• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

king of the crazies ask people junk

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
So far pichu can't go as fast, on ground pichu is faster when SHing falco is faster. But i,m droping the match-up thing you can be right if you want. Heck How do you feel about his up-B thing were he can slide really fast, I doubt it will be really useful by it's self but add platforms, dding shFFLing maybe we could get something going. come on 6 frames of movement one frame of lag if that is lag farther than most wavedashs I don't know how much time it take to go I don't beileve in the frame data for it, but it comes you fast.

maybe d-tilt could work with it at high percents.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
ICG, how many topics do you need to make about improving Pichu's metagame? First of all, random experiments of Pichu's moves will NOT improve his metagame. Implementing them in a match at a tourney level WILL. Trying to convince people to play Pichu will have little effect. This game has been out for many, many years and Pichu has always been too hard to win with against a competent player. And people like to win.

However, I'm starting to turn into one of those douche bags who rags on people for trying, and I don't mean to. I respect you for trying to get Pichu to a good level, but you should take him to a tourney yourself, instead of trying to get other people to. Once you have a good vid of you whooping some minorly known Fox up on youtube, the masses will flock and some people MIGHT start trying with Pichu. Until then, nada.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't care if people don't want to play as pichu nor do I blame them at all, In fact I am surprized by the number of posters. I wouldn't think of you as a douche unless you have proved it time after time again. I can't make it to many tournments, I would love to. And what other topics can I bring up? I think trying to improve his metagame is way better than insulting pichu players by asking WTF why are you playing as pichu? like this threads main topic.

I,m sorry I,m not a person who will not break or give up, but I will listen. I figure I may just let things go by themself for a day or 2 maybe 3. yeah I will leave the pichu boards for 3 days unless something big happens or someone requests me. Just to see how things go. No i,m not mad or anything

Just said "HEY CRAZY"

wool

Smash Ace
Guys he isn't trying to convert the whole ssbm world to Pichu. He just wants to help bring out the character. Seriously we all know that Pichu isn't good. But we believe he can be better. Post stuff about trying to make him better. Don't think your amazing at this game because you say Pichu is bad. Even a two year old can say that.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Okay, I'll play. Fine, Pichu is fast. I agree to that. He's got decent speed. That doesn't put him anywhere near Falco. Yeah, you can catch up to Falco, then what? His bair and nair will completely outprioritize you, if not his dair. Hell, fsmash will probably shut down your approach most of the time, because you have no way of covering yourself. So then what?

wool

Smash Ace
Vs Falco as Pichu I try to do anything possible to get him off the edge, then try and not **** up my edgeguard, because when falco is off the edge pichu should never lose the chance to KO him. That's sort of my game plan vs Falco.

Surprisingly a lot of average Falcos don't even know how to SHL and hit a Pichu crouched. So if you ever play against an average Falco you can pretty much diminish their laser game this way.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If you're crouched, you're not moving, which means you're still pinned down, regardless of whether or not the lasers are hitting you.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
If you're crouched, you're not moving, which means you're still pinned down, regardless of whether or not the lasers are hitting you.
QFT

Also, any character can edgeguard Falco, so it really doesnt help the matchup ratio at all. Oh, and Pikachus like to shield while facing away from Falco and then start a juggle with uair oos. Why doesnt someone try it?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
A SG would have more payoff, and I believe a grab would have the frame advantage for grabbing that lil sucker compared to anything else OoS.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I think he means if you happen to have your back to them.

Also Pichu's uair has like NO stun.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
So you would intentionally turn around and shield?
Sounds tricky.
No. It's just if you happen to be facing the wrong way.

Unless of course the uair has more horizontal range (pichu range? lol) than your grab, which I wouldn't know.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Ooh, okay then in that case, u-air to grab is grab good, but if hes too hi % to get grabbed then nair -> tekchase seems like the better thing to do

wool

Smash Ace
I sort of got lost halfway through the question but...

uair out of shield for Pichu is not NEARLY as effective as Pikachu's. After a uair OoS for Pika you can easily combo into another uair, or dair or whatever. With Pichu's uair you can't hit them again unless they are at really low percentages and they must be a fastfaller i believe..

Anyway for a uair OoS with Pikachu you can be relatively far away from them (providing your tail is facing them) and the jump->uair will hit. With Pichu, you must position yourself literally on top of them. It doesn't have nearly the same range as Pika's.

I need to try this again though. I haven't tested it out lately.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yeah I was thinking of Falco at sayyy 40%ish could lead into a grab. Anything else, a nair OoS would be most beneficial.

Hmm, I don't normally have a problem unless their spacing bair on my shield or something. I might be wrong though.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
****, now I feel bad for posting. I myself love playing Pichu. I rarely win, but when I do, the effort and pure mental focus I had to exhibit to achieve victory makes me feel amazing. So instead of trolling like my previous post, I'm gonna try to give some thought to the Pichu boards. I would like to go into some of the moves talked about least by these boards: tilts. Does anybody here space with f-tilt? I use it against peach and few other characters, but usually prefer d-tilt, due to its ability to knock foes trying to sweetspot away from the edge, its superior range and its comboability afterwords. But against peach, big no-no. F-tilt has some good uses tho, such as quick clearing and quick spacing. U-tilt is a great juggle move imo, much like Fox/ Kirby's/ Jiggs up-tilt, thought lacking the range of these moves. All in all a good launcher and fast faller juggle. Discuss, if you will. Sorry again for my arrogance.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I forgive you, I have been insulted in many ways, even banned for trying people would repeat pichu sucks many times trying to crush my sprit, I have taken a lot of S*** for just trying to enjoy this game you may have been like them or whatever but I forgive you. I was thinking about making a thread like that but I was worried it worry be spamed the F*** out of. f-tilt is for edge-gaurd it's pretty good.

I will go make A thread about it and you can have the 2nd post for your own input for when we build it. I,m glad you wish to help and I,m glad you won't have to be treated badly for trying.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Um, lol? Space with the ftilt? Are you kidding me?

Against Falco, I feel like his spaced nairs would probably beat out your shieldgrab. Maybe shield, wait until he approaches, wavedash out of shield, then try to punish his lag by dashing in? Falco's a brickwall.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Depends on when he nairs, if he goes early you can tilt the shield up to delay his FF or just totally ruin the SHFFL and **** him for it, but as for later nairs, the shine will eat you alive.

And he might compensate for the WD OoS shield by overshooting his aerials if you do it more than a few times

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Um, lol? Space with the ftilt? Are you kidding me?

Against Falco, I feel like his spaced nairs would probably beat out your shieldgrab. Maybe shield, wait until he approaches, wavedash out of shield, then try to punish his lag by dashing in? Falco's a brickwall.
I dont see falcos nairing often, more dair and bair. Nevertheless, it is true Trying to SG falco is a bad idea anyway thanks to shine. Im pretty sure its possible to uair/nair him while he pillars you though.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Falco's nair is good. Not enough people use it, but Mango does (and somewhat Zhu as well). It's way better than dash attack cause dash attack gets you shielded like crazy cause it's so predictable and there's so much lag afterwards. Falco approaching with sh nair like a shl is actually really good, your opponent won't know if you're trying to shff into grab (to mindgame them), shffl approached dair or shl. usually, a sh nair can also lead into another sh nair, or a dash attack, or a jc upsmash, or sh dair, etc. and if they do shield it, just shine into shffls over and over again and pressure their shields. also, using nair in pressuring along with dair is good, it switches up the timing of things.

yeah, I realize this isn't a falco thread. =P just thought I'd point it out while we're on the topic.

also, spacing ftilt with falco when your opponent is at high percent has its uses. you just gotta know exactly when to use it, and you can't spam it. good as something to start off an edgeguard.

wool

Smash Ace
Thanks After Dawn for the Falco input :p

Trying to f-tilt with Pichu against Falco is suicidal. I'm pretty much sure everyone here agrees with that. I like to use d-tilts a lot.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
WD back punishes nairshinenarishinenairshine

I dont see falcos nairing often, more dair and bair. Nevertheless, it is true Trying to SG falco is a bad idea anyway thanks to shine. Im pretty sure its possible to uair/nair him while he pillars you though.
SGing Falco is faster than an aerial OoS, that's the reason why good Falcos skip the pillar and head straight for the shinegrab.

you wanna get him during his aerial and it really isnt that hard, unless he's delaying his aerials till the last second so that your shieldstun will prevent you from SGing before the shine

Top Bottom