• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
There's no way Nintendo would squander all that fan data, plus the 2015 date is pretty telling... the fact that Dec. 2015 was their end date for the project plan makes it glaringly obvious that ballot data was used, they probably looked over the votes all summer had an idea of the top requested characters and laid out idea's on the table through out Sept Oct and Nov on character options and direction of the game

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, Crash would get in due to his name power, not his resurgence. 3rd parties have nothing to do with relevance so it doesn't affect him all that much, it's just now people will stop overrating him.
While Crash certainly was a big name for the industry at one point, basically until his revival last year his name had been dragged through the mud and his franchise was dead until E3 2016 when they announced the proper remaster of his first three games was coming to PS4. He's always had some degree of name recognition, and people were certainly clamoring for a return to form, but I also think the nostalgia wave with those remasters is responsible for his resurgence into a a gaming icon once again. Because lord knows he had it rough for years leading up to that announcement and release. I just don't think his timeline matches very well to be considered for the planning of this game.

That said, he's completely fair game for DLC if Nintendo and Activision play ball on the issue and he's sure as hell a better third party pick than a lot of what I've seen.

Also, this recent news puts my hype for King K. Rool entirely too high once again. It's not the Ultimate Smash til he's in, and by god, the stars seem to be aligning for him and a few others that more or less are at their do or die moments for Smash as a series. Let's hold on Kutthroats, I think it might just be our time...

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I think it is believable to see both of them confirmed in this game and hopefully they do. I mean other Smash installments have had multiple characters introduced from the same series:

Smash 4
Kid Icarus: Palutena and Dark Pit
Fire Emblem: Robin, Lucina and Corrin
Mario: Rosalina and Bowser Jr.

Brawl
Kirby: Metaknight and Dedede
Pokémon: Trainer and Lucario
Heh, that's very true. I guess the "not too many newcomers" line had me a bit pessimistic. But like other people have pointed out, it does seem unlikely for Sakurai to not include a character just because there's another worthy character from the same series. Here's hoping that's the case!

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I think it is believable to see both of them confirmed in this game and hopefully they do. I mean other Smash installments have had multiple characters introduced from the same series:

Smash 4
Kid Icarus: Palutena and Dark Pit
Fire Emblem: Robin, Lucina and Corrin
Mario: Rosalina and Bowser Jr.

Brawl
Kirby: Metaknight and Dedede
Pokémon: Trainer and Lucario
Yeah, literally every Smash game has introduced at least 2 characters in at least one series. I'll list more:

Melee
Mario: Peach, Bowser & Dr. Mario
Legend of Zelda: Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf & Young Link
Pokémon: Mewtwo & Pichu
Fire Emblem: Marth & Roy

Mario: Mario & Luigi
Pokémon: Pikachu & Jigglypuff

It is certainly possible for another series to get at least 2 reps in Ultimate. K. Rool & Dixie are my 2 most wanted newcomers at this point. I hope Sakurai shows DK more love this time around.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I've also been reading comments on the column that was released today and yeah characters like Rex and Pyra could be on the verge of deconfirmation for the base game as many people claim that they were created in late 2016, not sure how true that is, but there's always DLC.

ARMS is also unlikely because various people claim that the developers said themselves that it is still too early to for the franchise to be in Smash and other people claim that the developers said that the franchise is too kid friendly to be in Smash. I don't know what is true, but I definitely see ARMS for DLC.

On other hand, Ashley seems to have really high chances due to her popularity in 2015 and Sakurai even mentioned that she was a rising star. K. Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Shovel Knight, Dixie and Banjo Kazooie seem as the most logical choices due to their performances in the Internet ballots.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Damn...all those talks with Sakurai....
and never once does he mention...

View attachment 149330
Why shoul he?
He had never faced an issue, except being less relevant in house game.
Also, the rights like Geno is not an issue.
He is not too big, or have any sort of limitation issues with the 3DS.

There were kind of no reason for Sakurai to mention him.
The only thing I could see conveniant is if he was refering to some in the Ballot, which he never said a word of anything. I think the only compliment we got and comment from the Ballot from Sakurai was the Mii costume, and I'd say a gift says more than a thousand words, so I would not be concerned.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Who were the top ones on the Ballot?
Well the results were never made public.
But some people made samples based on internet polls and supports, but that just gives a vague idea, it might not be as accurate as we'd like to be.

In Japan the cut veterant were really leading, and that got confirmed by Sakuraï in an interview.
So that's not a surprise we got Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo in DLC and all the everyone back in Smash Ultimate.
I think Sakurai understood players did not like cut, and that is the first sign for the fan favortie roster this time.

As for newcomers, K.Rool had the lead in Japan, followed by Krystal, Ridley, Dixie, Paper Mario, Chibi Robot, Daisy, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Geno.
But that might just be an estimation.

You can find it here:

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/944652-super-smash-brothers

Those are from Japan, I'd like to see more from US or EU, but i know K.Rool is always up there too.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's been a while but I'm still rooting and supporting for King K. Rool's inclusion. Now that Wolf is back, I can now throw 100% of all my support towards the King.

Even though I'm satisfied with just having Wolf back, having K. Rool would truly make this the ultimate smash bros. game and I would have literally every character I could ever ask for. Plus it would really say a lot of how powerful a fanbase can be (Ridley is already proof of that but having 2 sources of proof would be even better)

This is round 2 of support/speculation for me so I'm sort of a veteran at this point and I'm more of a lurker than anything here but I sure do love being here and seeing everyone's thoughts and opinions and most importantly, the amazing love and passion for K. Rool.

I feel like his chances are the greatest he's ever had and I'm more confident than ever that he'll make it in.

Our finest hour may just be around the korner kutthroats, it's only a matter of time till we find out so here's hoping the light shines down on us and make K. Rool's krown (and golden belly) glow.

Until then, Be Prepared

The "final" character is revealed, The video ends with "That's All" or "The End" but then a ? appears, the . turns into a bloodshot eye and a canon ball (or anything really) breaks the screen. "King K. Rool Krush(a)es the Kompetition" appears, revealing the true final character. Cue gameplay footage and then the video truly ends and we finally get our finest hour.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Well the results were never made public.
But some people made samples based on internet polls and supports, but that just gives a vague idea, it might not be as accurate as we'd like to be.

In Japan the cut veterant were really leading, and that got confirmed by Sakuraï in an interview.
So that's not a surprise we got Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo in DLC and all the everyone back in Smash Ultimate.
I think Sakurai understood players did not like cut, and that is the first sign for the fan favortie roster this time.

As for newcomers, K.Rool had the lead in Japan, followed by Krystal, Ridley, Dixie, Paper Mario, Chibi Robot, Daisy, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Geno.
But that might just be an estimation.

You can find it here:

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/944652-super-smash-brothers

Those are from Japan, I'd like to see more from US or EU, but i know K.Rool is always up there too.
I'd say K. Rool's chances are pretty decent overall but yeah, sources like these aren't necessarily wrong, but doesn't this only account for a fraction of fans? K. Rool very well could be the most wanted right now, but is there any way to actually find that out for sure?

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I’ve dreamt up a trailer idea for K. Rool:

The Smash logo cuts across the screen to reveal a stormy sky. The sounds of an ocean shore and distant thunder are all you can hear for a moment, before the distant drone of helicopter blades echoes.

Cut away to the cockpit of the Flying Kroc. Various kremling servants scramble about, pulling levers, flipping switches. The droning of the helicopter is impossibly loud; the kremlings appear fretful, looking over their shoulders and swallowing hard with every move they make.

Cut back to the stormy sky; the Flying Kroc bursts through a stormcloud with a terrific clap of thunder accompanied by soaring orchestration. You see several panning shots showing the helicopter off. You can vaguely see something is dangling from a rope beneath the Kroc as it flies away from the camera, toward a shoreline.

Cut to the cockpit a final time; the Kremlings knock each other on the head to make sure they’re all paying attention, and they salute.

Zoom shot of a clawed reptilian thumb and finger tugging on a pirate hat, pulling it off of something, emptying the frame. A moment later, the empty frame is filled with a golden crown, the same clawed hand setting it atop where the pirate hat had been.

Cutting to the sky a final time, we quickly see the Kroc is descending to Gangplank Galleon, and DK himself is bound up in rope, dangling from the ship. The Kroc hovers above the pirate ship.

With two jarring thuds, a caped, corpulent figure lands on deck, his back turned. He hefts his mighty body toward a pile of Kremlings that have formed together to make a throne for him with their bodies.

The figure seats himself heavily on his throne; you see a clawed foot kick up as he relaxes. Cut away to an intimidating, comically large blunderbuss being set in the croc’s claws. Cut to a bloodshot bulging eye glinting - the blunderbuss clicks as its trigger is weighted. Cut to a knifelike grin on the croc’s face - and suddenly BOOM. He fires the blunderbuss, and we see, with a full frame shot of King K. Rool lounging on his throne, gun mid-blast, “King K. Rool karves a path!”

You quickly see K. Rool was firing his blunderbuss at DK’s restrained and dangling body. Before the cannonball can connect with him, however, a cel-shaded arrow slices through DK’s rope, and he falls free. K. Rool knocks his reptile throne over in disbelief as he pushes himself to his feet in a rage. Looking out to the sea, we see a ship on the horizon, with Toon Link standing on the mast, another arrow knocked. Pit lands beside Toon Link and knocks an arrow. Zooming out, you see Diddy flying into the air with his rocket barrels, grinning mischievously to DK; Diddy releases one of the barrels from his jetpack, and it flies directly at K. Rool as Diddy sort of coasts to the pirate ship with his remaining barrel.

The loosed barrel twists in slow motion, and you see Dixie’s logo on its side. It explodes; Dixie Kong flies out of the explosion with “Dixie Kong rocks to the top!” displayed, and she helicopters to the deck of the ship. Diddy lands beside her, and DK steps up to join them. Toon Link and Pit crash in to the Galleon with their ship, and battle is joined, and of course we see a K. Rool/Dixie combat montage.

... I have too much time on my hands when I’m not working on my d&d campaign. >_>

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'd say K. Rool's chances are pretty decent overall but yeah, sources like these aren't necessarily wrong, but doesn't this only account for a fraction of fans? K. Rool very well could be the most wanted right now, but is there any way to actually find that out for sure?
No, there isn't a 100% sure way to know. But there isn't a 100% sure way to know a lot of things, including how many people live on planet earth, literacy rates, or the effects of different governmental policies. But there are ways to investigate these things, however flawed, and come to a conclusion about all of those things. The flaws of those methods matter but they shouldn't paralyze us. It doesn't make sense to give up on investigating these issues.

And our way to investigate the top ballot characters at least among English speakers is the use of community polls. Looking at the results of not just one but many polls over time and looking at those polls in particular with the biggest responses. King K. Rool, particularly during the ballot period but even today, performs well in those polls, topping many or at least within the top 3 or 5.

Finally, there are the Mii costumes. And King K. Rool's mii costume, his first acknowledgement in nearly 10 years, is one of the most suspicious of all. Not only is it wild that he was chosen for a costume at all, at the height of his irrelevance, but it is even more startling when you realize that he beat out every other relevant character in his franchise. Dixie, Cranky, and Funky did not get any Smash 4 DLC acknowledgment at all. There could be other explanations for K. Rool's mii cosutme but I find those hard to believe given these facts all taken together. I think it is clear it was a response to his popularity.

Most characters can't corroborate their popularity with Smash 4 DLC the way K. Rool can. So there may actually be other characters that were indeed popular in the ballot but did not receive acknowledgment by Sakurai for some reason or the other. However, I would expect that the most popular did receive an acknowledgment. I think K. Rool was one of those characters.

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I forgot that I never threw out a trailer idea.

Here's my humble attempt:
We open on a jungle, in an open field area, Bowser is terrorizing Mario, Pikachu, and Yoshi. Bowser seems to have the upper hand, but DK and Diddy come swinging out of the forest ready to help, but something else is coming right behind them. It lands beside them....
it's Dixie Kong! Cut to some gameplay footage showing she's a semi-clone of Diddy using some of his moves like sideB and downB but also has her own hair moves and such. After this, we cut back to Bowser, who's looking more worn out and beat up, with the heroes having the upper hand. From a side view of Bowser, suddenly, a finger taps him on the shoulder. He looks back, a blunderbuss rears into view and shoots a cannonball, knocking Pikachu away. Cut back to a smoking blunderbuss, zoom out to see....

"King K. Rool Krushes the Kompetition!" He lunges at the heroes and it cuts to the gnarliest, most ridiculous gameplay footage you've ever seen. K. Rool is 4x the size of Ridley, his jab alone does 70% damage, his neutralB plays fake credits where every character onscreen has to stop what they're doing and watch as it takes 45 seconds (this move has absolutely cooldown and can be spammed as many times as you want), his downB brings Grant Kirkhope onto the stage to compose more music for us for 20 minutes, he cannot double jump or it will immediately KO him due to being so big, and his Final Smash just cuts to the victory screen with K. Rool as the winner, regardless of circumstances. Cut back to everyone defeated, K. Rool looks at the screen and says in his voice from that Donkey Kong Country cartoon, "BRING ME THE CRYSTAL COCONUT, YOU LUNKHEADS!"

Suicide rates worldwide drop to 0%, Sakurai is awarded a Nobel Peace Prize, all Smash players set aside their differences and play K. Rool only Round Robin tournaments for the eternity, and Waluigi is still an assist trophy.

Obviously it's all wishful thinking, but I think this would be the most realistic outcome if K. Rool is included.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Ugh, trying to explain to these filthy casuals why K. Rool needs to be in is giving me a brain hemorrhage.....

"But he's so Off-brand!" X.x

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Another point to consider in our favor here is looking at the Japanese fan polls veterans like Wolf, Snake, Roy etc. Where right up there with K. Rool, and what is the first thing we have confirmed for Smash Ultimate? All Vets returning... it's the first clear cut evidence of the ballot at work. I remember that Source Gaming poll where Wolf was basically tied with K. Rool followed by Roy and Snake was up there too.. now here we are with all but K. Rool showing up... yet. Signs keep pointing in a favorable direction for K. Rools inclusion...

We keep seeing characters from these fan polls from 2015 popping up, either playable or as ATs. K. Rool has yet to show his scaly hide.... the more we find out the more confident I'm feeling about that K. Rool reveal trailer ladies and gentlemen....

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Hello, fellow K. Rool fans. With Smash 5 unveiled and all the crazy stuff we've seen in Ultimate, I'm optimistic as ever for the Kremling King. Now that Ridley's in, the only characters I really care for are K. Rool and Ashley, so feel free to add my name among K. Rool's supporters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I heard some slight bad news

I heard the translation was misread and may be "first proposal completed in december 2015"
And...*how* is that bad news? Even if it was the "first proposal", the roster itself was likely finalized not long after.

"Oh, sorry guys, I know I started drawing up the roster already after looking at these ballot results, but I really think we should take these popular choices I listed *off* before we actually make the game."

Were you perhaps reading SmashChu's posts in the Rex thread? I mean...

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I heard some slight bad news

I heard the translation was misread and may be "first proposal completed in december 2015"
The optimist in me thinks back to all the polls I've seen from the US and Japan, and how high K. Rool ranked. Surely, a second proposal wouldn't do away with such a desired character.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Cool idea for an FSmash I thought of while bored: K Rool grabs a Klaptrap by the tail and operates it like a pair of hedge clippers, chomping the opponent with its jaw.

And Dair: Flips upside down and drills the opponent with crown in a spinning motion, with his arms outstretched.

DSmash: Enlarges a giant boxing glove on his hand and pummels the opponent into the ground with it. Buries opponents. The glove gets bigger the longer its charged as a cosmetic effect. Effects both sides but is stronger in the front.

Dash Attack: Bashes a Kremling into the opponent head first like a battering ram, while the Kremling panics and tries to break free.

Down Tilt: Ground slams ass-first, making a tremor that knocks opponents inwards for follow-ups.

Grab: Traps an opponent in a barrel pulled from thin air. Pummels them by squeezing the barrel.

Forward Throw: Throws the barrel along the ground with the opponent in it, and the barrel bursts, dealing additional damage.

Just brainstorming some ideas.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Awesome Sirfishe Sirfishe . It's just a matter of when now. Or, so I hope.

He won't be the next reveal tho. A big name like that can't just come unexplained. I'm betting one of the directs.
I believe some might just pop-up like Brawl Dojo days, but I feel like they would not just give K. Rool away thus quick. Still, love the edit you made.

I can't wait to see what render they will make if he becomes playable.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just don’t want him to be the last reveal. I don’t think my heart could take the stress.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just don’t want him to be the last reveal. I don’t think my heart could take the stress.
For sure. I've done my waiting. We all have. No more games. Just give me my big green boi and I'll be happy. I'll preorder the instant he appears.

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Random trailer idea I had:

After the usual Smash cross transition, we open on a wide shot of a jungle. The treetops start shaking, as if something large below them is heading our way. We quickly pan down to ground level on a relaxing shore line, where the shaking starts getting louder. Suddenly, from out of the foliage, a furious Donkey Kong comes leaping out. After a slow-mo shot of this, Diddy Kong swoops in on his Rocketbarrel pack and give DK a lift into the sky. Right behind him, a small chimp-shaped shadow obscured by the harsh sunlight starts flying into frame. It gets much closer, revealing that it's Dixie Kong flying with her hair.

"DIXIE KONG GIVES IT A WHIRL!"

The Kongs land on a familiar-looking pirate ship... belonging to Toon Link, who's busy enjoying the sea breeze at the bow. Briefly turning around, he spots the Kongs and is instantly frightened. DK's angry eyes spot several barrels of bananas on deck. Toon Link notices him looking at them, realizing those bananas he harvested back on land were DK's. Before TL can say anything in his defense, DK tries to Giant Punch him, but he barely dodges. Diddy fires his peanuts, while Dixie fires bubblegum, both of which TL deflects with his shield. He realizes he has no choice but to fight, so he unsheathes his sword and charges full speed at the Kongs, who in turn charge at him. Things go slow-mo as they're about to meet...

...but then, a large boom is heard in the distance and a heavy cannonball comes crashing down between TL and the Kongs. Knocked back and surprised by this, they look out to sea to locate the source of the projectile... only to spot a much bigger pirate ship approaching them. Toon Link readies himself for another battle, but another projectile comes speeding from the new boat -- a golden crown. In a boomerang-like arch, it knocks TL back and into his ship's mast, knocking him unconscious. The Kongs are looking madder than ever because they know exactly who's behind this. Sure enough, a shadowy and scaly figure is seen walking out on the bigger ship's bow. Slowly panning up from his feet, we get a closer look at the figure. With a golden belly, a blunderbuss in hand, and a toothy grin, we see it's none other than...

"KING K. ROOL MAKES A KOMEBACK!"

He aims the blunderbuss at the camera, charges it up, and fires, making the screen go white.

Cue gameplay montage, starting with K. Rool and then adding Dixie.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Awesome Sirfishe Sirfishe . It's just a matter of when now. Or, so I hope.

He won't be the next reveal tho. A big name like that can't just come unexplained. I'm betting one of the directs.
I believe some might just pop-up like Brawl Dojo days, but I feel like they would not just give K. Rool away thus quick. Still, love the edit you made.

I can't wait to see what render they will make if he becomes playable.
Honestly, I rather have them reveal him as soon as possible. So that way we don't have to worry anymore about K Rool being playable and we can just be happy. We've all been waiting way to dam long for his inclusion and I don't know how many times we have to ask nintendo to put him in. Better to confirm him than making us wait lol But a nice trailer for him would be cool. Also, they'll probably base K Rool on his more modern design. Its the most recent version of him and the look fits with the samsh wiiU/ultimate style.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't see why they would use his more recent design if they went out of their way to use the Rare design for the costume.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I don't see why they would use his more recent design if they went out of their way to use the Rare design for the costume.
Or maybe a skin alt? You can have the choice of playing the rare design or the modern design

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Honestly, I rather have them reveal him as soon as possible. So that way we don't have to worry anymore about K Rool being playable and we can just be happy. We've all been waiting way to dam long for his inclusion and I don't know how many times we have to ask nintendo to put him in. Better to confirm him than making us wait lol But a nice trailer for him would be cool. Also, they'll probably base K Rool on his more modern design. Its the most recent version of him and the look fits with the samsh wiiU/ultimate style.
Trust me, everyone in this thread wish for that. I see people having a real fear over him. Which I think is sad, but I understand it. I'm afraid of it too. I've been wanting this green ass since Brawl. He is the only true wish of a newcomer I've ever wanted.

I've seen our downfall too many times, and I could sleep better knowing him already in the roster confirmed, but ... While we have had our downfall, we have had a shine of good news as of late, and it seems apparent that Nintendo want's to use K. Rool as a big name for this game, so, for hype, he can't come first, I'm quite sure on that, unfortuantely. Might be the last reveal before launch.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
The optimist in me thinks back to all the polls I've seen from the US and Japan, and how high K. Rool ranked. Surely, a second proposal wouldn't do away with such a desired character.
Im reading everything you say in Strong Bad's voice like it's a Sbemail! :D

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
With the recent info about Nintendo renewing various DK licenses and that thing in the interview with the Rabbids dev about a "new DK team" over seeing the IP it really looks like everything is falling into place for us to get a new DK game announced soon in a Direct. Makes me wonder who the team is.... my money is on Monster Games but who knows maybe more internal team at Nintendo? DK is one of those licenses that Nintendo seems to like to hand off to new Devs like Metroid. It would be wild if the team behind Odyssey was doing it... and those street signs really had more meaning behind them......

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Trust me, everyone in this thread wish for that. I see people having a real fear over him. Which I think is sad, but I understand it. I'm afraid of it too. I've been wanting this green *** since Brawl. He is the only true wish of a newcomer I've ever wanted.

I've seen our downfall too many times, and I could sleep better knowing him already in the roster confirmed, but ... While we have had our downfall, we have had a shine of good news as of late, and it seems apparent that Nintendo want's to use K. Rool as a big name for this game, so, for hype, he can't come first, I'm quite sure on that, unfortuantely. Might be the last reveal before launch.
Where did you get that information? Haven't heard anything about Nintendo wanting to use K Rool for this game?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
With the recent info about Nintendo renewing various DK licenses and that thing in the interview with the Rabbids dev about a "new DK team" over seeing the IP it really looks like everything is falling into place for us to get a new DK game announced soon in a Direct. Makes me wonder who the team is.... my money is on Monster Games but who knows maybe more internal team at Nintendo? DK is one of those licenses that Nintendo seems to like to hand off to new Devs like Metroid. It would be wild if the team behind Odyssey was doing it... and those street signs really had more meaning behind them......
Do you think they'll bring K Rool back in the next game? Techincally speaking, he's only been absent for the past two games, there's just such a time gap between them it seems like longer.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Where did you get that information? Haven't heard anything about Nintendo wanting to use K Rool for this game?
Don't quote me on that. As it's speculative, but theoretically smart.
There were no way in hell they would reveal King K. Rool at E3 together with Ridley.

The only reason Daisy and Inkling could be shown off with Ridley is because.
1. Inkling was teased before hand and would not be a surprise.
2. Daisy being there explaining the "echo fighters" helped us not freak out, but appreciate the kind gesture.
3. If K. Rool would be revealed at E3 with Ridley, K. Rool would be showed to the back, because everyone would only praise Ridley.

Therefore, knowing how popular K. Rool is it is only logical for Nintendo to wish to spare his reveal until later, as he can generate hype on his own for a later time, so that people can still ride the hype train all the way to launch.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Do you think they'll bring K Rool back in the next game? Techincally speaking, he's only been absent for the past two games, there's just such a time gap between them it seems like longer.
I absolutely do, it's hard for Nintendo to ignore the fan demand behind the character... not even just from us but within their own country he persists to be a popular character. If they ignore him again then theres something else going on there... I doubt it though. A lot of us on this page have been of the opinion that there was/is some disdain of his character due to him being made by western devs and while at one point I was guilty of this train of thought, I don't think that's the case.... if that was the case, Diddy, Funky, Cranky, and Dixie would be fossils by now. Dropped and forgotten because they too are of the same creation as K. Rool. I believe Nintendo thought the Kremlings were just stale and no one would miss them. Come to find out the opposite is true, I don't see them ignoring him again... it would be a blatant slap in the face to the fans.

StormC

Smash Hero
If a new DK game is to be announced I absolutely expect them to hold off on a K. Rool/Dixie reveal until then. I don't think K. Rool will be the next announcement but I could see him being the one after that... which means we could still be waiting until October-ish.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hello, fellow K. Rool fans. With Smash 5 unveiled and all the crazy stuff we've seen in Ultimate, I'm optimistic as ever for the Kremling King. Now that Ridley's in, the only characters I really care for are K. Rool and Ashley, so feel free to add my name among K. Rool's supporters.

Welcome to the kutthroat crew!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, if the Mii costume made with completely new assets is anything to on, Sakurai is much more likely to use the Rare design. He doesn't usually slack on delivering designs that people actually want. Look at Pac-Man, who had a recent design people abhored and he went with the classic. Ganon's design is back to his "most popular". Ike now has *both* of his main designs, etc.

Top Bottom