• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(King Dedede Main) CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH!!! matchup

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507

As a King Dedede main, I've always liked the idea of being able to face my 'nemesis' online in Sm4sh. However, my hopes seem to leave me high and dry.

Every Kirby I've faced seems to act like a total noob. All they do is jump high and spam their Up Special or Down Special without considering that it leaves them as an easy grab/Smash target due to the ending lag. I managed to wipe them out too easily because they don't show any evidence they know what they're doing. I really think it's a waste since there might be some real potential in Kirby.

In short, I want to fight a SKILLED Kirby. I feel like this'll give me an idea of the matchup, what to expect, what I can work on against a small, fast character and other things, while also getting the chance to pit hammer-toting jammies emperor penguin against pink glutton puffball.

Can anybody help me?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

As a King Dedede main, I've always liked the idea of being able to face my 'nemesis' online in Sm4sh. However, my hopes seem to leave me high and dry.

Every Kirby I've faced seems to act like a total noob. All they do is jump high and spam their Up Special or Down Special without considering that it leaves them as an easy grab/Smash target due to the ending lag. I managed to wipe them out too easily because they don't show any evidence they know what they're doing. I really think it's a waste since there might be some real potential in Kirby.

In short, I want to fight a SKILLED Kirby. I feel like this'll give me an idea of the matchup, what to expect, what I can work on against a small, fast character and other things, while also getting the chance to pit hammer-toting jammies emperor penguin against pink glutton puffball.

Can anybody help me?
I could help: I main Kirby and I could use experience vs Dedede anyway, but I don't feel up to it right now. If you want to, I can contact you when I'm ready (most likely over the weekends).

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, but I only have 3DS currently.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'll play you. My NNID is Asdioh.

You should have just posted in the social instead of making a whole thread though.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Doesn't require it's own thread. As Asdioh said, this could have been posted in the Social Thread.

Also, I laughed at "small, fast character"

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Ah
I'll play you. My NNID is Asdioh.

You should have just posted in the social instead of making a whole thread though.
Ah. I see. I apologize. I don't use forums alot, so this kind of stuff is new to me.

I added your FC

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
"Small and fast" He says. I think you have Kirby confused with another character.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Do you have a Wiiu? I haven't touched the 3ds version since wiiu came out.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In short, I want to fight a SKILLED Kirby. I feel like this'll give me an idea of the matchup...
I'd suggest finding nearby tournaments. Go to very large tournaments for the best match-up experience.

Slonk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-2289-0078
Depends where here is. Here in Australia they're kinda thin on the ground.

Anyway, DrColeo, I'll have a crack at ya. I wouldn't say I'm "skilled", but I know I'm better than the people you're describing. My 3ds is stuffed at the moment, but I'll have a new one in a few days and I'm happy to fight you then!

MiniSmasher

Smash Cadet
I'd be happy to fight you since he's one of my mains, but bear in mind I'm new to competitive. Not new to smash at all, been playing for a while, but I don't know how I'd fare. I'm definitely not like what you described though, the Brick is an art form ;) Let me know if you'd like to fight!

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I'd be happy to fight you since he's one of my mains, but bear in mind I'm new to competitive. Not new to smash at all, been playing for a while, but I don't know how I'd fare. I'm definitely not like what you described though, the Brick is an art form ;) Let me know if you'd like to fight!
Thanks. I'm still working on being competitive myself, but I'm not tournament level yet. My 3DS FC is 5086-1965-6195 and my in-game name is Zion.

Top Bottom