• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keyboard vs. Controller Analysis

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
N-Rage plugin.
Okay before you shout freakng autofire, I am saying this because it will allow you to shorthop with ease using a C-button and you can do tilts at will, even uptilt.

And this is without even using the modifier (Rapid fire) function.
Jabo's cannot compare to this. It is ridiculous trying to shorthop on it.

Thino

Smash Master
N-Rage plugin.
Okay before you shout freakng autofire, I am saying this because it will allow you to shorthop with ease using a C-button and you can do tilts at will, even uptilt.

And this is without even using the modifier (Rapid fire) function.
Jabo's cannot compare to this. It is ridiculous trying to shorthop on it.
ah-ehm...

1) ZOMG NRAGE AUTOFIRE HAX etc.
2) I agree its impossible to tilt with Jabo , but SHing is definitely possible

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Ant-D I still like how you managed to not answer the question but still remain somehow smug with the ever patronizing "very simple, even for you." That's adorable.

Thank you omfgomfg. I was unaware that the n-rage plugin was capable of doing anything like that. I'll test it out myself.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten the plugin and tested out different settings w/ the analog-sensitivity, but there is a huge difference between 61% and 62%. 61% means that the character walks but can't run, and the reverse is true of 62% (this is when the character is standing still, NOT after the lag of another attack). Neither % allows the character to "uptilt" out of nothing.

Is there a specific modifier you use?

ant-d

Smash Lord
lol

You have no idea what your talking about. It'll be better if you forgot everything I posted and listened to omfgomfg instead.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Ant-d you never posted anything substantial. You mentioned a plugin but didn't specify which one. I asked you again, you still didn't specify.

The n-rage plugin doesn't appear to help. The plugin itself doesn't allow one to adjust the keyboard's deadzone or threshold, only the "gamepad" 's deadzone and threshold. One can change the sensitiviy of the analog, but as I mentioned before, there is no place in between 61% and 62% that allows someone to press the key to differentiate between running, walking, and smashing.

If there is a "modifier" that one can use for the n-rage that DOES allow someone to do this, it would be very helpful if they told us it now.

Of course, Antd being the expert on this, are you ready to tell me which plugin you use, or are you just going to insist on telling me I'm wrong/ignorant/confused?

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
You cant short hop with a keyboard.
Yeah you can. It works the same as the C buttons on the controller; set a key to a C button on the keyboard and you just have to press and release the key extremely quickly. It's actually pretty difficult to get used to as you do have to be extremely quick, but it's totally possible.

Top Bottom