• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby ATs?

Brody2

Smash Cadet
Are there any? If so, what are they. Or just point me in the direction of the thread, if something like this has already been posted.

storm92

Smash Ace
Nope, we're a bit lacking in the AT compartment with Kirby.
The closest thing we have is...Kirbycide? ._.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
There is airwalking with aerial hammer. U run off the stage and immediatly use aerial hammer in the direction of the stage. If done right u should here Kirby swing his hammer and it can hit ur opponent.

Also there is his infinite jump. Use aerial hamer at the right time so that it ends just b4 Kirby hits the ground, if done correctly Kirby will not touch the ground but will get all his jumps back.

Kirby can Jab Lock, same as laser lock w/ Falco except with neutral A, Personally i dont think its good for Kirby, its EXTREMELY difficult to do. Not to mention hard to start

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
There is some techniques that i put in my Portuguese Kirby FAQ, they aren't "advanced" necessarily, but are techniques =]

Jump-Cancel Rock - I gave the name for lack of a, but it is basically what the name does speak, Kirby's DownB (rock) haves vertical knockback just in the air, but using the jump and quickly using DownB, the knockback of the rock can be vertical same if used in the ground, it is not of the best techniques, but nevertheless it is a useful technique, since DownB haves a generous knockback.

Ike Quickdraw Glitch - It is a very useful technique if used against Ikes that like to use FrontB as attack, besides being simple of doing. It is only to use the swallow (with Dedede it also works) if behind Kirby there is a hole (area where the chars die), and Ike to get right Kirby in the middle of the swallow, he will stay in movement, falling of the "cliff."

Towerslamming - That technique just works in the shadow moses island, the technique consists in simply to catch the opponent leaning in the wall, and to use Uthrow of Kirby, the opponent will beat in the tower of the shadow moses and he will die (even with 0%) and Kirby won't die, coming back to the arena. 1-hit-KO.

Lucky Jump - Term created by TekaiGuy (knowner like Lucky). this technique consists of giving a spike in the opponent with the dair, using the fastfall (or not), accompanying the opponent in the air, and soon afterwards to give a footstool jump, sinking more the opponent, working as well as a second spike spike, but without lag, it is a very good technique, it is worthwhile to give a trained.

Well, my english isn't good, then should have mistakes above.

Gonzo, how this techinique with aerial hammer is called?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Its called airwalking, Kirby isnt the only character that can do it but basically u run off the edge and as soon as u run off use Kirby's hammer towards the stage, if u do it right Kirby will not only land on the stage but the hammer can hit an opponent

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I think i discovered a new technique yesterday,

It look like a triple hammer, u short hop and use aerial hammer so it perfectly touches the edge of the stage and apparently when i did it i got two more swings out of it. I have it on tape i think but i'm not sure, Kirby mainers plz try and test this

This is Gonzo on my friend's profile

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
There is some techniques that i put in my Portuguese Kirby FAQ, they aren't "advanced" necessarily, but are techniques =]
Towerslamming - That technique just works in the shadow moses island, the technique consists in simply to catch the opponent leaning in the wall, and to use Uthrow of Kirby, the opponent will beat in the tower of the shadow moses and he will die (even with 0%) and Kirby won't die, coming back to the arena. 1-hit-KO.
Originally brought to this forum by me...
[Tactic] Heights Bombing

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
I have seen this video with the "Towerslamming" nickname, but thanks, i will add this to the FAQ ^^

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I think i discovered a new technique yesterday,

It look like a triple hammer, u short hop and use aerial hammer so it perfectly touches the edge of the stage and apparently when i did it i got two more swings out of it. I have it on tape i think but i'm not sure, Kirby mainers plz try and test this

This is Gonzo on my friend's profile
You're probably just edge canceling the hammer the first time, then doing an air hammer. I can't test it b/c I don't have a wii with me right now and b/c I don't use hammer that much.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
At's are so lacking for the Kirbmeister! man i wish we had a "zap-jump". Thought i kept doing something similar, after i would be hit into the air, i'd hop once after the di from the hit has vanished and i'd scale 2 times the height it should go, it happened abou 5 times at the tourney i was in yesterday, worth looking into?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
You're probably just edge canceling the hammer the first time, then doing an air hammer. I can't test it b/c I don't have a wii with me right now and b/c I don't use hammer that much.

When u edge cancel hammer the hammer doesnt swing enough to hit anyone, my hammer clearly swung.

What i think happened is: Ii swung the hammer, the edge canceled the second swing, and then i used hammer again but b/c the edge canceled my first hammer swing the "second" swing cam out like it was part of the first.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Nothing is totally useless my friend.. even the great ChozenOne has been known to use ROB's B--> from time to time, to fux w/ his opponent's mind...

Gonzo is too good..

No Jones.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
lol Chozen, ur hilarious Dude, and Kirby's infinite jump is a huge mind game in my opinion.

