• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DeDeDe's Training Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limeee

Smash Champion
After lurking on the marth boards for a while i came across this thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242138

Considering Shield is one of DeDeDe's important tools, powershielding is a must.

lets work together to create a routine for D3 players to practice.

i will try and update this as much as possible.

1. Warm Up:
For about 3 or so minute just jump around and use moves just to get comfortable with the controller and moveset again.

2. Chaingrabbing

To practice normal chain grabs go on FD with marth and put him to 999%. then grab him and while he is being grabbed set him to attack so he will try to get out of the chain grab.

to practice infinite chain grabs pick donkey kong on FD or whatever. if your having trouble set the speed to 2/3 just to learn the timing

Practice walking chaingrabs on donkey kong and bowser.

3. Powershielding

(stolen from marth boards, see URL above)

go on onnet and spawn two enemies on each of the buildings (to un-zoom the camera)

go on the middle road and spawn and throw a green shell. powershield the shell as it comes back and try to powershield the cars. if you mess up you will go flying, try and take advantage of this and tech against the left building.

If your having trouble against a certain projectile (Falco's lasers, pika's thunder jolt)
go on FD and set the computer to control and IRL put your foot on the B button of the second controller and press B then try to powershield, here are some good characters to practice with.

1. Falco
2. Pit
3. Pikachu
4. Luigi
5. Mario
6. Samus
7. Lucario
8. Diddy Kong
9. Anyone else with a neutral B projectile

Practice holding your shield upwards towards Tornado and have someone else nearby spam it while you hold shield upwards. Just knowing when holding it upwards at the right time.

- Commander Beef

I will update this later.

Don't hate, MASTERBATE! (that was a bad joke)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
There is nothing here to post thats not already in a thread somewhere. And what routine is there to follow? Just look at Gate's flowchart.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
D3 is not a technical character at all. There's nothing you need to practice with him as long as you know most of the basics. Learn how to small step cg wolf,grab release wario, dtilt after downthrow rob. I mean really theres no practicing d3 =/

Limeee

Smash Champion
i'm talking about powershielding, chain grabbing that sort of thing, what should new players practice to perfect those.

marth isn't a very technical character either but he has a training routine thingy

As far as i remember, gates flowchart tells you what to do during a match, this is a routine to practice what i said above

even though you guys don't think its a good idea i'll start it anyways, it might help others

T3h Albino

Smash Master
marth is one of the more technical characters in brawl *LOLTECH*
so it's understandable. Marths learning curve is also rather high.
but since you're going against everything i say v____v.

to practice the CG go to training mode pick d3 and put your opponent as dk.
Go to FD and See if you can get 7cg's accross the stage. then do a walking cg and see if you can get 15+ then cg him to the end and see if you can hit him with a dtilt after your last dthrow.

to practice powershielding have a friend pick falco and keep shooting lasers at you until you can
PS > Run > PS > Run > PS > Grab.

Limeee

Smash Champion
yeah i'm simply ******** i watched the marth training video again and figured out that marth is technical, go ahead and close this thread if you deem it necessary

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yeah stop flaming albino and serin...It's better than not getting anywhere in the King Dedede boards.

I liked the power shielding maneuver where we put our foot on another controller's B button. Unfortunately I don't really have anymore ideas for this.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Yeah stop flaming albino and serin...It's better than not getting anywhere in the King Dedede boards.

I liked the power shielding maneuver where we put our foot on another controller's B button. Unfortunately I don't really have anymore ideas for this.
you've got the right idea, its dissapointing how un noob friendly this forum is, any improvement no matter how small is an improvement

and this helped me as well

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Honestly, its not really so much to flame, but to point out there is no point in putting out repetitive stuff. If you find something else that involves the evolution of d3's metagame, then by all means, post away. We are more than inclined to believe you if you were to provide any kind of proof that could help state your case.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
You guys misunderstand the point. This is for n00bs. This is not about the metagame.
What he said. This thread is similar to the basics in CO18's Royal Guide in how it teaches the basics. It's not bad or anything, it's just for the newer players.
Also, I think this should be added: Practice holding your shield upwards towards Tornado and have someone else nearby spam it while you hold shield upwards. Just knowing when holding it upwards at the right time.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
It's not really a necessity because of the many videos in the video thread. You COULD make one, you would just need to put it in the video thread. I'll open it again if need be.

-----Cut Thread Here-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom