• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Everyone is One of Us on this day.

Also, 450+ people viewing this thread, which is crazy.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I’m so happy right now, he’s been my most wanted for the past 11 years! I love that they referenced DK64!

ferioku

Smash Ace
Congrats guys, not only did you get your character it seems like his move set looks incredible =O.

Here's me hoping Isaac becomes a reality as well!

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
This is such a good day. I'm so happy my 2 most wanted (K Rool and Ridley) Got in the same game.
Very happy for the Kremling Krew.
His moveset is also spectacular. In case nobody has uploaded his character video yet

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations King K. Rool bros! As a Ridley supporter, I could not be happier that K. Rool made it in. Never say too big!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I can't congratulate you guys enough, especially BKupa666 BKupa666 who has done so incredibly much to reach this moment, that amount of passion for a character is rarely seen. This game is shaping up to be everything Smash 4 wasn't, I'm so incredibly happy us reptilian villain fans made it over the line together.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am sobbing uncontrollably right now and can barely type my hands are shaking so bad.

I'll have a much longer reaction later.

Short one is, K. Rool would be in a trash can with Wart and Tatanga if it weren't for every single one of you, and your ballot votes, and your persistence in the face of endless prattle about vocal minorities and relevance.

I happen to know there are users out there who were hoping for another K. Rool disconfirmation "so his Smashboards thread would explode again."

I don't think this is what they had in mind.

A preemptive thank-you to whoever moves this thread into K. Rool's new character forum(!).

We brought back K. Rool.
You lead a great charge man.
Id damn well say you were a great reason K Rool had such a known presence.
Thanks for being a great leader.

DingoPlatinum

Smash Rookie
Haven't been in this forum for 3 years since the Smash 4 hype train. Glad to see the wait is over and our glorious king has gotten his rightful place in the roster. Cheers mates! :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got that excited feeling back from the K Rool trailer. Oh man. Yesterday I thought we were doomed from that Verg thing.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, our long wait is over. King K. Rool has made it!

Honestly didn't expect this. That was a rollercoaster in terms of the roster. We all thought Simon and that was it. When they first showed items and ATs, I thought the extended wait on DK and Diddy was about to be a K. Rool AT.

Then it's over, except for a rumble. Then another rumble. Then, shots of a bunch of villains. DK and Diddy, and then...

King Dedede!

Hilarious but also stressful, waiting that extra few seconds, but then the real deal appeared and it was beautiful.

And he represents all his main games! Crown throw, Kaptain alt, Baron jetpack, and Boxer glove! That DK64 Final Smash was incredible. He looks like a solid Rare/Paon/new-design hybrid, it's great.

Well, now it's time to rest easy, no more worrying about the King's fate. It was an honor speculating with you all, and good luck to any other people hoping for their #1 character!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Congrats to all the die hard K. Rool fans! Very happy for you! You deserve it. Now I just hope my dream of Geno being in comes true.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSELF NOW!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I cannot believe Sakurai just confirmed 5 freaking characters, 2 being long-time OG's in K. Rool and Simon (but also Richter).

This game is freaking nuts lol.

Sakurai: "IF ANYONE WANTS IT THEY GET IT"

Capcom is only putting out 6 characters a year, and Sakurai here is casually putting out 5 in a single sweep, 2 highly wanted clones, 1 of the most hyped up 3rd party potential newcomers, arguably the most wanted Nintendo newcomer (after we got Ridley no less!), and a bonus clone on top of that!

This game is headed for 80 damn playable characters out of the box.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
CONGRATULATIONS! I know I never posted in here, but as someone who did vote for the King during the Smash Ballot, I couldn't be more ecstatic!!!

His moveset looks so awesome! It's so cool to see all those little classic DKC references! And his belly! So golden!

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
After 10 long years, he's finally taken his rightful spot on the roster. What an incredible moment. His trailer was absolutely beautiful, and it's clear that the Smash team finally understood a bit of our love for the classic DK series. Cheers Kutthroats, this is our day!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well guys, our long wait is over. King K. Rool has made it!

Honestly didn't expect this. That was a rollercoaster in terms of the roster. We all thought Simon and that was it. When they first showed items and ATs, I thought the extended wait on DK and Diddy was about to be a K. Rool AT.

Then it's over, except for a rumble. Then another rumble. Then, shots of a bunch of villains. DK and Diddy, and then...

King Dedede!

Hilarious but also stressful, waiting that extra few seconds, but then the real deal appeared and it was beautiful.

And he represents all his main games! Crown throw, Kaptain alt, Baron jetpack, and Boxer glove! That DK64 Final Smash was incredible. He looks like a solid Rare/Paon/new-design hybrid, it's great.

Well, now it's time to rest easy, no more worrying about the King's fate. It was an honor speculating with you all, and good luck to any other people hoping for their #1 character!
What would have been painful is if after Dedede appeared, it actually confirmed Dixie

D

Deleted member

This is going to be the greatest game of all time. I love you all.

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Congrats everyone!!!
I was smiling so much when I saw K Rool get revealed, just thinking about how happy it would be making people!!

From one Rare character supporter (Krystal) to another: Congrats and have fun maining K Rool in Ultimate!!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Congrats mates and I'm super happy for that one guy and his grandma. You got the Disney ending my friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom