• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
People are purportedly saying Krown Toss has Super Armor.
Like, the crown itself is immune to projectiles, or the animation of the crown toss gives K. Rool super armor?

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Like, the crown itself is immune to projectiles, or the animation of the crown toss gives K. Rool super armor?
The info is on the reddit Tubbers09 Tubbers09 linked (thank you for that), and doesn't elaborate.

Based on what we know about him however, I'm inclined to think that Krown Toss counts as a Belly Armor move and that's what people are referring to

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M2clfHo3XM

At the end of this video you can see K. Rool's third and final victory animation (although it's obscured by one of the players as it's part of a team battle). Love all three, but the shiftily looking side to side one is probably my favorite.

So, we have...

Green scales, red cape (default)
Grey/white scales, blue cape
Red/brown scales, dark green cape
Black scales, red cape
Pink scales, red cape
Yellow scales, black cape
Blue scales, red cape
Orange scales, pink cape

I'll probably alternate between default and blue colors personally.

Last edited:

Thundross

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M2clfHo3XM

At the end of this video you can see K. Rool's third and final victory animation (although it's obscured by one of the players as it's part of a team battle). Love all three, but the shiftily looking side to side one is probably my favorite.
I like how K. Rool KOs both opponents during Sudden Death at the end there with a single toss of his crown.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Something to remember: besides Inklings (who were a given anyway), and arguably Piranha Plant, K. Rool was the only unique newcomer not leaked.

I'm very happy about that.

Also, pink K. Rool all the way.

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
World of Light won't be too heavy on story, but me and my friend have been making jokes at all the different scenarios that play out. One of the ideas that got the biggest laugh out of me was if all the characters, as they are being freed, scrambled to get to K. Rool's island so they can use the Blast-O-Matic to obliterate the enemy in the sky. How out of nowhere and poetic it would be if you spent DK64 trying to shut down the Blast-O-Matic to save your home only years later the very same weapon was used to save everyone's favorite game characters from a world ending threat. I'm sure the island is permanently stuck being pointed at DK Island anyway.

Aside from that, the opening was glorious! The only change I'd make is instead of Kirby surviving, Snake would get out of his box saying "I knew it would work!" and went about saving everybody.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
World of Light won't be too heavy on story, but me and my friend have been making jokes at all the different scenarios that play out. One of the ideas that got the biggest laugh out of me was if all the characters, as they are being freed, scrambled to get to K. Rool's island so they can use the Blast-O-Matic to obliterate the enemy in the sky. How out of nowhere and poetic it would be if you spent DK64 trying to shut down the Blast-O-Matic to save your home only years later the very same weapon was used to save everyone's favorite game characters from a world ending threat. I'm sure the island is permanently stuck being pointed at DK Island anyway.

Aside from that, the opening was glorious! The only change I'd make is instead of Kirby surviving, Snake would get out of his box saying "I knew it would work!" and went about saving everybody.
K. Rool is a complicated crocodile, the way he unhesitatingly helps save the world despite years of antagonism with little to no positive traits shown (Super Sluggers is perhaps the exception).

C-G

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool is a complicated crocodile, the way he unhesitatingly helps save the world despite years of antagonism with little to no positive traits shown (Super Sluggers is perhaps the exception).
K Rool is 100% grudge, plain and simple. So long as they're smart enough, grudge villains will put the grudge on hold for the sake of being able to grudge another day.

It's the masterminds you REALLY need to worry about in world crisis scenario. This is why Ganon was not allowed on the Cliff of Friends

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
To echo what people have said here, I was talking to pap64 pap64 about KKR and how, post direct, I realized how insanely, UNBELIEVABLY lucky we were to get KKR in this game.

Up to then, Ridley, KKR, and to a lesser extent the Belmont boys led me to believe that Sakurai truly WAS adding characters entirely from the ballot, going by fan requests, since this truly was supposed to be his last smash game and all.

That's the main reason the Grinch leak was even somewhat believable: with Ridley and KKR in the game, the idea that he'd give us the dream roster we've always wanted didn't seem so far fetched.

After the direct, it became clear just how wrong we were and how insanely lucky we are to get our fat lizards added at long last.

While I think Piranha Plant looks neat, it's the "ultimate" slap in the face to fans who were hoping for an older character in the game: the question of "relevancy" goes right out the damn window when Sakurai decides to start adding unnamed rank and file Mario enemies as playable fighters.

Hat Goomba may have been a meme, but it was apparently more feasible than any of us thought.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
To echo what people have said here, I was talking to pap64 pap64 about KKR and how, post direct, I realized how insanely, UNBELIEVABLY lucky we were to get KKR in this game.

Up to then, Ridley, KKR, and to a lesser extent the Belmont boys led me to believe that Sakurai truly WAS adding characters entirely from the ballot, going by fan requests, since this truly was supposed to be his last smash game and all.

That's the main reason the Grinch leak was even somewhat believable: with Ridley and KKR in the game, the idea that he'd give us the dream roster we've always wanted didn't seem so far fetched.

After the direct, it became clear just how wrong we were and how insanely lucky we are to get our fat lizards added at long last.

While I think Piranha Plant looks neat, it's the "ultimate" slap in the face to fans who were hoping for an older character in the game: the question of "relevancy" goes right out the damn window when Sakurai decides to start adding unnamed rank and file Mario enemies as playable fighters.

Hat Goomba may have been a meme, but it was apparently more feasible than any of us thought.
To be fair, the Smash Ballot was what was lucky and it seems we had the numbers there since we prompted really the only full newcomer from it. It would have just been Sakurai throwing it out the window if we didn't get K. Rool, so it was really our effort and passion that got us our BIG BONED (can't stress this enough) crocodile king.

bigboned.png

I've been too lazy to post this before now, but I've had enough of this body shaming. K. Rool is in fact, ripped. His ribs just happen to protrude out far enough to give him the appearance of unnecessary girth.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
More Spain footage showing up on the 'Tube. Most are echoing what we've seen before. This 1v1 with ken is pretty good though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ln-WWE9B8

Most notably shows that:

-K Rool cannot act out of Up B and enters free fall after
-DTilt's shockwave hits above ground and hits a fair bit out

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209

Character selection in Smash has always been weird. They range from OMG HYPE characters that people wanted to whatever Sakurai dreamed up one night. It DOES feel like a miracle that we got K. Rool and Ridley since Sakurai felt so DECISIVE on not including them in the roster that I never believed it would happen.

But even with Poke-tigers and Plants in the roster, I am happy just because we got those two and more.

Kulty

Smash Ace
MAN AM I SO EXCITED to play K Rool after watching his Treehouse footage. Already got impressed by his first fight with Snake a few months ago, but man he LOOKS FUN. Animations smooth, incredibly goofy and fun playstyle meant to disrespect. ;) I`m definitely going to secondary him. LET`S DO THIS KUTTHROATS. I really want to support the character and his meta. :D

IT TRULY IS HIS FINEST HOUR :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:!!!

EDIT: Truly happy he got featured in the CGI teaser for World of Light along with all the other fighters. He looks beautiful. :love:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geez the up air has good range he really is amazing.

Loving what I'm seeing.

Move over Bowser, Ganondorf, King DeDeDe, and others the ultimate heavyweight is here.

He was featured a lot in the direct too through gameplay, and his spirits mode. Sakurai and team know he's popular and probably know we'd love the footage plus the treehouse perfect.

I thank them.

I didn't see him in World of Light, Ridley, Daisy, Isabelle, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken, Incineroar or Piranha Plant ether. But I'm sure they were there.

Everything is perfect he truly is great, goofy, but lethal, and deranged suits him down to a t. I found my permanent third main. Don't care how high tier he is don't care if I lose with him. He's my third main can't wait to use him with Mario, and Link, and Incineroar.

Awesome stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
So just to recap: Awesome design, TWO spikes, his recovery is no-mash and not too bad for a heavy, he has two grounds and one of them is a throw, super armor on stuff that doesn't even need it like his side b, his own theme with a rap, and a tip of the hat to his Paon design when he gets a belly stun.

Other hopefuls are on suicide watch but the average K. Rool fan has been sitting in a bubble bath for months now, just... DAMN! Enjoy it!

C-G

Smash Journeyman
So just to recap: Awesome design, TWO spikes, his recovery is no-mash and not too bad for a heavy, he has two grounds and one of them is a throw, super armor on stuff that doesn't even need it like his side b, his own theme with a rap, and a tip of the hat to his Paon design when he gets a belly stun.

Other hopefuls are on suicide watch but the average K. Rool fan has been sitting in a bubble bath for months now, just... DAMN! Enjoy it!
Three spikes. Bair, Dair, and Usmash. Wouldn't be shocked if DTilt did too, to be honest

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Something to remember: besides Inklings (who were a given anyway), and arguably Piranha Plant, K. Rool was the only unique newcomer not leaked.

I'm very happy about that.

Also, pink K. Rool all the way.
Piranha Plant was actually leaked back in September on 4chan, but obviously nobody believed it. There's an archive that was found where it says Incineroar, Ken, and Piranha Plant are the final three characters.

D

Deleted member

Saw King K. Rool finally in the world of Light trailer.

He looks awesome standing next to everyone.

Yes his moves are amazing as well. From what we've seen from the Treehouse.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I rarely ever use alts in Smash unless it's canon to their games (like classic Wario, Bowser Jr./koopalings, Olimar/Alph, Yoshi colors, Meta Ridley, builder/wedding Mario, etc.) I don't like when the character doesn't "look" like the character. So I'll always be maining OG K.Rool colors. God this is gonna be the longest month ever. I NEED the King SOOO bad!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I'll use every single one of those alt colors. The oney I like the most are his OG colors, the 2nd, 6th and 7th ones

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Okay, so why the hell is his Amiibo releasing Feb friggin' 15th...?

Since they can be used to unlock characters immediately, I was planning to pick it up in order to unlock him right away but that's apparently out the window now...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Since they can be used to unlock characters immediately, I was planning to pick it up in order to unlock him right away but that's apparently out the window now...
I don't think the unlocking thing is 100% confirmed yet. It could just be a Wii U Pokken Shadow Mewtwo early access type of deal.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It could be worse; the three amiibos that I want to get out of this line-up are Snake, Ridley, and K. Rool, and we don't even have a picture of Snake's amiibo, let alone a release date.

Top Bottom