• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill-Throws

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Killing throws is a very good option in Smash 4. Let's talk about the characters that have this option.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's less important than it was in Brawl. Brawl had so much less safe on block that having a kill throw was like, soooooo good, because shielding is such a large part of what the defender is doing by default.

But it's still nice to have the option to kill. Mario's backthrow kills at a pretty reasonable point, and the angle on it is really good for setting up bair kills too.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It is indeed. Technically it was in Brawl, too, but the percent required was a lot higher.

I want to say it'll kill reliably around 150%? I haven't used it myself much but that seems to be a reasonable estimate.
Villager's BThrow also kills at fairly low percents, at least closer to the ledge. It'll usually do the trick around 130%-140%.

Conda

:4ness:'s kills at around 120-130, but he's not the only one with this power. Sonic can kill near there with his throw, which is insane, as can others. Ness doesn't have exclusive ownership of awesome killer back-throws. His just has that demoralizing animation and speed to the knockback, but it's not the only killing b-throw like this.

L9L

Smash Cadet
NNID
sirshyguy
3DS FC
4596-9684-9176
Luigi's back throw is still a solid kill option. On a smaller stage like Prism Tower it will kill around. . . 120? 130? (fact check needed, just going off the top of my head)

Even when it doesn't kill, its up and diagonal angle can help him set up a bair or up smash as they return to the stage. Not bad.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I forgot, are back throws the more powerful of the four throws? Can't Forward Throws kill also? I know Falcon's Back throw and forward throw are both pretty good, although I use forward throw with the dash grab at high percent.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic's back throw AND forward throw kill now.

get @ me with these Sonic KO options

:093:

Conda

I forgot, are back throws the more powerful of the four throws? Can't Forward Throws kill also? I know Falcon's Back throw and forward throw are both pretty good, although I use forward throw with the dash grab at high percent.
It is 100% character dependant. The 'trend' is that back throws do more damage and knockback, that's how the designers felt it made most sense. But this isn't always the case and many characters have other throws as their dominant ones.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
It is 100% character dependant. The 'trend' is that back throws do more damage and knockback, that's how the designers felt it made most sense. But this isn't always the case and many characters have other throws as their dominant ones.
okay that is what I thought. And I would agree it makes sense for B-throws to more damage and such

Maître Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I have a list of death percentages for Luigi's Down Throw to Up-B. Also, Dr. Mario's Down Throw to F-Air combos and kills and I posted and brief guide on Captain Falcon where I listed a couple kill combos from down throw that end in knee kill around 50-80%.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Lol, not meaning to speculate, but if we ever need to mention powerful throws in the history of smash, look for none other than the up-throw from:
:mewtwopm:

I hope he has that glorious up-throw when he's released

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As mentioned, :4ness:'s back-throw is pretty insane.

Conda

Pit/Dark Pit's Fthrow KOs at 120-ish at the side of the stage. Which is pretty good for the two of them, since their weakness is weak KO moves.
On what weights? Ness' kills around there too

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
As mentioned, Villager's back throw is really good. It's also deceptive. At 50-70% it wont send them back very much at all, but after a certain point, often around 120-140%, it'll bloody launch them.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Greninja's u-throw can kill when fresh on certain stages, I got a kill before 100% on default Yoshi's Island and not on the raised platform, think it was ZSS.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Back throw of Pac man can kill near a ledge around 140-150%

Top Bottom