• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Series Character Discussion

Which character do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A female villain is what Smash never had before and I would be nice to see that , but I feel that the KI series won't be the one to provide said character as the series itself isn't that big compared to others and I only see it getting a 2nd rep if pushed, and you already know who I want to be the 2nd rep.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I don't think it's really that small of a series. It sold over a million with its last game, and Pit was included as one of the main characters in the Smash 4 trailer. Aside from Bowser (who looked to repping villainy), it was the only series in their not from the original Smash. It has finally regained its place as one of Nintendo's premiere franchises.

That's not even mentioning the absolute masterpiece that is Uprising. A game you can replay over and over again. And that has an incredible story, dialogue, and characters, which lends to all the speculation. Not to mention smash bros development literally began right after the game was released.

I'm not expecting a second character 100%, but I wouldnt be surprised either.
While KI:U is very very good, it's still a tiny series. Two games isn't anything to boast about. A second rep isn't warranted in the same way is was for say, Mother, because Pit represents every aspect of the series by himself. I'm not making any predictions or calls here, but I would be very surprised for any series to effectively get the same number of playable characters as there are games of that series.

For the record I'm aware of Myths and Monsters, but for all intents and purposes Sakurai isn't. The game wasn't released in Japan and no reference was made when Uprising came about. I wouldn't be quick to count it as being of much significance.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
While KI:U is very very good, it's still a tiny series. Two games isn't anything to boast about. A second rep isn't warranted in the same way is was for say, Mother, because Pit represents every aspect of the series by himself. I'm not making any predictions or calls here, but I would be very surprised for any series to effectively get the same number of playable characters as there are games of that series.

For the record I'm aware of Myths and Monsters, but for all intents and purposes Sakurai isn't. The game wasn't released in Japan and no reference was made when Uprising came about. I wouldn't be quick to count it as being of much significance.
When I talk about series size, I usually don't refer to amount of games, as they can vary wildly due to how game development works. I don't think Pikmin is a small series, but under the size argument it is because it's only had two games released so far. Some games tend to have one release per generation, so that would make any game from only one generation small, but that's clearly not true. The Wii Sports series has only had two games but sold over a hundred million.

I'm thinking KI is a bigger series in the game prominence sense. Kid Icarus is much more prominent in Nintendo's eyes than a great deal of other series. It was the only series included in Smash 4 that wasn't a newcomer or one of the original eight. They could have put Fire Emblem, Mother, F-Zero, etc, there, but they chose KI. It's a very deliberate decision that shows Nintendo believes in its risen profile. I don't know if that translates into another character (and your logic is pretty sound on why not), but Brawl showed that they are more willing to expand the amount of character in franchises than add new franchises. As one of the series with only rep, its natural to think it might be one of those series. But it's definitely not a small series.

Groose

Smash Champion
Palutena's Odds: 55% Of all of the potential Kid Icarus newcomers, I'd say Palutena is the most probable. She has the largest amount of support, a huge amount of moveset potential, and the largest amount of screentime throughout the series. Additionally, she did appear in Brawl in both the Subspace Emissary and in Pit's Final Smash. Sakurai evidently sees her as a very important character to the Kid Icarus series... but does he think the same for Smash? Oh, and then there's the fact that Kid Icarus is named PALUTENA'S MIRROR in Japan. That little tidbit certainly can't hurt.
Palutena Want: 90% Palutena is my most wanted newcomer from Kid Icarus? Why? The moveset potential is a major reason, as is the fact that I really like the character. The only reason she only scores a 90% here is the fact that I would like to see other Kid Icarus characters and I do fear she might become a Zelda clone if she were to make it in.

Magnus' Chances: 25% Yeah, yeah, his movepool is limited at best, he isn't very important to the overall series, and he's another sworduser. However, my gut tells me that he has a pretty decent chance of making it in.
Magnus Want: 55% Limited movepool aside, Magnus is a complete badass and I'd love to see him playable. However, there are bigger fish to fry in this universe, and I'd be slightly disappointed if he beat out Hades or Palutena. At the very least, I want to hear his theme somewhere in the game.

Hades Chances: 20% Hades is a tricky one. I can't honestly call him the main villain of the franchise, as he didn't appear in the first two games of the series. Even so, he really helped make Uprising great and has a huge movepool. Of course, he would have to be shrunk down to work. To be honest, I see him being a stage hazard/boss/assist trophy, not a playable character.
Hades Want: 80% I'd be kind of disappointed if he were shrunk down to become playable. I'd really like to see him as some sort of hazard or boss or something, where he can just rain death down upon the field. Even so, he's Hades---I'd still love him if he were playable. Oh, and if he does appear in any way, shape, or form in the game, he better bring his witty dialogue with him.

Dark Pit's Chances: 20% I doubt we'll see Dark Pit unless if he's a clone. I'm not even sure if there will be clones in this game, but if there are, he's the most likely clone addition.
Dark Pit Want: 10% Please give me a unique Kid Icarus character, please.

Medusa's Chances: 20% If Medusa had been the main villain of Uprising, I'd consider her a near lock. However, Hades does what he does best... complicate things. Medusa will be chosen over Hades if Sakurai wants to represent the series as a whole, but if he wants to declare Uprising the keystone of the series, Hades will probably get in as a villain. Medusa does have an important advantage over Hades: she could be a clone of Palutena.
Medusa Want: 50% To be honest, I'd much rather have Hades or Palutena. It may be bias, as I have never played Of Myths and Monsters and find the original installment extremely frustrating.

Viridi's Chances 5% Let's be honest here; Viridi won't be in the game as a playable character. The only reason I'm giving her any chance here is that she could kinda sorta maybe function as a Palutena clone. I see her only chances of appearing in the game being through a codec or through a trophy.
Viridi Want: 40% Viridi would actually be a pretty awesome surprise character. It shouldn't be too hard to make a moveset even though she never even fought in Uprising. However, there are definitely better candidates.

Pyyrhon's Chances: 0% Lemme drop a little knowledge on ya: he's Pyrrhon!
Pyyrhon Want: 100% He's a Level Infinity Super God...Plus! What's not to love? :troll:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Dark Pit will obviously be a Pit costume.

Also my vote goes to Palutena, though I'd like to see Medusa, and Hades as a boss or AT. I'm not impressed with Magnus, sorry.

grizby2

Smash Lord
id like to see a villain, Pit shouldn't feel so ..comfortable..

having all his little buddies around to help him...DESPICABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom