• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
What about that one dude that spent hours upon hours on a Decidueye/Spring-Man leak?

This was revealed an hour after the Direct announcement. I doubt this dude just managed to get that info.
Good point!

And those videos look very close! But a thought, what about the other poses?

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Bingo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVXlOnIHXI&feature=youtu.be&t=3m28s

3:30 it matches gif number 1

It's from a slot machine
With some shifted lighting, and a crystal break animation, it would fit perfect. Holy ****, thank you.

Good point!

And those videos look very close! But a thought, what about the other poses?
Could be very easily lifted from the same thing, with the same model, just some **** not in that video.

Ok it's fully dead.

Attachments

cybersai

Smash Ace
Glad that's fake, but still my expectations for K. Rool are down. I guess I got too hyped, I think we'll be lucky enough to get Dixie as a DK rep, but I don't think we're getting him.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm losing faith.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Now that Lloyd business is dealt with... ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Gotta admit at least the Lloyd one took some effort. My gut feeling is that we are going to get an Ashley reveal because WarioWare just came out. Although Nintendo have been kinda strange on their reveals in the past. Remember the E3 where they revealed the Mii Fighters and Palutena in their direct but then revealed Pac-Man at an event behind closed doors. I think Pac-Man would be the more hype announcement to show off.

Also tin foil hat prediction, we will have a "Test Smash" like beta/demo in September but only if you are subscribed to the online service.

cybersai

Smash Ace
My feeling of new reps:

Inklings
Ridley
Daisy
Simon Belmont
Ashley
New Pokemon
Isabelle

Most of these are rumored or floating around heavily in some fashion. We haven't gotten one mention of K. Rool though besides the usual fake leaks.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My feeling of new reps:

Inklings
Ridley
Daisy
Simon Belmont
Ashley
New Pokemon
Isabelle

Most of these are rumored or floating around heavily in some fashion. We haven't gotten one mention of K. Rool though besides the usual fake leaks.
Sooooo.... just Vergeben + Ashley.... There’s been zero other leaks people have even taken seriously.... and those are all “relevant” characters which people tend to predict. So no reason to think that.

On another note:
I know we’re excited about his possibilities this Wednesday, but let’s not get too certain about a wait being over or anything like that.

If he does, well, I expect a Kroc celebration thread of some form.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If this leak was real that would mean, Isabelle, Lloyd, and Haihachi all characters who received Mii costumes during the ballot will have been made playable. Except K. Rool... which is a big enough slap in the face to actually make me believe its true...
Even though the rumor is confirmed fake now. This post gave me a HUGE laugh because honestly I could literally see that happening. I could see freaking Black Knight getting in before K.Rool just because of how much Sakurai/Nintendo has spat in my face since Melee regarding DK content in Smash and just how they treat the franchise in general. I'm still going into the Wednesday direct hyped and while I know not to expect K.Rool (or Dixie) a part of me still feels it could be "time" but we'll see..

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Glad that's fake, but still my expectations for K. Rool are down. I guess I got too hyped, I think we'll be lucky enough to get Dixie as a DK rep, but I don't think we're getting him.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm losing faith.
Dude, relax. Nothing has changed. All these leaks are fake. None of them have any grounds to stand on. We'll only know for sure when we see the full roster.

Edit: People are getting antsy. Relax, guys. I don't see why you would get this pessimistic, especially with Ultimate. Ridley had way more against him, with Sakurai outright claiming he couldn't work back in Smash 4. Lo and behold, he's in. K. Rool has the popularity, with none of those barriers. And lol at Sakurai picking Black Knight over K. Rool. Look, Sakurai is hard to predict, but I HIGHLY doubt he does anything to spite us.

Last edited:

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
I love how these fake leaks get debunked really fast. That's the power of Smash fanbase!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah. Calm down friend.

And, actually, we have heard potential Rumblings for K. Rool, indirectly. The loz person from gamefaqs, who also predicted the early Aug direct, mentioned a potential heroes vs villains theme. Has anyone followed up on this? I think this person is real given what he knew about the E3 direct.

Anyway, this Lloyd troll should re-emphasize how little we actually know of the roster and though it's appealing to want to push back the curtain to see the characters planned, let's not jump to conclusions. DasVerbegen's characters aren't confirmed yet either. They're something to consider but they aren't in stone. And I don't know what people are referring to when it comes to Ashley besides the close release of Warioware gold. That's a theory though, not a credible rumor or anything. Ashley could be revealed this Wednesday or in September or some other day. Or not at all. Same with K. Rool.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Also if this Vega chap is to be believed, this strongly points to Banjo with Nintendo working with Microsoft

StormC

Smash Hero
Come to think of it, the fact that Diddy hasn't been posted on the site yet makes a K. Rool/Dixie reveal seems unlikely this week.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I might be a bit lost here, but what would Diddy's blog post have anything to do with whether or not we get a K. Rool and/or Dixie reveal? Is it because Diddy is the only western character in Smash?

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I might be a bit lost here, but what would Diddy's blog post have anything to do with whether or not we get a K. Rool and/or Dixie reveal? Is it because Diddy is the only western character in Smash?
It might follow that if we are to get another Donkey Kong character, we might need to see all the other ones talked about first. He's already on the site though, and Sakurai does seem to like surprising us.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I still feel the new character might just be Ashley. Wario Ware Gold came out 3 days before.

Depends if Sakurai wants to hype up a character with a release, assuming Ashley is even a newcomer.

StormC

Smash Hero
Personally I think he would have made a point to put Diddy on the blog before announcing another DK character.

I could totally, 100% be wrong, of course.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Maybe I ought to stay far from you guys until the Direct happens. You are good at digging all the leaks. And the moment when is most possible that the true ones surge, is when its so close to the day for a Direct.
Whatever we see, I'd rather see it myself in the Smash Direct. Instead of a picture leak one day before the event.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Maybe I ought to stay far from you guys until the Direct happens. You are good at digging all the leaks. And the moment when is most possible that the true ones surge, is when its so close to the day for a Direct.
Whatever we see, I'd rather see it myself in the Smash Direct. Instead of a picture leak one day before the event.
Nah, I totally understand not wanting to be spoiled. Take a break from the thread if you have to.

Grolem11

Smash Rookie
Do any of you guys know where the direct will be streamed? if so, can you link it?

First2Bomb

Smash Apprentice
I quickly browsed over through the forum and I didn’t see it posted, but did anyone else see Sakurai’s tweet about having his eyes appear “a little red” during the upcoming Direct? Is he possibly hinting at K. Rool because we all know he has a red eye?!

BTW, long time lurker & K. Rool supporter. I truly hope he’s confirmed during this direct!

Attachments

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think a super popular character as K.Rool would be revealed so very closely after Ridley to be frank. If anything, they'll go for the token "surpise" newcomer this time.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
My feeling of new reps:

Inklings
Ridley
Daisy
Simon Belmont
Ashley
New Pokemon
Isabelle

I don't see them not adding a new DK character. It was the biggest complaint about Smash 4's roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't see them not adding a new DK character. It was the biggest complaint about Smash 4's roster.
Dixie Kong seems like a given. She's got the merrits to be in, and would be relatively easy to implement. Can't go wrong with her really.

What time is the Direct gonna be shown anyway? Got a reggae concert that night, and am not missing out on that.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I quickly browsed over through the forum and I didn’t see it posted, but did anyone else see Sakurai’s tweet about having his eyes appear “a little red” during the upcoming Direct? Is he possibly hinting at K. Rool because we all know he has a red eye?!

BTW, long time lurker & K. Rool supporter. I truly hope he’s confirmed during this direct!
Not sure it hints toward K.Rool as much as Ashley. Both of her eyes are red.

Top Bottom