• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby falcon punch glitch

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
if you jump and falcon punch with kirby he will go a decent amount higher. try it, just jump and falcon punch. it works with all jumps too.

Doval

Smash Lord
Offensively, it's not any better than a regular Falcon Punch. As a recovery, though, that's pretty bad-***.

EDIT: Wow, you can get a LOT of extra distance by doing reversed Falcon Punches and aiming them up (Falcon Punches can be aimed up or down like Jigglypuff's Pound.) The reason being that during reverse Falcon Punches, you can move left or right while he turns around. What you do is, (in mid-air) hold back, jump, neutral, B, and hold forward in quick succession. Then be sure to be holding up-forward before the punch comes out so that it comes out rising.

Doval

Smash Lord
It could be considered a glitch, because the extra height boost may be unintended, and Captain Falcon doesn't seem to exhibit this behavior; Kirby's copy moves usually mimic the original perfectly.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
But we won't always be matched up against a Falcon. D:

Oh well. Advantage for us when pitted against the old man.

Doval

Smash Lord
Yes, Falcon CAN do this too. Just tilt the Falcon Punch up and he DOES rise...not that much but he does, always has.
No...the glitch isn't aiming the Falcon Punch up or down, though that does help. The glitch is the extra height boost for triggering the Falcon Punch immediately after starting a jump, and Falcon does NOT get this height boost.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
it's not a glitch. I just tested it. It's just like Mario's Cape, it only helps the recovery once during your whole recovery. If it was a glitch you could keep doing it over and over again. You don't rise at all the second time.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
it's not a glitch. I just tested it. It's just like Mario's Cape, it only helps the recovery once during your whole recovery. If it was a glitch you could keep doing it over and over again. You don't rise at all the second time.
yes you do. i did it on all of my jumps consecutivly.
this could be helpful on teams with cap'n falcon. eh?

Top Bottom