack to set up a spike be a good idea?

Inhale near the side of the stage, spit them out and then my partner trying to spike them? Or wouldn't there be enough time?

Any other doubles tips you have would be nice, but if anyone knows anything about this could you please reply too?

Thanks.
QA thread next time. >.>

Anyway, you'd have to mindgame them into it, as they can struggle to break out of the starshot faster than usual, so you wouldn't be able to tell where the character should be, unless your teammate is samus or something (AND you need a bit of luck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom