• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill moves?

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
What are Sheik's best kill moves in Smash 4? Her fair isn't a finisher, nor was it in Brawl. So what are some good Sheik kill moves?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What are Sheik's best kill moves in Smash 4? Her fair isn't a finisher, nor was it in Brawl. So what are some good Sheik kill moves?
Edit: For anyone who is reading this right now I just want to let you know these results are the best I can give by myself on the 3ds.

All based on training mode against a level 9 Mario set to stop. I did not wait to see the 'kill effect' I took the lowest percentage when Mario would die fairly constantly. After doing addtional testing on the side I've found the kill effect to be more trustworthy then a 'stop' computer that can VI up to kill it's self earlier.

Please keep in mind that mario is the heaviest he's ever been and that DI isn't a real thing. VI will f these numbers up a bit though but it's unclear how much yet, also in VS these attack can kill earlier then listed with no DI/VI so that should help off set the differences a bit.

Fsmash kill mario at 99% 108 if you land just the 2nd kick on the far side of FD
Usmash kills mario at 100% 102% off the top on battle field
Bouncing fish kills mario at 107% 111% on the far side of FD
Vanish kills mario at 111% 112% on the far side of FD. ..Roughly... (it sends people more upwards then anything)
Usmash side hit kill mario at 126% 130% on the far side of FD
EDIT: OH Wow Dsmash has some good scaling. Kill mario at 130% at 128% the 'kill effects happens' on the far side of FD
Side B kill mario at 136% on the far side of FD ...Once again roughly due to the windbox

Moving on to aerials now will edit shortly.

Strong Bair foot kill mario at 119% 121% on the far side of FD
Fair kills mario at 150% 151% on the far side of FD (NOTE see below)
Uair Kill mario at 155% 158% off the top of battle field (tested at the same height as usmash)
Nair kills mairo at 170% 177% on the far side of FD (sweet spot, I wont test non sweet spot)
Dash attack kill mario at 200% 222% (the f**k?)on the far side of FD

Fair now has a sweet spot that give it increase knock, I dont know what to think about this really but it's pretty big difference. It made fair kill from 165 to 150. Sweet spot is in the same place as always, the downward portion of the fair. I'm starting to think the fair has a tipper effect now, testing right now... I'm having trouble figure out the spot, it might be in the middle of the hit box but it is on the lower side of sheik fair.

Sadly I'm out of time now, I'm off to work but only for a few hours.
Haha! Rain, thank you typhoons! ..suck for my volunteer hours though.

Bouncing fish looks to have the same knock back on 1st and 2nd part. I haven't confirm just eyeballing it.

Last edited:

famous hair

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-8207-6820
Sheik can do her vanish edgehog from Melee with the same inputs (maybe an easier window too?) except there's no initial explosion hitbox on the ledge, just the outreaching one. It's a lot safer than before now that you're guaranteed to grab the ledge. After the explosion, you have to hold in toward the ledge instead of down and in (like Melee or PM). It's a much more viable kill option than Fair and Uair in a lot of situations.

EDIT: This is really hard to do (for me anyway) but you can also get different lengths of space between the ledge and the vanish hitbox. It has to do with your timing on the Up-B as you run off the ledge. If you do it early, you'll barely go far at all. I'm not sure if you can do the opposite.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'd say the best way to kill with Shiek is up smash, as for an fsmash you have to be positioned better.

I prefer just chasing them off the ledge and killing them with fair and bair though. Now with fishjump, Shiek can recover much more than ever before.

Last edited:

Judo777

Smash Master
Sheik is pretty weak in this game kill power wise. Those numbers are pretty abysmal. Bouncing fish is a pretty nice addition, but outside of it, all of sheiks moves bar fsmash are weaker than they were in brawl.

Bair and Nair killed from about the middle of FD at 130 with DI. We are going to rely on our gimps in this game a decent amount.

Got salty that my opponent survived a sweet spot bair at 160% yesterday. (granted it may have been 3 stale at the most)

Eventually people will stop getting hit by bouncing fish near as much.

(Unless far end of FD means you are hitting across the stage, like KOing the opposite side of the stage they are on, which I''m almost positive you aren't).

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is pretty weak in this game kill power wise. Those numbers are pretty abysmal. Bouncing fish is a pretty nice addition, but outside of it, all of sheiks moves bar fsmash are weaker than they were in brawl.

Bair and Nair killed from about the middle of FD at 130 with DI. We are going to rely on our gimps in this game a decent amount.

