• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keyboard input does not match keys - Please help!!!

valoem

Smash Journeyman
I currently am having a massive issue with my computer. The input keys do not match the keys on the keyboard and all input goes to hotkeys. I have to use on screen keyboard to type.
The keys themselves worked, but are automatically redirected to hotkeys. For example in Microsoft Word if I hit "T" the tools bar drops down. If I hit Shift + T it automatically paste the time.
The following keys completely do not work, 1, 2, backspace, \, UPARROW, and ]. This issue occurs on startup therefore I can not log on to my main account, only Guest. This issue also occurs in safe mode.
I have a language bar installed and default language is Chinese, however input is in English.
Specs:
HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium
1 GB Ram

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
One of your function keys is stuck. Press every shift, alt, control, windows, and menu key on the keyboard. If you're using a laptop, the function key can cause these kinds of problems, too. Just a guess.

Top Bottom