• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & ??? for 2 vs 2

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
Who is a good partner for Kirby playing 2 vs 2? My current partner mains Sheik, but is considering changing. Is Kirby and Sheik any good or should he change?

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Believe it or not, I have found double Kirbys make a good team. So many fun things you can do

Sheik might not be great because Kirby's best partner should have either range or a projectile (I guess the needles count). Zelda might be good

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
Believe it or not, I have found double Kirbys make a good team. So many fun things you can do

Sheik might not be great because Kirby's best partner should have either range or a projectile (I guess the needles count). Zelda might be good
Hmm, Din's fire could work pretty well for ranged ko's and hammer or kirby's fsmash for close range...I'll have to think about that. Would Link or Toon Link and Kirby be any good?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
ness/lucas is good for pk thunders and pk flashes/freezes
also you can get ness to spam pk fire <_< >_> lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Double Kirby is actually really good, and plenty fun. I would suggest teaming with a top tier character, or one that can build damage/has reliable KO attacks. Kirby can net KOs easily with his Smashes, so getting even more KOs easily is just that much better. Snake seems like a good choice... as always (sigh).

Doval

Smash Lord
I find heavy characters to compliment Kirby quite well. Not only do they give good abilities (Bowser/Charizard's Fire Breath/Flamethrower, DK's punch, Snake's grenades, Samus's charge shot), they can also be used as very powerful Star Shots.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
i agree with t!mmy, snake is a good partner. i faced a snake player and he plays with him very well. mindgames are F-tilt is snakes stregnth.
lol corrected for truth

but yeah I would go with someone heavier, so probably link over toon link. Marth would be good only if your teammate is a good marth. Anyone who can keep your opponents at a distance and not get knocked around (that rules out olimar) would be an ideal partner : ]

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
Charizard seems to be the best choice because he can act in any situation! He has 3 different pokemon to work with, making him tricky to find one character to counter all of his pokemon =]

SLIVRphantasm

Smash Cadet
whenever me and my freind play 2 v2 im kirby and i think the best team for team battle with kirby is D3 u can hold and barrage them with quick moves while D3 owns them with his hammer

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
I think ROB would be a nice compliment to kirby's many strengths( and weaknesses for that matter) because...

1. He's heavy but not slow
2. He has a very nice projectile game and arial game too.
3. Not the fastest, but has decent speed.
4. You can pick up his dreidel thing to attack others when he cannot.
5. If team attack is on, you get a magical pink laser! :D

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
Charizard seems like it would work pretty well for KOing and Ivysaur for racking up damage and some KOing, but Squirtle and Kirby are pretty similar so that might not work too well. Dedede...hmm...possibly. I'm not sure if my friend can play Dedede. Hmm...Then, again I could switch. ROB is definately a good choice, but I'm not convinced, yet. For some reason Link still seems appealing.

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I play in a 2v2 match with my friend who mains snake we seem to dominate. His massive amount of projectiles and his ability to rack up damage quickly allows us to not diminish our smash attacks and save them for KOs. It also provides for extra edge guarding because snake can attack from the edge while the kirby can attack from the air. In addition, if team attack is on and you know how to use/strip grenades, it makes it even better.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I love the double kirby team. Its really funny when one person tries to kirbycide at 0 and the other kirby does his b while floating by the other, as soon as the character gets out he gets sucked back in. :)

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say it but snake would probably be the best. But other good good choices might be ROB, Pokemon Trainer (NOT just charizard) and another kirby. Seriously, two kirbies WoP people is hilarious.

Top Bottom