• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby chain throws

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Unless i'm sadly mistaken, I dont think kirby can chain throw ANYBODY in the game.

MAYBE floaties, but it wouldnt last long.

I think the closest you're going to get is tech chasing.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
im looking for a way to chain throw with kirby. even just against certain characters would help, marth, fox and gannon would be nice.
No, he can't. Kirby has no chain throws. Tech chase on D-throw is your closest thing to a chain throw and Kirby's crappy at tech chase because he's slow.

On a more novelty-ridden note, I read somewhere that you can chain throw Fox and Falco at like 120%. Not sure how that's useful and I doubt you can, but on the off chance you can it might be funny to pull out arbitrarily.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yes, CG spacies with u-throw is possible. But still, CG is lame and for people who aren't good enough to win without the use of a broken tactic so even though Kirby has none CG is ******** for anyone. Don't do it unless you're a pansy.

Yes, CG spacies with u-throw is possible. But still, CG is lame and for people who aren't good enough to win without the use of a broken tactic so even though Kirby has none CG is ******** for anyone. Don't do it unless you're a pansy.

Looks like someone gets ***** often...

If you believe that CG'ing is retarted,then why don't you try it for yourself.It isn't as easy as everyone makes it sounds(Unless your Fox or Shiek).

But yeah...Kirby...CG?

That doesn't exist.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Simna has said to me that Kirby can chain throw Falcon at really high percents as well, but I never bothered to verify that claim.

even if they exist, Kirby's CGs don't really seem to be viable tactics.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
actually i just kind of found one on fox at lower %'s. granted it was on a lvl 9 comp but still it might work. at around 20% if you uthrow to a fastfalled fair it should place fox back into standing position. if you l-cancel it you can grab him again before he can move.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
How would a CG work on up throw when your opponent can get out of the grab itself :laugh:

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Looks like someone gets ***** often...

If you believe that CG'ing is retarted,then why don't you try it for yourself.It isn't as easy as everyone makes it sounds(Unless your Fox or Shiek).

But yeah...Kirby...CG?

That doesn't exist.
Actually many, CoK members and such, say I'm the best DK in Ohio and some have said that I'm nearly as good as AOB (I disagree there though). CG is retardedly easy to do with a good portion of the cast (IC, Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Ganon, CF, Peach, DK...). If you think it is hard to do you just suck at it.

I think it's "retarted" so I don't do it. I'd be quite the hypocrite otherwise. That being said, I have done it to people who make claims such as yours to prove my point. I can do it pretty well with no practice at it at all.

CG is for losers.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I've seen the uthrow broken. They don't bounce when you hit the ground, they just stand there unharmed.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Incorrect good sir. U-throw is unbreakable.
I'll have to experiment on that the next time I play with another person. I was under the impression that up, back, and forward can be escaped....but then again, that was mostly before I learned all the advanced stuff.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I chaingrab with kirby all the time. It's pretty easy. All you have to do is make sure your oponent is a CPU

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'll have to experiment on that the next time I play with another person. I was under the impression that up, back, and forward can be escaped....but then again, that was mostly before I learned all the advanced stuff.
No need to experiment, he's correct. Kirby's U-throw is not "breakable" as the back and forward throws are.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Well, you can CG with Kirby's b-throw as long as they keep breaking out, which at 0% they don't even have to push anything really, but it does no damage. But it does move them backwards a bit I think, maybe closer to the edge for a swallowcide, etc.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Space animals are CGable with uthrow between 70 and 100%, as long as they don't DI forward. Buttcrust beat me to it as well, you can "CG" with the opponent continuously breaking out of forward and back throws. It may sound far-fetched, but it does work, so long as you can time the throw well enough (it's based on damage and your opponent's escaping ability... try to get a feel for both).

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Can Kirby Chain Throw?

I am not sure but here is a little experiment to see if he can. It isn't an exact chain throw.

At small percentages with most characters after you D-throw with Kirby you can U-Tilt them up and JC for another grab. Just make sure that if they are a bit out of reach that you run and a split second JC grab for a little more reach. You would grab them if they are at a good leverage. If they are not at a good height and fast fallers like Fox then just give another U-Tilt (while still knowing the fact that he can't DI much at near zero percentages after a U-Tilt but he might tech if he hits the floor:ohwell:) until they are at a good height. You might be able to rinse and repeat. I am experimenting with it now. Though you might have to be able to read a good DI. I don't think it works with floaty characters. You might be able to do it to Mario if your lucky but don't get your hopes up much (but it can be doable). It's easier with heavy characters. I have been practicing with CPU's now and it works well but I need to try it on a human player.

Not exactly a Chain Throw but close to it. Try it and reply what you think about it. :)

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Techchasing with kirby can be incredibly difficult. I can do it well on some characters, but others roll too far. Kirby is not that slow if you know what you're doing.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
I think it should be attained through the u-throw. IMO it's pretty GC-able, being as if you L-Cancel the landing and the grab the opponent again. But that's just me.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
^^ You can't u-tilt if they tech the d-throw.
Sure you can. You're actually more likely to hit if they do a standing tech. But the point is to get the timing/prediction right so they're screwed however they choose to do things, or at the very least, you're not.

Top Bottom