• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing heavy characters?

Exile724

Smash Cadet
I've been fighting somone for about an hour now, I'm using sheik and hes using snake i've gotten him up to over 200 damage and still couldn't KO him easily.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
If youre playing a heavier character, you should be having an aggressive off-stage mindset.
Just watch any good sheik against a Samus. The only troublesome offstage heavyweight should be DK. And even then, F-fair semi-spike/needles should be make him laughable.

B-air should be a recovering snakes worse nightmare.

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the help, but changing out of nowhere gets me killed what should I do so that I can change without being injured?

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Try doing one of your smashes to knock him pretty far away, then move a little bit away just in case, then transform. When you kill him, transform back.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
snakes recovery is easy to vanish against so if your up smash is tired, go for vanish. but like most ppl have said go for zelda

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
KO OFF THE SIDE.

Edgeguard/hog. Sheik has EXTREME edgeguarding skills. When the opportunity comes, you can KO as early as 30% on characters like Ike, Kirby, and Mario. You can attack up to 5 times off stage before returning to the ledge. Learn how to time and anticipate. If they have used their air jump, they only have ONE option for recovery, so get used to each character's recovery and how to counter/gimp/hog.

Chain invincibility frames and Vanish/Vanish Glide are your FRIENDS.

demodemo

Smash Ace
all slow characters tend to have slow/low range forward airs (except for bairs, big characters tend to have awesome bairs) so abuse that

abuse that with her crazy fast fair + bair, chase them off the stage, make them feel like the helpless fattass they are

once snake is in his cypher, hes not going to do anything except cruise around in that ***** of a helicopter except get hit by a forward air

snake's bair has a hitbox on his head, (lol wut) so you still need to space that fair/bair

even if the fair at 150%+ doesnt kill him, it will send him very far off

the moment it does, run to the other side of the stage and transform into zelda

if he is using his cypher while you are zelda, you can kill him with like an offscreen dins if he sucks. pressure with dins until he comes airdodging towards you

punish his airdodge with an upsmash

the upsmash should hit if you time/space the din properly

if i recall correctly, zelda's upsmash cant kill snake until 130/140% + (don't remember) don't transform at 120%

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If Snake is recovering from underneath the stage, wait until his invincibility frames on his recovery stop and bair stage spike him..........I love this.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
If Snake is recovering from underneath the stage, wait until his invincibility frames on his reacovery stop and bair stage spike him..........I love this.
He has invincibility frames? ._. New to me. I thought you just needed to do 9%(?) damage or grab him out of it. o.o

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Maybe i'm wrong on this? I believe he does for a little bit when he first initiates it.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
sheik really doesnt have any powerful knockback moves, but her best choices for a KO are: a well placed Nair, a tipped Upsmash, or the second kick of her forward smash. Bairs also have some knockback, but its harder to pull off b/c of the hitbox & delay

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Havokk helped me out with Sheik I think since I'm playing all day every day I'm going to soon be good with my new main Sheik.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Top Bottom