• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede, Multi-jumps?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think he might have normal jumps with his reg B being that suck up thing from the games. If he doesn't suck something up than he does a blimp thing for alil well that you can cancel.

Kokaloo

Smash Apprentice
It needs to be 3 to 4, not as much as Kirby's, Pit's, MK's, etc.
Sure he does more in the game,
But he's a heavyweight nonetheless.​

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
at the kirby wiki it said that he tried to train to be able in inhale and jump like kirby. wheather this indicate to if he is able to puff jump or puff jump but not so well we will just have to wait and see

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
King Dedede will most certainly not multijump, as this does not occur in any of the other Kirby games. He does (and will), however, puff up, and gain some vertical and horizontal distance in the process.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
King Dedede will most certainly not multijump, as this does not occur in any of the other Kirby games. He does (and will), however, puff up, and gain some vertical and horizontal distance in the process.
So does Kirby in the games, yet he multijumps in the SSB series.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
i think it would be funny to see a fat man like dedede float
Ah... ifi only you guys knew. Dedede trained for hours, maybe even days, to get on kirby's level. He taught himself how to swallow like kirby and more importantly devices a way to fly through the air like him to. I'm willing to bet that dedede will is amazing.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
I like how people keep posting the same picture over and over like it proves a point, when it totally doesn't.

We don't see him in motion, so we can't tell if he moves like a glider or a multi-jumper. Not from that one picture. Show two different pictures where he floats at different angles, and I'll believe that he glides. Show two different pictures where he's fully inflated in one and slightly deflated in another, and I'll believe that he multi-jumps. Show me one picture and you haven't proven a thing.

But if I had to venture a guess... I'd have to pick multi-jumping.. either that or a whole new control scheme altogether.

Radamanthus

Smash Apprentice
I also think he should have a float jump. but it give the user the ability to influnce where he goes. Even more so than Peach. And does anyone know if dedede is gonna be a starting Char?
i'm pretty sure all the characters revealed before the release are starters.

King_Dedede

Smash Cadet
DEDEDE will pwn ubertime. if you look at the first picture on the stage creator page at the dojo, you see his belly inflated. that means he will puff up like kirby!
I'M ALL FOR FLYING HEAVEYWIEGHTS!
what else would be awesome is if his grab was sucking people up.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think they will give him multi-jumps, just cause every other Kirby character can and those characters can all fly in the games. I think his multi-jump could look similar to Mario's cape from Super Mario World.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
What about the Gourmet Race on Kirby Superstar? Player 2 can use Dedede and he does the exact same thing that Kirby does when puff jumping (except that with Dedede his eyes get huge like they're about to pop out of his head, it's really funny looking). Now I don't know if this will carry over but just saying. In fact I think they'll probably just let him puff and float like other people said, otherwise he'd be pretty hard to get rid of... which I'd love but not everybody would.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Based on what I know of Dedede, he should technically be a glider. Watch the ending of Kirby's Adventure or the bacground of Dreamland in SSB. He's in his puffy stage and floating around Kirby.

Before his moveset was released, I thought his puffy penguin bouncing move would be his B^move and would work like Peach's B^ move.

Maybe I'm looking too hard.

But to me, that picture that everyone is posting as proof just looks to me like the balance reflex whenever your on the edge. Is it possible to tell if he's jumping? I don't think that picture really proves anything.

However, i do believe he SHOULD glide like peach.

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
puffing himself up does seem to be one of his traits...but it looks like it's going to be more of gliding or something.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
I think he'll have an ^B like the one Pit has. A period of total control.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I hope I did this Right. Im New here but. Here's a pic if you look at DeDeDe on the right he is doing the same kind of jump he does in all the others games which I guess means that he can float jump like Kirby.

I HOPED THIS HELPED. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think he'll have an ^B like the one Pit has. A period of total control.
His up B has already been confirmed if you hadn't noticed...

BUT I've been thinking floating COULD be his B move, but I'm hoping NOT for that.

Top Bottom