• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

StormC

Smash Hero
The more I think about it, the more likely a two character reveal seems to me... it's happened before with the Final Presentation with Smash DLC. But as always, I'm keeping expectations in check.

I could see them opening with a softball like Bandana Dee or Ashley and closing out with something big. Either K. Rool or a third party.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
The more I think about it, the more likely a two character reveal seems to me... it's happened before with the Final Presentation with Smash DLC. But as always, I'm keeping expectations in check.

I could see them opening with a softball like Bandana Dee or Ashley and closing out with something big. Either K. Rool or a third party.
I'm thinking that the direct will open with a newcomer, an echo fighter drop in the middle, and then end with another newcomer. Or you know just one newcomer. Trying to keep expectations down on the character front. The only real thing I'm hopeful for is some solid single player modes.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm thinking that the direct will open with a newcomer, an echo fighter drop in the middle, and then end with another newcomer. Or you know just one newcomer. Trying to keep expectations down on the character front. The only real thing I'm hopeful for is some solid single player modes.
Yeah, I often felt if there was a Smash Direct for this game, it would have that exact structure; a newcomer sandwich if you will. But I figured it would be in Octoberish when there's a good amount of time into the marketing cycle... is it too soon for another megaton like that? I hope not!

I'll throw my guesses out now for future reveals:

August Smash Direct: 2 newcomers, 1 echo
September General Direct: 1 newcomer
November Smash Mini Direct: 1 newcomer, 1 echo
December General Direct: Any last minute info/data, pending updates, possible DLC tease

Possibly an October trailer that's uploaded to the site a la Robin/Lucina... but I think this will be how it goes, more or less.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I wish I was as confident as just about everyone on my Twitter feed about K. Rool showing up tomorrow.... you'd think an actual leak came out or something with 100% proof.. he's everywhere, it makes me really happy and super anxious.... I'm really hoping Sakurai and Nintendo are seeing all of this. Whether he's revealed or not tomorrow..the support is amazing.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I still believe that after tomorrow there will still be much more to show for the roster. I'm confident Rool's in the game now, if Ridley's anything to go by.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Aside from twitter blowing up about K.Rool and all the hype, do we have many reasons to actually believe K. Rool will be revealed tomorrow? Aside from the obvious "it's his time finally".

Untouch

Smash Master
Aside from twitter blowing up about K.Rool and all the hype, do we have many reasons to actually believe K. Rool will be revealed tomorrow? Aside from the obvious "it's his time finally".
There isn't anything pointing towards anyone at the moment, hype is just at an all time high.

D

Deleted member

Nope, nothing but belief. Optimism goes a long way my friend.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
When K. Rool returns, I think there's a zero percent chance they reference his absence. Doing so, especially in the same breath as saying he was popular enough to come back, would be tantamount to saying Nintendo and Retro messed up by putting him on hiatus in the first place, or underestimating his appeal. Which...one can make those cases, but it won't be anyone acting in an official capacity.

I'm cautiously optimistic going into tomorrow. There are no clear-cut reasons Rool would be shown tomorrow but there also aren't any reasons he wouldn't be if he's in the game.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Man I can't eat. I can't sleep. I spend every waking hour fretting about King K. Rool in Smash. I'll also have trouble sleeping tonight since it comes out at 10am EST for me.

Every night I think about Smash, every morning I refresh Smash discussions religiously. Biggest fear is K. Rool or Dixie being shown as Assist trophies....then the dream is dead. Goddamn do I hate Assist trophies, I'd rather be left in the dark then get stabbed in the heart like that.

And before anyone asks, I'm not being completely serious. I'm just nervous as hell.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hate to say it, but a Dixie AT would probably only be good news for us. Such a scenario strikes me as unlikely though.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that the 'we can't get two villians, one after another' thing is accurate, sounds stupid for me. There's no logic in previous reveal characters. I'm not waiting K. Rool for tomorrow, but is just because I'm with a third party reveal as the main event, I think that is time after E3.
Anyway, I'm high as muck with the hype, only for that little hole of hope in being wrong. K. Rool + Dixie is something so good for me and the very limited chance of being possible tomorrow is enough for burning my blood. I'll find the backlash later.

D

Deleted member

Not expecting King K. Rool tomorrow, think he will ether be confirmed or deconfirmed at some point. Just not tomorrow. We'll see who it is or isn't soon enough. Or maybe the roster we have now is the final one. We'll see. Don't know who loz is but, he's just another leaker like Liar Vergeben, Das Vergeben whatever, you want to call him. Till proven otherwise.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Not expecting King K. Rool tomorrow, think he will ether be confirmed or deconfirmed at some point. Just not tomorrow. We'll see who it is or isn't soon enough. Or maybe the roster we have now is the final one. We'll see. Don't know who loz is but, he's just another leaker like Liar Vergeben, Das Vergeben whatever, you want to call him. Till proven otherwise.
Like how he lied about the E3 Presentation beforehand with new characters Daisy, Ridley, and the title being Smash Bros Ultimate? Or how he lied about accurately calling all Season 1 DLC characters for Dragon Ball Fighterz? Oh wait

He's gotten leaks wrong before in other games, but he hasn't been wrong about Smash Ultimate leaks so far, why count him out?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I know this is extremely unlikely but what if Sakurai came out tomorrow and was like "I said a few months back not to expect many newcomers so here are the last remaining ____ amount of characters you can experience in Smash Ultimate on December 7th" then they show all the remaining newcomers in one montage and then end it with all the characters added to the mural. Just to end all the speculation and torture in one big swoop.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I know this is extremely unlikely but what if Sakurai came out tomorrow and was like "I said a few months back not to expect many newcomers so here are the last remaining ____ amount of characters you can experience in Smash Ultimate on December 7th" then they show all the remaining newcomers in one montage and then end it with all the characters added to the mural. Just to end all the speculation and torture in one big swoop.
That would be a massive bombshell. Interesting idea, but it would leave them with a lot of dead air between August and December.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like how he lied about the E3 Presentation beforehand with new characters Daisy, Ridley, and the title being Smash Bros Ultimate? Or how he lied about accurately calling all Season 1 DLC characters for Dragon Ball Fighterz? Oh wait

He's gotten leaks wrong before in other games, but he hasn't been wrong about Smash Ultimate leaks so far, why count him out?
Meh, nothing against the guy, but nothing's proven him right or, wrong, was he right so far yes. Could he be wrong, yes till then he's just another leaker who may or not know something. If he's right congrats if not well whatever we'll carry on. Till then he's just another leaker, look don't worry that's just what I think. Nothing against the guy but till Simon Belmont or Isabelle get comfirmed or something else. He's said I won't take what he says at face value.

Last edited by a moderator:

Machete

Smash Ace

Ehm, unless I am mistaken, Vergeben didn't call those things.

He said Simon Belmont, Ridley, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Snake would be in and that there would be no cuts. While one could arguably make the point that "no cuts" means "everyone is here", it'd mean pointing out Wolf, Ice Climbers and Snake being back would be redundant, and they were considerably safer/more expected picks than characters like Young Link/Pichu/Ivysaur. Not to mention, he said Simon Belmont would be in and while that might be true it's not confirmed, whereas he didn't mention Daisy at all. And I am fairly sure he didn't mention anything about the title.

The one thing that called all those was a 4chan anon a couple hours before E3.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

I don't remember him mentioning Daisy, just Snake, Ice Climbers and Ridley. And Simon had already been mentioned by another leaker a month before Vergeben.

As for the FighterZ leak, he was insanely wrong about that. It's a long story, but as someone who has been playing and following the game religiously since it was announced, the dude has been notoriously wrong, claiming things like Zarbon and Raditz, to editing his dlc list after Hit was leaked from arcade screenshots, claiming Goku Black was finished months before release and would be dlc despite him having a T pose during one of his Supers in his announcement trailer, and of course, claiming all season 1 dlc would be available by July, and that season 2 would begin shortly after. The only things he got right were Base Goku and Base Vegeta, and even that isn't too impressive, since they were playable characters in Extreme Butoden, and FighterZ roster is notably similar to that game's roster.

This isn't even including the laundry list of things he got wrong about Soul Calibur 6, SFV dlc and MvCi Uncanny Edition.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dru2 sorry man I wasn't trying to come as oh he's a liar let's not believe him. Your right as he might have info he might not.

My point still stands on him, till then don't worry about what I think, I'm an idiot anyway my option hardly matters.

Anyway till then let's just see how things unfold and if he's right will good on him, if not oh well.

Anyway till then let's see how things unfold. And we'll see how the direct goes.

Also nothing against Li... DasVergeben seems liked a decent guy. Is he right, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I don't remember him mentioning Daisy, just Snake, Ice Climbers and Ridley. And Simon had already been mentioned by another leaker a month before Vergeben.

As for the FighterZ leak, he was insanely wrong about that. It's a long story, but as someone who has been playing and following the game religiously since it was announced, the dude has been notoriously wrong, claiming things like Zarbon and Raditz, to editing his dlc list after Hit was leaked from arcade screenshots, claiming Goku Black was finished months before release and would be dlc despite him having a T pose during one of his Supers in his announcement trailer, and of course, claiming all season 1 dlc would be available by July, and that season 2 would begin shortly after. The only things he got right were Base Goku and Base Vegeta, and even that isn't too impressive, since they were playable characters in Extreme Butoden, and FighterZ roster is notably similar to that game's roster.

This isn't even including the laundry list of things he got wrong about Soul Calibur 6, SFV dlc and MvCi Uncanny Edition.
He called Bardock, Broly, Vegito, Zamasu, Base Goku, Base Vegeta, and Cooler and Android 17, 17's the only one who hasn't shown up yet but the rest of those are all confirmed. I've heard he called Zarbon and Raditz, but I thought he said that was for Season 2, though I may just be remembering wrong.

And yeah, we know he isn't perfect, he's definitely gotten some things way off. But again, he hasn't been wrong about anything smash related yet. He could totally be wrong about smash things too, I get that, but he's someone to keep an eye on as he was right about the E3.

Dru2 sorry man I wasn't trying to come as oh he's a liar let's not believe him. Your right as he might have info he might not.

My point still stands on him, till then don't worry about what I think, I'm an idiot anyway my option hardly matters.

Anyway till then let's just see how things unfold and if he's right will good on him, if not oh well.

Anyway till then let's see how things unfold. And we'll see how the direct goes.

Also nothing against Li... DasVergeben seems liked a decent guy. Is he right, we'll see.
Woah holy **** chill my dude lol

You're not an idiot or anything, sorry I just get enthusiastic sometimes. I was trying to say that Vergeben is just someone to keep an eye on, as he called several important things about the Smash Bros E3 presentation.

Sorry if I came off like a **** guys

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
He called Bardock, Broly, Vegito, Zamasu, Base Goku, Base Vegeta, and Cooler and Android 17, 17's the only one who hasn't shown up yet but the rest of those are all confirmed. I've heard he called Zarbon and Raditz, but I thought he said that was for Season 2, though I may just be remembering wrong.

And yeah, we know he isn't perfect, he's definitely gotten some things way off. But again, he hasn't been wrong about anything smash related yet. He could totally be wrong about smash things too, I get that, but he's someone to keep an eye on as he was right about the E3.

You're not an idiot or anything, sorry I just get enthusiastic sometimes. I was trying to say that Vergeben is just someone to keep an eye on, as he called several important things about the Smash Bros E3 presentation.

1. Calling Broly, Bardock and Vegito as dlc is a no brainer. That's like every leak saying Mario and Link will be in the new Smash Bros

2. He said those characters AFTER they were datamined. He never once mentioned Cooler, Vegito, Zamasu or 17, and the only time he mentioned Broly and Bardock beforehand was that he wasn't sure whether they'd be dlc or in the base game, just that they'd be coming. Aka, the safest bet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You have nothing to apologize for cause you were right to say what you did. I'm the one that came off looking like a doofus Look.. Let's forget it and move on he's ether right or not. I'm 50/50 but we'll see ether way. Till then no worries we will continue, to support the king, and any characters we want in. So al good it's fine we're past it, and let's see how things go from here.

D

Deleted member

Did Sakurai ever say he wanted Heihachi I think someone said, he did I could be wrong, wouldn't mind ether way. Well time to take off got a bunch of chores to do, and Octopath Traveler's calling. Eight characters I got too see. You al have a good night, I believe King K. Rool will be announced eventually even if not tomorrow soon.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Did Sakurai ever say he wanted Heihachi I think someone said, he did I could be wrong, wouldn't mind ether way.
In an interview, Sakurai mentioned that he considered Heihachi (as an alternative to Pac-Man? don't recall), but couldn't figure out how to implement his moveset.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
You know, now I'm hoping K. Rool is revealed tomorrow. Not just for the safety and satisfaction of having my most-wanted in the game.

But the salt of the tears of the K. Rool haters will taste delicious in my cherry Pepsi <3

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If K. Rool gets announced, and he somehow has all his attires from the DKC trilogy, which one will you be playing the most. Kaptain for me all the way.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but man I really hope Vergeben is full of it.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
1. Calling Broly, Bardock and Vegito as dlc is a no brainer. That's like every leak saying Mario and Link will be in the new Smash Bros

2. He said those characters AFTER they were datamined. He never once mentioned Cooler, Vegito, Zamasu or 17, and the only time he mentioned Broly and Bardock beforehand was that he wasn't sure whether they'd be dlc or in the base game, just that they'd be coming. Aka, the safest bet.
1. Broly being a no brainer, sure, he's super popular, but I find Bardock a little harder to believe considering he isn't as popular as Broly.

2. Wow, I guess I was way off. I swear I thought he revealed all the S1 DLC characters pretty early on. I'll need to look that up later, anyway sorry I guess, I'm not trying to pick a fight. Again, my point is just that Vergeben is someone to keep an eye on for Smash Ultimate leaks specifically as he's one of the very few text leakers that have been right so far. True, he hasn't predicted everything, but he hasn't been wrong so far for Smash.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
It's reassuring that Loz is calling his information BS. If Verg really had reliable info, why would he need to ask Loz for information on the Direct?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
True. Sheds a little bit of darkness on his "credibility". Nobody has been able to predict Sakurai. Verg just got lucky

Untouch

Smash Master
I said this before and I'll say it again.
Vergeben is only as reliable as his sources. He relies on leakers to provide him some info. Just because his leakers were real with DBZF and MvCI doesn't mean they are correct with Smash.

Loz so far has had better results but I don't think any of them know anything past the E3 info. I think people like to forget that Vergeben also suggested that there was going to be a castlevania collection at E3, that didn't happen.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
It's reassuring that Loz is calling his information BS. If Verg really had reliable info, why would he need to ask Loz for information on the Direct?
What worries me is that Loz does not have insider info on what characters are in the game.

Still, I seriously can't imagine us not getting K. Rool or Dixie. Diddy's tail moves were removed. Surely that wasn't for nothing. I'll be seriously upset if Donkey Kong is screwed over yet again.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Treat Verg as you would any other text leaker - with a huge grain of salt. Just because he made a few lucky guesses doesn't mean we should be taking his word as gospel. He's been acting incredibly shifty, particularly with his Pokemon "leak", so I wouldn't put any stock in what he says.

Top Bottom