• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DeDeDe's Directional Influence

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
First off, we all know that King DeDeDe has the best resistance to vertical KO's if you know what your doing right? If you know that, then you should also know that I am mainly talking about his horizontal DI. Stating that, let me get on topic. Lets start off with how I DI horizontally.

Most Common Method I Use
What I do to survive most blow at about 150% and up (since he will most likely live that long anyways) is to use the hitbox of the attack to hit me up vertically while I use Dair to level me back down. This method usually works with me, but I am starting to notice that the less I use Dair while flying, the more chance I have of dying. More recently, If I know that its a two hit smash or a delayed sequence of movements (e.i. Lucario's Force Palm , Pit's Fsmash), I will most likely just DI up from the start. From there I just follow up with multiple Dairs until I'm stable enough to live. But just when I think im going to live, I use a few jumps and die out of blast range. What arbitrary silliness. I know that his air speed is the lowest, but could it possible that there was a positive way to DI out of this?

My "Sometimes" Method
Whenever I find that the method above is starting to fail me, I use Uair to DI. Don't get me wrong, I still believe Dair is a much better move to DI with, but every once in a while I accidentally use Dair when I hit the stage. That , in terms, causes me to fastfall to me death, thus causing me to most likely lose a match. I'm going to make this rant much shorter because I havent done enough testing with to actually give a logically standpoint to this.

The Airdodge Method
Yes, I know. The airdodge. I couldn't help but notice that once in a while I accidentally airdodge and somehow use all my extra jumps to recover. I might start testing this method out because I can honestly say that I am starting to see some potential in this method.

Leave your thoughts and I will try them out and post the testings out on youtube to see how they hold up in your eyes. No, I will not use Bair as my DI method because I don't use a gamecube controller. I use the wiimote and nunchuck.

The List of Characters that IMO will Use Horizontal Kill Moves*
:metaknight:
:falco:
:snake:
:kirby2:
:diddy:
:wolf:
:ganondorf:
:zelda:
:rob:
:lucas:
:lucario:

*Kill moves that are almost strickly horizontal (e.i. R.O.B.'s bair, Snake's ftilt.)​

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Good job Raimundo...
I was thinking Donkey Kong too but he has more vertical ones.
Unless if his forward smash and his punch is enough for the list.
DK's fsmash is more diagonal while his punch does about the same diagonal motions when hit. The only time that a fsmash is strictly horizontal is when you right above the punch itself

Top Bottom