• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby B-Throw to Bair Percentages

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
So I knew about the bthrow to bair for a while, and decided to post specifics. Yes, I know this has already been done, but I'm gonna give specifics and ways to utilize it. I hope that's all right.

So first, I need you to understand what happens. Basically, at low percentages, some characters can be thrown back and instantly slapped with feet. It does damage and a good way to rack up early percentages. Can be combined with a dash attack if opponent doesn't tech.

The legend for the list (I wrote this on my phone where I didn't have much space):
Sw: Sweet Spot, where it is a guarunteed and does more damage.
So: Sour Spot, where it usually can be DI'd out of and does less damage.
J: Jump. This is an important one. With some characters, if you B-throw, jump, and then bair, it ill still be sweet spotted and guarunteed.

The format is the percentage, Sw or So. If there is an Sw and an So percentage, the So goes second.

THESE PERCENTAGES ARE BEFORE THE THROW! If you are looking for after throw percentages, add 8%. If you're looking for total after throw + bair, add 16% to 21%, depending on whether the Bair sweetspotted.

The list:
Mario: Doesn't work
Luigi: Doesn't work
Peach: 0-6% Sw
Bowser: 0-10% Sw
Yoshi: 0-11% Sw 12% So
Rosalina: 0% So
Bowser Jr.: 0-12% Sw 13-16% So
Wario: 0-10% So
G&W: 0-9% Sw
DK: 0-1% Sw 2-12% So
Diddy: 0-18% Sw
Link: 0-3% Sw
Zelda: Doesn't work
Sheik: Doesn't work
Ganon: 0-3% So
T. Link: 0-4% So
Samus: Doesn't work
ZSS: Doesn't work
Pit: Doesn't work
Palutena: Doesn't work
Marth: 0-8% Sw
Ike: Doesn't work
Robin: 0-5% Sw
Kirby: 0-3% Sw 4-9% So
King DeDeDe: 0-26% Sw 27-29% J
MK: 0% So
L. Mac: 0-5% Sw 6% So
Fox: Doesn't work
Falco: Doesn't work
Pika: Doesn't work
Charizard: 0-27% Sw 28% J
Lucario: Doesn't work
Jiggly: 0-10% Sw
Greninja: Doesn't work
Duck Hunt: Doesn't work
R.O.B: Doesn't work
Ness: 0-24% Sw
C. Falcon: Doesn't work
Villager: 0-21% Sw
Olimar: Doesn't work
WFT: Doesn't work
Dr. Mario: Doesn't work
Dark Pit: Doesn't work
Lucina: 0-7% Sw
Shulk: Doesn't work
Pac-man: 0-11% Sw
Mega-man: Doesn't work
Sonic: 0-6% So

Important notes:
- Bowser jr. Takes more damage due to the bair hitting him in the head.
- The only two characters that have a Jump + Bair guaranteed are Charizard and King DeDeDe, King DeDeDe having the more reliable jump to bair.
- Rosalina and MK both only work if they are at 0%, and barely hit anyways.
- King DeDeDe has the highest percentage where the throw works.

Doesn't work on:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Zelda
- Sheik
- Samus
- ZSS
- Pit
- Palutena
- Ike
- Fox
- Falco
- Pikachu
- Lucario
- Greninja
- Duck Hunt
- R.O.B
- C. Falcon
- Olimar
- WFT
- Dr. Mario
- Dark pit
- Shulk
- Megaman

Characters it only Sourspots:
- Rosalina
- Wario
- Ganon
- Toon Link
- MK
- Sonic

Characters this works on:
- Peach
- Bowser
- Yoshi
- Bowser jr.
- G&W
- DK
- Diddy
- Marth
- Robin
- Kirby
- King DeDeDe
- Little Mac
- Charizard
- Jiggly
- Ness
- Villager
- Lucina
- Pac-man

Some combos that involve B-throw and B-air:
Dair - Utilt - B-Throw - Bair
- Only works on Diddy, King DeDeDe, Chariard, Ness, and Villager since these are the only characters that Bthrow to Bair works on past 14% (Dair + uair).
- Does from 25-35% damage, or add 4% or 5% for every extra Utilt.

Utilt - Utilt - B-throw - Bair:
- Basically the same just starting with an Uair(s)
- First Utilt: Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Bowser jr, G&W, DK, Diddy, Marth, Robin, Kirby, King DeDeDe, Little Mac, Charizard, Jiggly, Ness, Villager, Lucina, Pac-man, and Sonic. If late, Toon Link will also work.
- Second Utilt: Bowser, Bowser jr, Yoshi, DK, Diddy, King DeDeDe, Charizard, Jiggly, Ness, Villager, and Pac-man.
- Third is the same characters as the first combo on the combo list.
- This will do 24%-31%, and add 4% or 5% for every extra Utilt.

Dair - Utilt - Dtilt - B-throw - Bair
- This only works if they trip.
- Only works on King DeDeDe, Charizard, Ness, and Villager since, if you get it perfect, adds up to 19% before throw.
- Can only work on Diddy if you are late on your only Utilt.
- Does not need Dair to work. Without Dair, this would also work on Yoshi, Bowser jr, DK, Diddy, and Pac-man.
- Does 31-40%, add 4% or 5% for every extra Utilt.

Fair - B-throw - Bair:
- If done with all three kicks, Bowser jr, DK, Diddy, King DeDeDe, Charizard, Ness, and Villager will work.
- This does 28%-33% damage.
- If you only get the first two hits, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, G&W, Marth, Robin, Kirby, Jiggly, Lucina, and Pac-man will work.
- If you only get the first hit, Toon Link will also work.

Floor attack - B-throw - Bair:
- Only works on Peach, Bowser, Bowser jr, Yoshi, G&W, DK, Diddy, Marth, Robin, Kirby, King DeDeDe, Little Mac, Charizard, Jiggly, Ness, Villager, Lucina, Pac-man, and Sonic.
- If you get tripped, you're floor attack will trip your opponent, and you can get a grab.
- Does 21%-26% damage.

EDIT #1: I haven't been updating this, but there are a few things that have been found.

#1: Buster Kirby can B-throw to B-air to 3% on all characters who it doesn't work on (average), except for Olimar who gets sour-spotted. I'll only post buster percents if I am asked to, since it will take a lot of work.

#2: You can get some characters at higher percents than usual by jumping and b-airing right away. For example, DK gets hit by jump + b-air after b-throw until 29%. Thats about 19% more. This can do 3% more on DeDeDe also, still haven't tested all characters.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
TL:DR

This only works on:
:4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4gaw::4dk::4diddy::4marth::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4littlemac::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villager::4lucina::4pacman::4wario::4ganondorf::4tlink::4metaknight::4sonic::rosalina:
This only can sweetspot:
:4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4gaw::4dk::4diddy::4link::4marth::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4littlemac::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villager::4lucina::4pacman:
Characters that you can't sourspot:
:4peach::4bowser::4gaw::4diddy::4marth::4robinm::4dedede::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villager::4lucina::4pacman:
Characters that this will work effectively on (10% and above and no sourspot):
:4diddy::4dedede::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villager::4pacman:
Characters that this will work AMAZINGLY on (15% and above no sourspot):
:4diddy::4dedede::4charizard::4ness::4villager:

Dair - Utilt - B-Throw - Bair
:4diddy::4dedede::4charizard::4ness::4villager:

Utilt - Utilt - B-throw - Bair:
:4bowser::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4dedede::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villager::4pacman:
Only works if you take away a Utilt:
:4peach::4gaw::4marth::4kirby::4littlemac::4sonic:

Fair - B-throw - Bair:
:4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4dedede::4ness::4villager:
Fair with only two kicks:
:4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4gaw::4marth::4robinm::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4pacman:
Fair with only one kick:
:4tlink:

Floor attack - B-throw - Bair:
:4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4gaw::4dk::4diddy::4marth::4robinm::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villager::4lucina::4pacman::4sonic:

(This wouldn't post on the thread)

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
This is nice but I believe someone already did this in the Epic Guide Thread. However, I appreciate your effort and making it simple to understand. Thank you.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Er, don't mean to disappoint, but all of that information was already found. T!mmy compiled a list when he told everybody about it.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Er, don't mean to disappoint, but all of that information was already found. T!mmy compiled a list when he told everybody about it.
I already knew he did, but I only saw percentages, no Sweet/sour spots or combos based around it. I will look again, though.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I already knew he did, but I only saw percentages, no Sweet/sour spots or combos based around it. I will look again, though.
Ah, alright. The list you made is much easier to read, so it should be better for new players who are exploring Kirby.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What's important about this is he's posted the specifics of the B-throw data... which I haven't gotten around to doing. I made cryptic footnotes because I felt like the core B-throw data was most important early in the game. I'm happy to see all the details are available here since I may not get around to updating the Guide for a while.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I understand that you're trying to help the community but please check the stickied threads before posting a thread

Look at the comments please, I saw the post, and I thought I could expand on it, like combos, lists, efficiency, etc. Even T!mmy was fine with the thread, and is even the post above yours. I don't wanna be rude, but the page has like, 4 comments. Not 80. Just read them.

Chef Kirby

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kirby-Cook
I did and I know. I meant to like add it to T!mmys epic guide and just ask him if he could add it there. This is a good effort but I don't think this should have a thread of its own. Nice Job though.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I did and I know. I meant to like add it to T!mmys epic guide and just ask him if he could add it there. This is a good effort but I don't think this should have a thread of its own. Nice Job though.
It isn't that easy to go, "Hey add this bye". I posted it so its free info, and T!mmy can add it if he likes. If he doesn't, well, the information is still here, not kept away in my computer.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Yo thanks for doing the research for this! It's very good to know. Now we just have to find out which characters we can do bthrow to uair to uptilt with!!