Imagine for a moment u knock ur opponent off the edge with a well timed hammer and know u have ur jumps back, ur opponent may not know or think u have many less jumps and open himself up to attacks that normally u couldnt get to him with

Brody2

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, thanks a lot. Yeah, it sucks that kirby doesn't have a lot of ats...but I think it is due to the fact that he is a pick up and play/ straightforward type of character. Sure you can hone your skills and all that, but it's pretty easy to know where his strengths lie right away (do not think I'm dissing Kirby...me and him have been mowing down mofos since release day of Smash 64.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Its tru Kirby is a solid character but i disagree with its easy to know where his strengths lie. Kirby's strengths depend on his opponent. Ur opponent dictates which moves work best and which dont

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Gonzo, Kirby isn't predictable, he is a character that have many tricks, and can be better than a lot of chars, i think that kirby doesn't up in the tier because much players haven't played with a good Kirby, yet.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
As underratted as Marth is overrated. :laugh:

Ike Quickdraw Glitch - It is a very useful technique if used against Ikes that like to use FrontB as attack, besides being simple of doing. It is only to use the swallow (with Dedede it also works) if behind Kirby there is a hole (area where the chars die), and Ike to get right Kirby in the middle of the swallow, he will stay in movement, falling of the "cliff."
A few days back I somehow did this on other characters. Pulled it off against Mario's b-air (ended up killing himself when he up-B'd and got stuck under Castle Siege's lip) and Toon Link's air dodge. They didn't go as far as Ike does, but this needs to be looked into more...

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
At's are so lacking for the Kirbmeister! man i wish we had a "zap-jump". Thought i kept doing something similar, after i would be hit into the air, i'd hop once after the di from the hit has vanished and i'd scale 2 times the height it should go, it happened abou 5 times at the tourney i was in yesterday, worth looking into?
YES.

If you can rise a surprising distance into a hammer, that's great! Kirby normally can't climb very fast.

What would keep Kirby from getting up the tiers would be the fact that he's still a marshmallow. All the buffed kicks and jump space hammers in the world won't change the fact that he's (somehow) light and inertial. As mentioned, Kirby is reactive - dependent on the opponent's game - and reactivity can never set the standard unless it's broken to the point of permission.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
A few days back I somehow did this on other characters. Pulled it off against Mario's b-air (ended up killing himself when he up-B'd and got stuck under Castle Siege's lip) and Toon Link's air dodge. They didn't go as far as Ike does, but this needs to be looked into more...
We should look into this more. Really.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed that kirby's final cutter has a sort of suction if you hit the opponent near the tip? I have a video from a casual that will hopefully be on youtube soon where I did upb and hit my opponent who was near the edge of the stage and he got pulled off the stage AND spiked straight down.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Kirby does have some AT's. Like stutter stepping( do a slight dash to make your smash attack extend), stutter grabbing( do a slight dash to make your grab range extend while grabbing), his aerial hammer gives him more momentum to recover back onto the stage, pivot smashing ( dashing then turn around, and when turn around animation begins, f-smash, downsmash, tilts, hammer, etc., Makes kirby kind of slide a bit while using the c-stick.) Rock sliding (Land on uneven ground to slide down to attack, or slide down to safety.)

But the most unique AT to Kirby at the moment is spit gimping. Spit someone under the stage or against the stage, if they have a chance to make it back, b-air them soon after, which will most likely stage spike them

hectichobo

Smash Ace
The Brick Twitch. Which I found out myself. On PictoChat, the corners of the stage are slanted. If you brick on them without falling off which there is a 50/50 chance you will if you get the spike ball, the brick will twitch. It isn't a little twitch either, it's like a lady having a seizure, getting electrocuted, and getting fingered twitch. It hurts anyone within a certain distance. If you brick on porky, 1/20 times you do it, it will do the same trick and he will pretty much instantly be KO'd. Haven't really found any other places you can do this yet, but I'm positive there are more. Again, I discovered this. :p

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so here's a list of all the Kirby-specific AT's.

-F-throw combos (Gonzo combos)
-Hammer airwalking
-Ike Withdraw Glitch by Magatsu (though it seems like it could work with more. I'm intrigued, so I'll go down and spend some time looking at this.
-Dair spiking
-Triple Hammer (???)
-Swallowcide (still works sometimes)
-Cuttercide
-Starshot KO
-Stage-assisted starshot KO
-Bair fence of pain (sounds so much cooler than wall of pain, don't you think?)

Now I'm off to look at Ike Withdraw madness.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
I call the Starshot KO / Spit Gimping with other name, Undercide.

Giucob, isn't Ike withdraw glith, is Ike quickdraw glith, the name of the Ike FrontB.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
I call the Starshot KO / Spit Gimping with other name, Undercide.

Giucob, isn't Ike withdraw glith, is Ike quickdraw glith, the name of the Ike FrontB.
Meh, doesn't really matter. It'll probably get renamed if it turns out to work with a lot of other things.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
i dont know any but i seen a video where kirby gets infinite jumps with hammer

Top Bottom