• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yeah, people have set their expectations way too high. It happens literally every smash cycle and it always ends badly, but we've never been at the point that people are actually expecting freaking Master Chief and having anurisms every time an actual Nintendo character gets in. We already got Sephiroth, Steve, and Kazuya, and people are like "we still haven't gotten our megaton reveal". People need to take a step back.
To actual support your point, everytime i go into the Master Cheif Thread they always seem optimistic that chief is getting in the game, that seems good to know but to me it can get very annoying to the point were i feel there should be another character for the final pass.

Laniv

Smash Lord
New Spirit Event, and it's GameCube spirits:

...King Boo debuted on GameCube. How does this affect our shots?

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
New Spirit Event, and it's GameCube spirits:

...King Boo debuted on GameCube. How does this affect our shots?
Doesn't affect it all whatsoever. Don't look into these meaningless .png file events unless they actually include new spirits.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Doesn't affect it all whatsoever. Don't look into these meaningless .png file events unless they actually include new spirits.
You say "meaningless", but we're all still waiting on pins and needles in case there's a Luigi's Mansion 3 event.

I don't think this particular event is bad news, but we still gotta watch out.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
You say "meaningless", but we're all still waiting on pins and needles in case there's a Luigi's Mansion 3 event.

Of course got to keep an eye on these things

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I mean this close to fighter 11, it's either he's in or he's not and the fighter has long been since decided. A spirit event for LM3 now will do nothing but let us know King Boo is not in maybe like 1 or 2 weeks earlier because if the last fighter isn't him, then King Boo will not be joining Ultimate anyway. All spirit events do is let you temper your expectations about the final pass. Take it easy, there's nothing to watch out for except silly images that give bonus points.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean this close to fighter 11, it's either he's in or he's not and the fighter has long been since decided. A spirit event for LM3 now will do nothing but let us know King Boo is not in maybe like 1 or 2 weeks earlier because if the last fighter isn't him, then King Boo will not be joining Ultimate anyway. All spirit events do is let you temper your expectations about the final pass. Take it easy, there's nothing to watch out for except silly images that give bonus points.
to be fair thats what they said about the 3 houses spirit and look how that turned out

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

There's a big difference between an event adding original spirits and one that promotes existing ones. There's already spirits for LM1 in the game. It's the LM3 ones that are missing. Even if it did mean something, gamecube characters is far too broad of a category to have an impact on any 1 character's chances.

Laniv

Smash Lord
There's a big difference between an event adding original spirits and one that promotes existing ones. There's already spirits for LM1 in the game. It's the LM3 ones that are missing. Even if it did mean something, gamecube characters is far too broad of a category to have an impact on any 1 character's chances.

That's a fair analysis.

In hindsight, it would be rather silly that a GameCube spirit event would mean anything if most of King Boo's content would be from the Switch and 3DS.

As an aside, have we had a Nintendo DS event yet?

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
To actual support your point, everytime i go into the Master Cheif Thread they always seem optimistic that chief is getting in the game, that seems good to know but to me it can get very annoying to the point were i feel there should be another character for the final pass.
The Rayman thread also thinks Rayman is a lock for fighter 11.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
thats quite odd but why...
I saw someone in there talking about how there is solid evidence in favor of him and that he fits the “second chance” theory and they even went as far as to say he is locked in for challenger pack 11. Some crazy optimism right there!

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I saw someone in there talking about how there is solid evidence in favor of him and that he fits the “second chance” theory and they even went as far as to say he is locked in for challenger pack 11. Some crazy optimism right there!
Interesting... though i dont see him at all as dlc 11

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The Rayman thread ins't all that optimistic, it's only that one person who's giving them a theory that supports rayman's chances(though it's possible they might be for a Mii)

Laniv

Smash Lord
So it's come to my attention that Luigi's Mansion 3 has, in fact, received a commemorative tweet when it first released:

People are saying this means that a spirit event is unneeded because it's already received acknowledgement in this way. I personally don't think this has any bearing on King Boo's chances, but what do you think?

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
^I personally dont think this effects his chances at all whatsoever. a shoutout tweet and an in-game spirit event are obviously very different and not mutually exclusive. although we have no idea when the FP2 chars were decided... I genuinely still think King Boo, Egadd, or Hellen is the last char, I swear simon's trailer was foreshadowing

(also LM4 when?)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So it's come to my attention that Luigi's Mansion 3 has, in fact, received a commemorative tweet when it first released:

People are saying this means that a spirit event is unneeded because it's already received acknowledgement in this way. I personally don't think this has any bearing on King Boo's chances, but what do you think?
it has no bearing. other games have had tweets like that and still got post game stuff

Laniv

Smash Lord
a mii costume he used to acknowledge the launch of a new game which then got a spirit event. So if the thread of logic was the LM3 acknowledgment was enough let alone a spirit event then surely the same would have been true here
OK, yeah I see what you're getting at.

If nothing else, at least this is getting people to talk about King Boo as a serious candidate

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
No it's not, it's getting everyone to **** on King Boo.
that’s only bc they don’t know his vast moveset potential, I guarantee anyone who’s played luigi’s mansion wouldn’t be against his inclusion due to all the new abilities he would add to the roster

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
sakurai just retweeted a few old tweets instead of releasing a spirit event for the 20th anniversary...rly makes me wonder

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
20 years of luigis mansion and yet no luigis mansion 3 spirit event would of been a perfect time quite odd unless....

Laniv

Smash Lord
20 years of luigis mansion and yet no luigis mansion 3 spirit event would of been a perfect time quite odd unless....
Worst case scenario, they're saving a spirit event with no King Boo for October. Gotta be cautious.

By the way, how hard did they market Luigi's Mansion 3 back in 2019? Asking for reference.

Top Bottom