• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Can Grab Through MK's Tornado!

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Me and my brother were playing a friendly match, and we discovered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plz8RN5FoNw

My bro was able to grab me through my tornado somehow. I have very recently picked Meta Knight up as a secondary so I don't have a ton of play experience with him so it could be a user- error type thing. However, if it's not, I would think this could help the Kirby metagame against MK significantly if his tornadoes could be shut down. (One less freaking annoying move to deal with lol)

Hopefully this will be useful to Kirby mains. ^_^

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
As much as I would LOVE to say it were so, only a pivot grab @ a grounded tornado could really 'grab' MK out of it. What happened there was grab armor. LOL.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, very situational. MKs know this so they tornado from high enough so that our grab always misses. Thanks for trying to help out the community though, help is always appreciated. ;)

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah that was grab armor that let him grab the nado. It's not really reliable, but I do end up doing it a decent amount. Fsmash and aimed bair help against nado pretty well too. Nado isn't that huge of problem for Kirby.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I was really hoping that I had found something new :/ Oh well.

Yep, very situational. MKs know this so they tornado from high enough so that our grab always misses. Thanks for trying to help out the community though, help is always appreciated. ;)
I guess that makes sense. I have a lot to learn about MK still. I came back from my first Smash tournament Saturday night, and I decided to pick him up as a much needed secondary.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was really hoping that I had found something new :/ Oh well.

I guess that makes sense. I have a lot to learn about MK still. I came back from my first Smash tournament Saturday night, and I decided to pick him up as a much needed secondary.
Good choice, MK is the best character in the game for a reason. He'll cover your bad matchups, and then your good matchups. :awesome:

I'd recommend learning how to use Kirby though, things aren't looking good for MK in the community. People are starting to ban him at their tournaments, and the number of MK Banned tourneys are rising. Learn how to use MK, but also learn how to use Kirby or whatever other character clicks for you

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Good choice, MK is the best character in the game for a reason. He'll cover your bad matchups, and then your good matchups. :awesome:

I'd recommend learning how to use Kirby though, things aren't looking good for MK in the community. People are starting to ban him at their tournaments, and the number of MK Banned tourneys are rising. Learn how to use MK, but also learn how to use Kirby or whatever other character clicks for you
I know how to use Kirby fairly well and I could actually use him in a tournament match if I needed to. I like him as well and he's another good choice for the way I play the game. I know tournaments are also starting to move towards banning MK, but it hasn't been something heavily discussed in Alabama so far.

You play Falco. No secondary needed.
I do for Pikachu and I hate playing against Olimar as well. Other than that, Falco covers most everything I need...

Top Bottom