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
...So wait Bthow -> Uair is a combo? Jtails mention the same thing but I have never heard of that before. In fact, in the Competitive Impression Thread, Reserved, Asdioh and Chrono all state it is not possible.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
I believe it's only possible with a few heavy big characters. I was watching MikeKirby's most recent VOD and saw him doing it to DeDeDe.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I believe it's only possible with a few heavy big characters. I was watching MikeKirby's most recent VOD and saw him doing it to DeDeDe.
Yeah, it works on most heavy characters. I think its width, since slim but tall characters don't get affected.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Agreed, I saw him do it to a Dedede. That's the only time I"ve ever seen it work ever.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I posted some percentages and stuff about b-throw>u-air. I'll try to dig it up. It's works on only a few characters unfortunately but when it does weeeew!

Edit:
Ok couldn't dig it up but here's my personal notes again.

Also, I haven't updated about half of the list's percentages since the 1.0.4 patch since I felt like if I could get it at zero percent, or after one u-tilt, then it was good enough for me. If you can expand on it, please do!! =D

Percentages in parenthesis are starting percents.

Mario
N/A

Luigi
N/A

Peach
N/A

Bowser
*B-throw>u-air (0-2%)
*doesn't register as true combo though.

Yoshi
B-throw>u-air (6-12%)

Rosalina
N/A

Bowser Jr
N/A

Wario
B-throw>u-air (only @ 9%)

G&W
N/A

Donkey Kong
B-throw>u-air (5-20%)

Diddy Kong
N/A

Link
N/A

Zelda
N/A

Shiek
N/A

Ganondorf
*B-throw>u-air (0-2%)
*doesn't true combo though

Toon Link
*B-throw>u-air (0-3%)
*true combos starting @ 2%

Samus
N/A

Zero Suit Samus
N/A

Pit:
N/A

Palutena
N/A

Marth
B-throw>U-air (2-3%)

Ike
N/A

Robin
N/A

Kirby:
B-throw>u-air (0-9%)

King Dedede
*B-throw>u-air (0-28%)

Meta Knight
B-throw>U-air (0-4%)

Little Mac
B-throw>u-air (4-6%)

Fox
N/A

Falco
N/A

Pikachu
N/A

Charizard
*B-throw>U-air (0-6%)
*True combos starting @ 3%

Lucario
N/A

Jigglypuff
*B-throw>U-air (0-2%)
*True combos starting at 1%

Greninja
N/A

Duck Hunt
B-throw>U-air: (2-5%)

ROB
N/A

Ness
*B-throw>U-air (0-8%)
*true combos starting @ 2%)

Captain Falcon
*B-throw>U-air (only @ 0%)
*not a true combo though

Villager
*B-throw>U-air (0-7%)

Olimar
N/A

Wii Fit Trainer
N/A

Dr Mario
N/A

Dark Pit
N/A

Lucina
B-throw>U-air: (2-3%)

Shulk
(Buster Mode Only)
*B-throw>U-air: (0-21%)
*Not a true combo though

Pacman
N/A

MegaMan
N/A

Sonic:
B-throw>u-air: (only @ 5%)

------

I would also like to point out that Kirby has a fewwww combos out of b-throw with certain copy abilities. ;D

The confirms.
Marth/Lucina
B-throw>Shield Breaker (13%-22%)

Pacman
B-throw>Key Throw (0-55%)

At mid percents I know you can b-throw>Mid-air jump>lazor with Fox/Falco's blaster.

B-throw into copy abilities like Mario/Luigi/Bowser. Jr/Diddy/Pit etc are not true combos but they make great use as pressure tools!

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Even T!mmy was fine with the thread, and is even the post above yours.
Don't be too concerned what Chef Kirby said since he's just giving advice, and as with all advice it's put out there to be used by whomever can benefit from it.

My advice is simply that we thank everyone for taking their time to contribute to these forums and if something needs to be moderated the Moderators will step in and do their job.

Personally, I enjoy seeing more threads made. More threads means more activity and more activity is good for the Kirby community. Also, this thread holds useful information, so I feel it's more than valid enough to stand on its own.

Last edited:

TheBardlyBard

Smash Cadet
Hi Resident Monado arts Kirvy expert here, i would like to point out that it turns out that this will work as a sweetspot to every character up to 3% as buster kirby. Except with olimar which will come out as a sourspot, Dunno if this info helps but it helped me in doubles

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Hi Resident Monado arts Kirvy expert here, i would like to point out that it turns out that this will work as a sweetspot to every character up to 3% as buster kirby. Except with olimar which will come out as a sourspot, Dunno if this info helps but it helped me in doubles
This will help me out, and I'll also add it. Thanks!

Top Bottom