• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Worst case scenario, they're saving a spirit event with no King Boo for October. Gotta be cautious.

By the way, how hard did they market Luigi's Mansion 3 back in 2019? Asking for reference.
it was marketed very prevalently tbh it was even at e3

Kingboo200

Smash Rookie
Nintendo Direct is at 6 so we will have to see. Hopefully this Direct will have Kingboo Smash Reveal, and a surprise 3rd fighter pass (Though unlikely it would be nice to see it being announced.) I also want to see other games like Mario Party Superstars, Splatoon 3, and Mario and Sonic 2022 Olympic Games, as long as it isn't like the 2020 Olympics version.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Nintendo Direct is at 6 so we will have to see. Hopefully this Direct will have Kingboo Smash Reveal, and a surprise 3rd fighter pass (Though unlikely it would be nice to see it being announced.) I also want to see other games like Mario Party Superstars, Splatoon 3, and Mario and Sonic 2022 Olympic Games, as long as it isn't like the 2020 Olympics version.
I’m rly looking forward to splatoon 3 as well

Kingboo200

Smash Rookie
Last year I predicted Kingboo to be released in October because of Halloween and the 1 year anniversary of Luigi's Mansion 3. Now it could be the same case for the 2 year anniversary of Luigi's Mansion 3 and the announcement being in October instead of in the Direct. And how it worked last time was that they announced the character and released them a few weeks later, so this could mean that since they are announcing this character in early October, then that would mean that the character would probably be released in late October around Halloween and that would be the best conditions for Kingboo as it aligns with the 2 year anniversary of Luigi's Mansion 3.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Something I've noticed is that with every new dlc character, there's an event tourney to commemorate their release.

With that said, here's a question: if King Boo gets in, what would an event tourney featuring him look like? Perhaps a tourney themed around fighters with scary faces?

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
How are my spooky friends doing?

Something I've noticed is that with every new dlc character, there's an event tourney to commemorate their release.

With that said, here's a question: if King Boo gets in, what would an event tourney featuring him look like? Perhaps a tourney themed around fighters with scary faces?
You could do a floaty tourney for characters with multiple jumps as that's what King Boo would probably be. Although if you wanted something more on the nose, probably a monstrous tourney would embody the whole scary theme.

Alternatively, you could do characters which have died at some point. That wouldn't be spoiler heavy at all :)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Worst case scenario, they're saving a spirit event with no King Boo for October. Gotta be cautious.

By the way, how hard did they market Luigi's Mansion 3 back in 2019? Asking for reference.
If they were saving LM3 for an October spirit even why didn't they do it last October? Heck, the game released on Haloween, it would have been perfect to do it then. Two haloweens have passed with no LM spirits. It makes no sense to add them now.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace

They could do a spooky/dark themed event tourney OR a royalty themed event tourney, there’s alot of both on the roster

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
My Boo-dy is ready.

What do you think about the idea that Boo is the actual fighter and King Boo is the final smash similarly to how Piranha Plant is the fighter and Petey Plant is the final smash?

Boo could be very unique, for instance he could turn transparent and invincible midbattle and can change appearance by summoning a boo circle with several boos around him or by transforming into a crawling boo attached to the ground or by adapting many of the other boo versions that appeared across the several Super Mario games.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My Boo-dy is ready.

What do you think about the idea that Boo is the actual fighter and King Boo is the final smash similarly to how Piranha Plant is the fighter and Petey Plant is the final smash?

Boo could be very unique, for instance he could turn transparent and invincible midbattle and can change appearance by summoning a boo circle with several boos around him or by transforming into a crawling boo attached to the ground or by adapting many of the other boo versions that appeared across the several Super Mario games.
Considering this is the King Boo thread, no I think most of us want King Boo as the character. His skillset is very different from a standard boo and he has a personality and story. He's the main villain in 3 fantastic games. Why would we want a downgrade? Kind of reminds me of the suggestion that instead of Ridley they should add Little Birdy and Ridley could be the final smash. Those are some good ideas about how a regular boo could work though, and I appreciate the Reggie pun!

Kingboo200

Smash Rookie
My Boo-dy is ready.

I don't think that it would be the same since Kingboo is the main villain in the Luigi's Mansion series. Petey is only a small boss that shows up in a few games, and the few exceptions would be Mario Strikers Charged and Double Dash. The biggest moment of Petey's career was in Super Mario Sunshine, and even then he was only a mini boss you fought in the game and not the main boss.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
ngl I could see normal boo being playable but I doubt they'd do that after adding plant. king boo is just much more prominent nowadays. Although I really hope he has a move that summons/controls normals boos, even cooler if u could summon a variety of different species of boo

also it shouldve been petey piranha instead IMO

Laniv

Smash Champion
If King Boo is revealed, do you think Sakurai will lead in with "What is Super Mario?" or "What is Luigi's Mansion?"

Top Bottom