Got salty that my opponent survived a sweet spot bair at 160% yesterday. (granted it may have been 3 stale at the most)

Eventually people will stop getting hit by bouncing fish near as much.

(Unless far end of FD means you are hitting across the stage, like KOing the opposite side of the stage they are on, which I''m almost positive you aren't).
Sadly I'm not, worst yet with finding the 'killing effect' to be a constant in testing those percents are actually a bit higher, nothing more then 2-5% though I imagine, I should quickly recheck shouldn't I?

This is actually part of the reason why I think Sheik Down B3 will be used as it can kill really early in a perfect scenario and even in the middle of the stage it can kill moderately well.
  • Can kill Mario from the CENTER of final destination at 116% with kill effect
  • Can kill Mario standing the farthest side at 81% with kill effects (holy ****)

Edit: There, updated. I have no idea why dash attack is now appearing so weak. I really do hate training mode where the computer will random DI/VI and kill it self. All those numbers before I made sure the computer would die at least 5 times in a row before writing down.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The whole Fish ledge guarding thing that _Tree made a video about seems like it'll be the quickest way to kill with Sheik then, especially since the opponent won't even be ON the stage, ut rather a bit left or right from it, so I imagine it can even kill at 76 or so.

Last edited:

Gicks

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3454-1405-2619
grab into up air very strong kill potential at high %

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Edit: For anyone who is reading this right now I just want to let you know these results are the best I can give by myself on the 3ds.

All based on training mode against a level 9 Mario set to stop. I did not wait to see the 'kill effect' I took the lowest percentage when Mario would die fairly constantly. After doing addtional testing on the side I've found the kill effect to be more trustworthy then a 'stop' computer that can VI up to kill it's self earlier.

Please keep in mind that mario is the heaviest he's ever been and that DI isn't a real thing. VI will f these numbers up a bit though but it's unclear how much yet, also in VS these attack can kill earlier then listed with no DI/VI so that should help off set the differences a bit.

Fsmash kill mario at 99% 108 if you land just the 2nd kick on the far side of FD
Usmash kills mario at 100% 102% off the top on battle field
Bouncing fish kills mario at 107% 111% on the far side of FD
Vanish kills mario at 111% 112% on the far side of FD. ..Roughly... (it sends people more upwards then anything)
Usmash side hit kill mario at 126% 130% on the far side of FD
EDIT: OH Wow Dsmash has some good scaling. Kill mario at 130% at 128% the 'kill effects happens' on the far side of FD
Side B kill mario at 136% on the far side of FD ...Once again roughly due to the windbox

Moving on to aerials now will edit shortly.

Strong Bair foot kill mario at 119% 121% on the far side of FD
Fair kills mario at 150% 151% on the far side of FD (NOTE see below)
Uair Kill mario at 155% 158% off the top of battle field (tested at the same height as usmash)
Nair kills mairo at 170% 177% on the far side of FD (sweet spot, I wont test non sweet spot)
Dash attack kill mario at 200% 222% (the f**k?)on the far side of FD

Fair now has a sweet spot that give it increase knock, I dont know what to think about this really but it's pretty big difference. It made fair kill from 165 to 150. Sweet spot is in the same place as always, the downward portion of the fair. I'm starting to think the fair has a tipper effect now, testing right now... I'm having trouble figure out the spot, it might be in the middle of the hit box but it is on the lower side of sheik fair.

Sadly I'm out of time now, I'm off to work but only for a few hours.
Haha! Rain, thank you typhoons! ..suck for my volunteer hours though.

Bouncing fish looks to have the same knock back on 1st and 2nd part. I haven't confirm just eyeballing it.
Up air's not bad at killing if they're in the air. I tested it against a jumping npc at launch and IF it lands (up air and up smash have much narrower hitboxes than many other characters and mid combat against actual players dodging, yeah) up air kills at 135 in the air. At center stage with no DI, fair and bair kill at 160, too.

Sheik players in tournaments have been killing at very high percentages if at all, although it's all been on FD with its large kill boxes. I'm wondering if the gimping kill options will be more frequent on smaller platform stages.

Last edited:

Anjo_Smash

Smash Rookie
Try fthrow to bouncing fish to kill. It can work at high percents on certain characters if your fast or if they dont VI up. DOuble jump quickly (not sure if neccessary) and then mash down b because you have to cancel it for it to be a true combo,

Top Bottom