• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Lol. I'd rather have the original play than the brawl remix. I think the brawl remix loses a lot of the punch from the original.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Lol. I'd rather have the original play than the brawl remix. I think the brawl remix loses a lot of the punch from the original.
Yeah, I prefer the original as well, something like one of these would be awesome though. Afterall, many of the past stage themes have new rock remixes.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I like the Brawl remix but I agree the original is better. I can't imagine any song but the Brawl remix playing though. Just makes way too much sense.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Ridley's getting a new rock remix of his theme to accompany his playable self. I see no reason K. Rool should be any different...though with him, it's a question of whether you remix Gangplank Galleon or opt for a new remix of another one of his boss themes, like Crocodile Cacophony.

. . .

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Ridley's getting a new rock remix of his theme to accompany his playable self. I see no reason K. Rool should be any different...though with him, it's a question of whether you remix Gangplank Galleon or opt for a new remix of another one of his boss themes, like Crocodile Cacophony.

. . .

I think it depends; if he gets a reveal trailer and it takes place on a ship, use a new gangplank theme, but if it's somewhere else/on the Flying Kroc (honestly this would be the most amazing. It's by far the mose "Rare" of the locations.) do Crocodile Cacophony. Could always have both anyway though even if they both aren't featured.

Did Ridley use multiple songs in his debut trailer? Shulk had one for CG, one for gameplay.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think it depends; if he gets a reveal trailer and it takes place on a ship, use a new gangplank theme, but if it's somewhere else/on the Flying Kroc (honestly this would be the most amazing. It's by far the mose "Rare" of the locations.) do Crocodile Cacophony. Could always have both anyway though even if they both aren't featured.

Did Ridley use multiple songs in his debut trailer? Shulk had one for CG, one for gameplay.
No, it was just his Brawl theme for the whole trailer.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Source?!?!
Oops my bad. They said they would like to work with Mario in the future. Not necessarily a warriors style game. I just mis-remembered the quote. Sorry about that. I'd still take and play my idea though. lol Nintendo allowed them to work on Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon. Don't see why my idea couldn't exist. lol

Klimax

Smash Ace
If they want a more cartoonish K Rool (like Paon K Rool), they should definitely use his theme from DKC.
But if they want to show a more menacing version of the King (Rare K Rool), Crocodile Cacophony seems to fit more.

And since it's likely that they will go with the Rare design, i think that Crocodile Cacophony would be better. But a rock remix for his first theme would also be great, the only problem is that the intro is a bit long for a short trailer.

Anyway, I really love the two themes and as long I have K Rool (Rare or Paon), i don't really care haha

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I'd honestly like a remix of the final boss fight music from DK64. Grant Kirkhope's brilliant music hasn't gotten much love beyond the DK Rap in Melee. I'm just not sure if I'd want an orchestral of rock version of it...
(these were the most decent examples I could find on YouTube...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm for Crocodile Cocophany. DKC2 had the absolute best music

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd honestly like a remix of the final boss fight music from DK64. Grant Kirkhope's brilliant music hasn't gotten much love beyond the DK Rap in Melee. I'm just not sure if I'd want an orchestral of rock version of it...
(these were the most decent examples I could find on YouTube...)
Those would be great too.

If they want a more cartoonish K Rool (like Paon K Rool), they should definitely use his theme from DKC.
But if they want to show a more menacing version of the King (Rare K Rool), Crocodile Cacophony seems to fit more.

And since it's likely that they will go with the Rare design, i think that Crocodile Cacophony would be better. But a rock remix for his first theme would also be great, the only problem is that the intro is a bit long for a short trailer.

Anyway, I really love the two themes and as long I have K Rool (Rare or Paon), i don't really care haha
They could just cut part of it out for the trailer then play out the whole theme on his stage. Or have the intro lead up to his appearance by first showing the other characters fight or something.

StormC

Smash Hero
I can only hope for Crocodile Cacophony if K. Rool gets in. It's very underrated in comparison.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Or have the intro lead up to his appearance by first showing the other characters fight or something.
I prefer them to do something like they did with Ridley. We know that this him (the environment + Samus in the front), but they still keep the suspense alive until his appearance, then the music starts. That would be much more satisfying in my opinion.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
DKC music is pretty underutilized so I'd go for a new song over one that's already in Smash somehow. I can't remember any tracks from DKC2, 3 or 64 (besides the DK rap) that were in Smash with new arrangements.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Really Nice overview Diddy Kong

Also, I hope the franchise continues. Retro seems to be onto new things now, but I am skeptical about what Rare employees will do to the franchise, that I believe was sort of perfected by Retro at this point.

Yeah, DK’s history is a mess of legal trouble? Nintendo clearly owns the rights to every character, yet only uses a select few after Rare left. The portable titles make it even harder to understand as Rare was allowed by Microsoft to work on titles, so of course they would use their old characters.

While Donkey Kong is going strong now, I feel King K’s issue is more about if Nintendo feels they should take the series in that direction or not. Donkey Kong has gone through a long span of time without Krool, and has become a different DK because of it. Many elements of his adventures have changed since, and while Nintendo is slowly restoring Rare’s material, manly by including more Kongs and creating a few nods. The issue is probably more complicated than anyone is making it out to be, including me, but I do feel that Retro and Nintendo want to take DK in a new direction going forward, so Krool will probably need to be in DK once again and adapt to the changes. (It won’t be that hard for him to adapt really.)

I’m going to leave with this if Nintendo feels the Country franchise should return to the Krool era, then I feel he has a good shot of making it in, but if they want to continue down the new Retro path or take an entirely new direction, like Jungle Beat, then I feel it’s only right to give the position to a character like Dixie who has already become a part of ‘Nintendo’s’ DK. As we’ve seen with Smash, Donkey Kong is very heavily based on Nintendo’s direction with the Jungle Beat final smash and the grab being from the original DK and Retro’s titles, so it makes me believe that Donkey Kong is still continuing down a Post-Rare era path, so having Krool would seem weird if he’s not a part of the new direction.

Well, this has been fun, but I’ll leave now. I’m a little tired of being called a troll every time I comment, since this is a discussion board about his chances, so yes, some will be skeptical and are not doing this to troll. While I doubt his chances, good luck, and all the more power to you for supporting him. I know I’ve wanted characters that would be considered huge lost causes, so I’m glad that Krool is more the opposite with a steady fan base to keep him a float, and while I will argue his chances, I do hope this community gets rewarded some day for their efforts. See you guys.
Look, the problem is, We already KNOW it's a long shot. That's the entire point. You came across earlier as being a concern troll to some, and with the way we've been treated lately, can you blame us?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I prefer them to do something like they did with Ridley. We know that this him (the environment + Samus in the front), but they still keep the suspense alive until his appearance, then the music starts. That would be much more satisfying in my opinion.
That works too.

StormC

Smash Hero
DKC music is pretty underutilized so I'd go for a new song over one that's already in Smash somehow. I can't remember any tracks from DKC2, 3 or 64 (besides the DK rap) that were in Smash with new arrangements.
Bramble Blast was in Brawl.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
The Donkey Kong Trailer its starts of with Dixie Kong background music playing DKTF and after cant be the crocodile we been requesting sense Melee K Rool show off Background Music Gangplank Galleon K Rool steals The Battle.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not a single one?

Edit: I guess someone did post the title.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
While we're posting music, here's my favorite cover of Hot Head Bop!

Seriously, GO LISTEN TO THIS GUY. He's as close to real instrument renditions of VG music as it gets!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Remember that post by Kremling Kampaigner where lots of people lost their mind over Bowser Jr. being a baby bowser stand in?
Just something cool, but someone posted it on Instagram and it got nearly 4K likes.

There's lots and lots of support for K. Rool, many more than we may expect. Lots of lurkers even in this thread that have never joined.
http://instagr.am/p/BkdTwTSFqZb/
Ignore the "**** Waluigi" part. Lol.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if they might use this for a final smash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxhssjmzBM
I slightly prefer Kredits for a final smash, but K. Rool has a great deal of potential for a cinematic one as well. Imagine a sequence of attacks where he brings forth the Gangplank Galleon to bombard the enemy with kannonballs, the Flying Krock to offload on-board clutter onto the target from above, the Knautilus to fire an array of fireballs, or missiles (the ones that KAOS shoots), and lastly the Blast-o-Matic laser to finish it all off.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
With Ridley in now we need K. Rool to fill out the roster of classic nintendo villians.

count me in as a supporter! I have faith that he will get his time to shine!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
This might be an underrated opinion, but I actually like the Brawl remix for K. Rool. Of course, it's not as good as the original. However, I do not like the Brawl remix for Stickerbrush Symphony at all. I think the remix loses all of what makes the original great. I can't really put it into words though.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This might be an underrated opinion, but I actually like the Brawl remix for K. Rool. Of course, it's not as good as the original. However, I do not like the Brawl remix for Stickerbrush Symphony at all. I think the remix loses all of what makes the original great. I can't really put it into words though.
I know what you mean. Brawl's remix (and the Tropical Freeze remix) are both much more uptempo and lose the pacing and atmosphere that make the original track quite so good.

The Brawl remix for K Rool / Ship Deck 2 is fantastic too. If nothing else, I hope it returns in one of the stages in the new game so I can have that playing during any Battlefield / Omega form matches.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I know what you mean. Brawl's remix (and the Tropical Freeze remix) are both much more uptempo and lose the pacing and atmosphere that make the original track quite so good.

The Brawl remix for K Rool / Ship Deck 2 is fantastic too. If nothing else, I hope it returns in one of the stages in the new game so I can have that playing during any Battlefield / Omega form matches.
This is the BEST version:

Also:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This is slightly off-topic, but wasn't Megaman one of the highest requested characters for Smash 4 (source)? Who was the next most popular under him? If so Ridley would be like the Megaman of this game. K. Rool would be the character literally right under him. Just curious if this information from the past is readily available to make a "hypothetical relation" between now and then.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This is slightly off-topic, but wasn't Megaman one of the highest requested characters for Smash 4 (source)? Who was the next most popular under him? If so Ridley would be like the Megaman of this game. K. Rool would be the character literally right under him. Just curious if this information from the past is readily available to make a "hypothetical relation" between now and then.

K. Rool is the "Megaman" of this game, Ridley isn't that a big of a deal in the East. He has fans but not nearly as much as K. Rool. IT made sense for Ridley to be revealed at E3 being its a western game conference. I even heard that Japanese fans are referring to Ridley as "Captain America" because he was mainly wanted by western fans...

King K. Rool is by far the most requested 1st party newcomer and has been for a while now. There's an equal amount of requests from the US and Japan.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
K. Rool is the "Megaman" of this game, Ridley isn't that a big of a deal in the East. He has fans but not nearly as much as K. Rool. IT made sense for Ridley to be revealed at E3 being its a western game conference. I even heard that Japanese fans are referring to Ridley as "Captain America" because he was mainly wanted by western fans...

King K. Rool is by far the most requested 1st party newcomer and has been for a while now. There's an equal amount of requests from the US and Japan.
Not only that, but afaik there were a number of Japanese fans tweeting "Where's K. Rool?" during the Ridley reveal.

StormC

Smash Hero
The way I remember it being, back for 4, worldwide the breakdown was Mega Man, Mewtwo, and K. Rool. Then it splinters off; the west wanted characters like Ridley and Little Mac, while Japan leaned towards Shulk and Roy.

I can see a scenario for SSBU where K. Rool is picked as the worldwide favorite, Ridley for the west, and someone for Japan (Bandana Dee, perhaps).

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I may be thinking ahead BUT if King K. Rool for some reason doesn’t make it to the main roster then I have high hopes for DLC. Why? Well that’s because if there is DLC for Smash Ultimate then every downloadable character will be a new character and not returning. Also Bayo just barely beat him in the polls last time.

Top Bottom