• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killer Instinct!!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
so for those of you who remember the classic Killer Instinct for SNES, who would you like to see from this Game?

personally, i would LOVE to see SPINAL or JAYGO.

:D.

who would you like to see?

icymatt

Smash Lord
If we (n)ever see anyone from KI in Smash, it should be Glacius, because I practiced the dickens out of 'em.

Too bad Rare owns the KI existence, and seemingly plans to leave it in cold storage forever. But maybe we can live without 500 hour combos.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Eternal Smasher said:
I'd want to see Fulgore. He represented the first Instinct, and Smash has no robots whatsoever.
That is an injustice! Robots need representation in all facets of life!

*Fingers crossed for R.O.B., Sukapon, Ray, whatever robots can make it into Brawl*

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, Ray 01 should represent the robots in this game.

...Unless the Wireframes/Polygons/whatever count as robots.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The robot, the ice dude, and I think there was a lava guy, those would pwn, also think there was a velociraptor there too, what's that about?

An the newcomer, weighting in 500 pounds, from Jurassic park, the velociraptor! lol that was stupid

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I do. I could never do T.J. Combo's (and still never have), but my brother can. I don't remember any of them though, just the Ultimates.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I just so happened to get this game out again today, and i will endevour to include it in our random non-smash multiplayer gaming sessions.

It's impossible (wait...no its not) that these characters could appear.

I'd choose Fulgore, Glasius (He's cool...ice cool) , Jago and Kim Wu,
The first 2 for being cool, popular and representing th egame well, Jago, cause and Kim Wu, cause thats who I use... :)

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
MenacingMike said:
who was kim wu??

><
Probably from KI:Gold on the 64, which I never played.
I played as Cinder on the original, he was the best. :)

I remember my brothers being able to play as the boss. (What was his name? Ogre?) Anyway that guy was incredible!

In Perfect Dark Zero a lot of the bots have names from previous Rare games such as Fulgore. That game is fun too.

But in all honesty I can't even begin to imagine KI characters in my Smash Bros.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god KI was the sweetest thing ever... Yes it was so awesome that it made me say sweet. So many cool characters...

Fulgore, Glacius, the raptor guy, the werewolf guy (Cinder was just cheap)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This is a good idea! I think Kim Wu-

and Orchid-

should be included in Brawl.

The Bino

Smash Lord
i would have to second that for Orchid since she was the best one and then Cinder would have to be in it, but hey u can't forget EyeDol, he was gangsta

But also who here remembers Clayfighter 63 1/3 for N64... well i think that it would be a funny thing to add a couple of those chars into Brawl... now that would be classic, would never happen, but still classic

NukeA6

Smash Master
Fulgore FTW! That guy was almost like a Nintendo Mascot for a short time.

NukeA6

Smash Master
MenacingMike said:
hahaha. how so??
I saw him a lot in Nintendo-related things. But that was way back when Killer Instinct was still alive.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread is long dead but I'd just like to say Spinal & Riptor are the best! Followed closely by Cinder!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Actually, the French Wikipedia article for Nintendo series has Killer Instinct on it's list, but not Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, or other Rare series, so who knows?

Anyways, Fulgore is basically the mascot of the series.

And he's a robot.

How can you argue with that?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ah no fair! I made a thread about this topic back when I was a wee lil Noob Saibot and I got nothing but negative feedback. I just guess it was bad timing is all.

Glacius & Fulgore for the win!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
umm, if one had to make it in, I'd say none and just be pissed off at whoever made it in. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it's far from Smash Bros's style.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
It'$ not gonna happen cau$e we haven't $een a Killer In$tinct game in like.......forever. Plu$, KI character$ just wouldn't feel right in a $ma$h Bro$ game like Problem2 $aid.
Neither of which are a good reason as to why any of them couldn't get in.

The only good reason is it being owned by Rare, but I have yet to see proof that ownership of it wasn't transfered to Nintendo, like other Nintendo/Rare games like Starfox and Donkey Kong. Proof still needs to be given to say they(KI) don't have a chance.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Neither of which are a good reason as to why any of them couldn't get in.

The only good reason is it being owned by Rare, but I have yet to see proof that ownership of it wasn't transfered to Nintendo, like other Nintendo/Rare games like Starfox and Donkey Kong. Proof still needs to be given to say they(KI) don't have a chance.
Donkey Kong and Starfox were always Nintendo series.

As I said, on the French wikipedia, it is listed as a series, but I'm not sure who owns it. I bet if we really looked in on it we could find it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Smash is lacking a character from a fighting genre. And since Smash represents history of Nintendo (and now with 3rd party representation, Video game history as well) I think a fighting character should enter.

Personally, I could see any KI character fitting in, although Fulgore seems to be the best recognized and would definately be my pick out of the character cast.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong and Starfox were always Nintendo series.

As I said, on the French wikipedia, it is listed as a series, but I'm not sure who owns it. I bet if we really looked in on it we could find it.
Rare developed Star Fox Adventures and several of the Donkey Kong games.
No, this doesn't mean they owned those series, but that they did work with Ninntendo in making them, and then gave up all of those rights to Nintendo games.

The question is whether Killer Instinct was enough of a Nintendo product for Rare to forfeit completely to Nintendo, or if it went down the same road as Banjo Kazooie

Wikipedia Absence of Rare titles for virtual console said:
On March 26, 2006, Matt Casamassina, Editor-in-Chief of IGN Wii, had announced in his blog that Nintendo's Virtual Console service, a feature which allows players to download games from the history of Nintendo, will be "Rareless". He stated that he had "met with some Rare/Microsoft staff" while attending the 2006 Game Developers Conference, who confirmed once and for all that the Virtual Console will not see any Rare-owned licenses. This means that classic Rare titles such as Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Banjo-Kazooie (to name a few) may be absent from the download service; GoldenEye 007 may be a possibility as the James Bond video game license is held by Activision and would require Activision's, not Rare's, permission to be released on the system. The Donkey Kong and Star Fox games that were developed by Rare remain unaffected, since Nintendo retain the rights to both the Donkey Kong series and Star Fox.
There isn't official word that I can find, but unfortunately Killer Instinct probably went down the same road as Banjo Kazooie, since the original game was co-created by Rare, unlike with Star Fox and Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom