• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Please wish us Dixie and Banjo supporters well!!!! I hope to play along with them as K. Rool!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Please wish us Dixie and Banjo supporters well!!!! I hope to play along with them as K. Rool!
If only Krystal didn't become deconfirmed as an assist trophy. We could've had a 4 player Smash with Rare developed characters. (I mean we technically still can with Diddy) but I really wanted Krystal..

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
If only Krystal didn't become deconfirmed as an assist trophy. We could've had a 4 player Smash with Rare developed characters. (I mean we technically still can with Diddy) but I really wanted Krystal..
Assuming the Grinch leak is real, we technically can. With Diddy, K. Rool, Banjo, and DK who was created by Rare as the original's grandson, we have 4.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Thank God King K. Rool has been confirmed. The Isaac thread is panicking right now.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
So, assuming the Grinch leak is real, who of the newcomers except K. Rool intriges you the most? :)

personally, I am rooting for Mach Rider :D
All of them are really solid choices. I don't have a strong connection to any of them, but I'd say Issac, Geno, and Banjo-Kazooie just because people have wanted them for a long time. I'm really curious to see how Mach Rider might play. Honestly, all I really wanted newcomer wise in this game was :ultkrool: and :ultridley:. There are still some characters I want of course, but those two were the priority. Now they can add whoever and I really wouldn't mind.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If any of the Assist Trophies ever get promoted through DLC, we should rally strong support behind Krystal for DLC. We all know Waluigi would go first, but if there is a 2nd potential character and we have the option to vote on it, than let's support Krystal.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The only newcomer left that I really want is Bandana Dee. But I feel regardless of what we get tomorrow, it'll be an enjoyable time. Here's hoping for a demo though, would love to play Ridley again and try the King out!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only newcomer left that I really want is Bandana Dee. But I feel regardless of what we get tomorrow, it'll be an enjoyable time. Here's hoping for a demo though, would love to play Ridley again and try the King out!
Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Pig Ganon, and Porky are the only characters I truly want left to get into the roster.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't want to get everyone's hopes up to an unreasonable extent. But there's a non-zero chance we'll all be playing as K. Rool in a Smash demo, released after the Direct Thursday. THIS WEEK.
I pity Brawlhalla even more if that happens.

StormC

Smash Hero
Don't give up if K. Rool isn't announced tomorrow, guys. There's always DLC!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Don't give up if K. Rool isn't announced tomorrow, guys. There's always DLC!
It's sad that this could have been a real possibility, it makes me really appreciate him being announced nearly three months ago. I am still really excited for today's Direct, but it does feel odd that I already got my most wanted character by far when many other people are still awaiting their top choices.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Remember the not-too-distant past when we all were working ourselves up over the possibility Rool might get revealed in October because of Halloween and his dress-up tendencies? (We did get a Klaptrap update last night though heh).

Here's hoping we get some good new gameplay footage of our boi during the Treehouse segment.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
This is the first Smash Bros direct where King K Rool is a veteran newcomer. Yes, that's a term now.

He might appear in random footage now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is the first Smash Bros direct where King K Rool is a veteran newcomer. Yes, that's a term now.

He might appear in random footage now.
I know it's very unlikely, but what if they show a alternate costumes segment and K. Rool has his different personas as costumes. I would go full fan boy over that, but the fact that K. Rool's side special is the crown toss and he puts on his Kaptain hat during his neutral special makes the possibility of the porsonas as costumes very unlikely.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That is what I'm hoping for.

I would take the Baorn too. He can throw his wig. It's hard because of too much hairspray.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
All I want is the Kaptain's Koat, honestly. K. Roolenstein and Krusha Rool would all be great but not necessary.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm going to say what everyone is thinking. Krusha k. Rool sucks.

Even Baron does not deserve to be put in the same tier as Krusha.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
It's not likely but I hope Sakurai takes a minute to go over K Rool's moveset. We only have the gameplay of him vs Snake to go off of and I would enjoy seeing a bit more

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm going to say what everyone is thinking. Krusha k. Rool sucks.

Even Baron does not deserve to be put in the same tier as Krusha.
Definitely the weakest of K. Rool's kostumes for sure. It's just alright. I think it just lacks in general. While Kaptain and K. Roolenstein are makeovers, Krusha just looks like K. Rool put some pants, shoes and gloves on and took the cape off.

