• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby’s Super Special Specials

how did you choose your main?

• your favorite video game character

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • liked the play style

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • it was top tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cause you did

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
Heyyyyyyy i made this thread because I have been hearing a lot of hate on Kirby's special that i think is wrong.
Also i would like to hear what you all think of Kirby's specials and any
tricks you might have with them :joyful:

Disclaimer: you should NOT spam these specials

HAMMER:
General Information

There are three phases the hammer will go through, not on fire, on fire, and the almighty engulfed in flames hammer spectacular.
The first phase will do 19%-21% damage and does good knockback,
The second does 22%-28% damage and has great knockback,
The last phase will do 35% damage but that wont matter cause they probably died from it already.
(All percentages were on the ground)

Usage
I found that this is most useful as an edge guarding tool off stage.
It can also be very effective if you can manage to basically play a game of dodge ball while moving towards your
opponent dodging their moves

Small Tidbits
At full charge you will receive damage from this UNTIL you reach 100% then you receive no damage at full charge.
When it is at full charge and you use it in the air it will only do one swing instead of 2.

FINAL CUTTER
General Information
There are also three parts to this move.
The first is the ascending part, then (of course) the falling part, and finally the weird shock wave thing.
The first part does 5% damage
The second part does 2% damage and has the soft spike property
The final part can do 5% damage (if you hit with the 2nd part first) or 6% damage (if no other part of the move hit)

Usage
obviously used for his recovery.
Final cutter spike- you want to throw/hit them far off stage face away from ledge and start final cutter while still facing away from the ledge and move backwards during start up frames of the first cut then aim to grab the ledge and if you connect you will get a soft spike
Another way is when you hit then off stage you can jump off too and time your final cutter to hit the same time as them grabbing the ledge

I will try to get a video for theses and edit them in

STONE
General Information
there are two hit boxes for this move Falling stone and Grounded stone
Grounded stone does 14% damage and little knockback
Falling stone does 18% damage and great knockback

Usage
Should be used mostly off stage as an edgegaurd option or in mid air as a mix up but it should never hit the ground because it has a ton of end lag for you opponent to take advantage of.
Tidbit
Stones will slide on most slanted platforms.
Inhale
General Information
After sucking someone up you have two options spit them out or take their power
spitting them out does 6%
taking their power does 10%

Usage
I think that inhale is one of the more useful specials
It is a great set up move for the Final Cutter Spike If you spit them out at the edge
Also if you knock someone off screen but not KO then you can float out and suck them up and spit them out immediately for a guaranteed KO if done right

(here is a video:b:):GCD:
(off screen)
(under stage)
sorry for poor quality

Also spiting them out at the edge can set up for this pretty well or other aerials
Finally you can also spit the under the stage if it is a floating stage

Tidbits
  • Any moves with spitting out your opponent i just stated can be done better by king dedede
  • bowser jr is funniest copy ability and duck hunt has funniest hat
  • copying villager and shulk's ability is probably the most useful to copy
I WOULD LOVE TO HERE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY SO SPEAK PEOPLE!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
They're still really bad, though. Hammer Flip won't be able to hit anybody who knows what they're doing. Kirby moves slower than Ganondorf, is easily punishable while moving and if whiffed, and can easily be baited to use it due to his restricted movement options. The only time this will ever be useful is against Marth and Lucina, which could just be switched with Giant Hammer. If you're going to use either Hammer Flip or Giant Hammer off-stage, if you whiff (and you usually will), then you're put into a horrible position and can possibly end up SDing.

Final Cutter is one of the worst recovery moves in the game. It has decent vertical recovery, horrible horizontal recovery, gives barely any protection, and isn't really a threat to be hit with. The projectile, while never truly useful, was completely destroyed in this game, as it goes half the distance. Also, the Final Cutter spike won't ever be landed against players outside For Glory or casual matches. Even then, if it IS landed, anybody can DI towards the stage to tech and survive.

Stone is more useful than the others, but isn't that great. While it can be used for edgeguarding, most of the time D-Air would work, and yield better rewards. Using it to get out of juggles is handy, but incredibly risky due to how predictable the move is. The only time I'd ever say it's actually needed is when you're trying to get to the ground fast to prevent opponents from setting up stuff.

Inhale was nerfed into the ground. The move has high start-up and endlag, can have the whirlwind shielded, and due to the removal of Grab Armor, allows people to rush in and hit him before they're sucked up. Kirbycide is unviable now, as opponents break out above Kirby, and can easily footstool him by jumping right after. Trying to Inhale somebody to shoot them off-stage is incredibly predictable, too. The only good thing about this move is that it's a command grab and gives Kirby access to his Copy Abilities.

Customs fix all of these problems, though.

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877
They're still really bad, though. Hammer Flip won't be able to hit anybody who knows what they're doing. Kirby moves slower than Ganondorf, is easily punishable while moving and if whiffed, and can easily be baited to use it due to his restricted movement options. The only time this will ever be useful is against Marth and Lucina, which could just be switched with Giant Hammer. If you're going to use either Hammer Flip or Giant Hammer off-stage, if you whiff (and you usually will), then you're put into a horrible position and can possibly end up SDing.

Final Cutter is one of the worst recovery moves in the game. It has decent vertical recovery, horrible horizontal recovery, gives barely any protection, and isn't really a threat to be hit with. The projectile, while never truly useful, was completely destroyed in this game, as it goes half the distance. Also, the Final Cutter spike won't ever be landed against players outside For Glory or casual matches. Even then, if it IS landed, anybody can DI towards the stage to tech and survive.

Stone is more useful than the others, but isn't that great. While it can be used for edgeguarding, most of the time D-Air would work, and yield better rewards. Using it to get out of juggles is handy, but incredibly risky due to how predictable the move is. The only time I'd ever say it's actually needed is when you're trying to get to the ground fast to prevent opponents from setting up stuff.

Inhale was nerfed into the ground. The move has high start-up and endlag, can have the whirlwind shielded, and due to the removal of Grab Armor, allows people to rush in and hit him before they're sucked up. Kirbycide is unviable now, as opponents break out above Kirby, and can easily footstool him by jumping right after. Trying to Inhale somebody to shoot them off-stage is incredibly predictable, too. The only good thing about this move is that it's a command grab and gives Kirby access to his Copy Abilities.

Customs fix all of these problems, though.
While some of the things you said were true there are some i disagree with
for one besides Kirby mains not too many people know about the final cutter spike and when you get it they wont really have much time to react and you can follow it up with a d-air. and also you shouldn't need to use it as recovery with his jumps.
Another is what you said with the hammer flip, you cant just run up and swing cause that (as you said) is very predictable. you have to play mind games with it. and if yo get them to hold shield for like a second and then hit them it breaks there shield and you can use hammer flip again. Also you just don't whiff the hammer while off stage and you'll be fine:bee:. also it is better to use a non full charge hammer flip to help avoid the whiff cause both have the same amount of lag
I do agree that inhale was nerfed cause that's a fact I don't believe its as bad as your making it out to be. I personally never used Kirbycide much cause it made me feel bad for the other guy but i still think it is a great move
Finally i feel like using stone is better than using d air because most people's recover would hit you out of the d air. But stone is stone and it will always be predictable.

Top Bottom