... wait, that's exactly what he did.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll do a longer post expressing my condolences for the characters who didn't get in later. It's really unfortunate the single greatest fake leak of all time had to come along and balloon spirits (no pun intended) at the last second.

On a K. Rool related note, however. . .

Look at that. Less than three months ago, we were skeptical whether K. Rool would ever show his face again, and now, there he is, the one newcomer front and center next to Mario and Link, one of seven unique newcomers period, and the only one explicitly mentioned in connection with the ballot, lending credence to the idea that he may actually have even won the whole thing.

We got the royal treatment. And no matter what our takeaway from that Direct was, that's something to be proud of.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Waiting to see if there's more K Rool footage on the Treehouse, but they did show Ftilt during the direct, during Spirits. It's a clawed double handed swipe in front of him, kinda like he's clapping with claws outstretched.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Single greatest leak of all time should have beena tip off to be way more wary.

Anyway, I'm so glad King K. Rool is in. I loved seeing him in that weird trailer. And everywhere! King K. Rool as the Imprisoned. Lol. Amazing.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yup, never trusting any leak ever. So happy K. Rool avoided that massacre. I feel awful for the fans who lost their character.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I'm just letting it sink in that K Rool was chosen as a newcomer for this game when the newcomer spots were so limited. It really does give credence that his performance on the ballot was extraordinary. I do feel bad for those groups who didn't get their chosen character in because we've been there. Gotta say though that Smash Bros Infinity War the anime looks awesome.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Was K. Rool shown getting hit with the Thanos beam, or?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
That group shot really is excellent, it's reminiscent of the one from Brawl's intro but even better.
I especially love how K. Rool and Bowser are looming in the back right in the middle of the group, it's like the whole roster is one big team regardless of alignment to good or evil.
Also, I believe this is a costume and/or idle pose we haven't seen before? From the Spirits bit where he's standing in for The Imprisoned. Guess it could be considered a loose Kudgel or a black Kritter.
blackkrool.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am so glad that King K. Rool is in.

Seeing the outcome of the mediocre Direct has me counting my lucky stars. We fought for K. Rool and we won. That in itself is the ultimate victory, of which we should all be proud of ourselves for.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I'm gonna parrot what everyone else has said and say...

We are so, so lucky that King K. Rool managed to get in when he did

StormC

Smash Hero
There is zero doubt in my mind now that K. Rool won the ballot.

I have newfound extra appreciation for his inclusion now.

Also BKupa666 BKupa666 just to hammer it home, it's six unique newcomers for the base game, not seven.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I empathize with people who didn't their character today or got their character "deconfirmed". And I also agree that ending on, for example, K. Rool and Simon would have been a better bookend.

But I think it's weird to be so preoccupied with the release order of the characters if they're still the same character list.

And that character list has King Motherfreaking K. Rool onit.

I am very happy for that still and I will be riding that happiness to release and beyond.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
K Rool up on Nintendo Treehouse Stream

Blunderbuss confirmed to be able to do piecemeal. YOu can shoot and not suck and suck and not shoot. Up B has a hitbox. One of his grab buries people. All his belly moves have super armor on them, but only 3. After three Super Armor hits, it breaks and he's stunned

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
His tilts look amazing and his recovery as well since it hits on the propeller. Also, super armor confirmed on his belly attacks. If you are hit in your belly after 3 times your armor breaks.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
My K. Rool reptilian brothers!! RAISE YOUR KROWNS!!! We make a toast to the King of Kremlings himself. King Krusha K. Rool. We did something that nobody else has. We brought K. Rool back with our endless banters and discussions. We paved the way for this great character to return to his rightful throne. That picture of him is amazing. I can't believe he is in between the two most important characters in all of gaming HISTORY!!!

Be proud of this day. We were once at the bottom. Under the tide of endless falling corpses. Buried beneath the waves of sword wielders and witches alike. NOW WE.... the KREMLING KREW will RISE to reach our former glory. Seeing so many bite the dust in this final swift stroke, we have remained unscathed, unharmed, and better than ever. King K. Rool is back. And now he's back for good!

Everyone please join as we HAIL TO THE ****ING KING!!!!

(*raises krown*)

K. Rool Is Back.png

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
His propeller appears to have a hurt-box at the top. His belly is quite interesting since it can "crack" and even break if things get too hasty.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
WOW the gameplay from the treehouse... K.ROOL animation is sooo beautiful
i dont have my geno and dixie ( YET) but K.ROOL is my MAIN

Top Bottom