• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
No one can hold a smashfest really except Powda and he is MIA. Where could he be? No one knows.

We are going to put KY on the smash map within the next couple months hopefully, via lots of practicing and actually going to tournies. So far it looks like only Sean, Joe, and myself are going to be going out of state. Anyone else going to attend some tournie or are you not serious enough of a smasher? Hmm?

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
Information!!!

:confused: Hey, I need to know if there are any other tournies nearby (even if out of state).
I have chaecked on the calendar and the closest is in Ohio.
Is this the one that u, Jiano, hav been talkin bout. :confused:

Jiano

Smash Ace
Yeah we will be going to CGA(Columbus, OH) this month, next month we will head to EMC3(Paris, IL), and then the following month we will be attending Game Junkie(Cincinatti, OH).

Those are our plans for now I don't know how we are riding up there as both Sean and me will have cars. If you have your own ride that would be swell but if you want to come with us I am not sure. If you plan on coming with us we need to play each other often to get you good.

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
I hav to consult my parents on whether or not i can go out of state becuz i hav not told them how serious i am bout smashing.
;) They shouldnt put up much of a fight, though. ;)
If you want to get together to improve upon the SSBM skills then say when & where.
I can also bring 1 more if that is ok, we are kinda a team.
Also need dates for the tournies if you hav them, thanx.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Just look in the tournament room for dates. But if you're too lazy for that CGA is on Jan. 28th(not official quite yet), EMC3 is on Feb. 11, and Game Junkie is on March 11.

I just got my car(FINALLY) so I can pretty much drive wherever I want as long as I'm not working. So if you ever want me and/or Joe to come out to you to practice let me know.

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
Practice!

We'll most likely get together this weekend but ill get bac to u about that.
If we play at my place then there will only be 1 setup unless u can help. :chuckle:
Dont know how many ppl are going to come, though. :confused:

Jiano

Smash Ace
^^ Haha, indeed.

I talked to Powda and he just is without the internets. He will be getting it set up soon and will supposedly post a date for the next smashfest. Learning from last time I think we should limit how many people can come. I think with 3 setups and without the excess amount of people it would be a lot better. Until then, I'm up for some smashing. Just post or call me and we will try to set something up.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
updates from Powda

Got some good news...

1) My internet is now working
2) We kicked out (not really) one of our roommates.

Like Jiano said, there isnt a whole lot of room at my house. We got the basement to use, but only so many people can fit down there. Well, now that a roommate is gone, there is a living room of sorts up stairs that we can use to get a game set-up as well. So, we will be in different rooms, but i can MAYBE house more people. Altho, we'll just have to see.

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
:( Just wanted to apoligize for not coming to the smashfest at Powdas.
:chuckle: I kno its not that big a deal but I need the practice more than any1 there.
Was there more room?
Just let me know when the next 1 is and Ill be sure to go,
FO SHO!!

:( I guess this isnt the best way to show luv for SSBM, :chuckle: but I appreciate the help u guys offer

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Hey Me and Brynden are probably gunna drive to CGA this Saturday i have room for another 2 maybe three if your comfortable we will leave early saturday so if anyoine needs a ride ask.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Yeah my geo metro broke down so im gunna have to hitchhike to columbus

^^ What the hell? Sean did I leave myself logged into your laptop or something? I hate you, geo metros are the suck I wouldn't buy one.

ALso we would would have just carpooled with you, but we were already planning on playing these guys in Cinci cuz they're cool as hell n' such.

Jiano

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Acro.

So is anyone else in KY playing seriously besides Joe, Sean, Brynden, and myself? Everytime we go to a tournament we are the only people who want to go or actually go. Powda used to, but he seems to be losing interest and just likes to play casually. I wanted to have local tournaments here. It was like all the sudden we had a bunch of people playing smash then it slowly died down and now only us 4 play each other.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
i wanna play!!!! =/
Smashfest at my place soon, before the cincy tourney.

and Joe sux... sux 8ig 8alls.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Ok well this weekend we are going to IL for a tourny, so probably the 2 weekends after that would be good.

Oh and the irony of Sean saying my car broke down and then him messing up his. It sucks what happened, your car is awesome and I hope you can get it fixed.

RapE

Smash Ace
Jiano you should come to Acros Tourny cause we want to play you again!!!! just check the thread.

RapE

Smash Ace
This should be the biggest around the michigan area.......it was big for a house tourny before this should be bigger.....30 or more people and ohio and IL some of them said they were coming so it should be good.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
It turns out that theres alot of Smashers in louisville we didnt know about, i dont know how good they are but on frappr there are 3 or more maps for smash we didnt know about, on those alone there are 5 or more guys who play with others, im trying to see if we can get ahold of some crew called teamtpx www.teamtpx.com

also i still wondered what happened to all the interest in kentucky for smash,

when is this smashfest at powdas going down

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to get QueenDVS to come to powdas smashfest the guy from florida, and if he comes snap pop will come too lol. I just wanna have some good people come

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
im plannin on friday. everyone planning on coming plz contact me before hand... i have limited space and will need to try and make more space if a lot of people are coming. the easiest thing would just be to get me on AIM... its Powda193, of course. those of u who know my cell can just call that.

so yea, smashfest, my place, friday, probly start around 7-8. plz RSVP.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I gotta figure out a way to get out there if all else fails jiano is gunna drive completley out of his way to pick me up, at probably around 8-8:30

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Dante: get a car.
Jiano: u can show up earlier than 7 if u need to... that was just a guess as to when we would get started.

everyone else: HIT ME UP!!!! who is coming?!?!?!

sean and brynden, i assume u two will be there... maybe snap-pop? maybe some kid from FL? i dunno, i dont care, just let me know.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I had a car... long story short i need a new one, so in the mean time jiano is gunna have to get me(he better) we will give you gas money and rockstar

Jiano

Smash Ace
Argh. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't the opposite direction of Powdas. It's really a pain having to drive out there. Pay the gas money up front this time because just when we went to IL Bryden gave me 5 bucks and you gave me nothing.

For some reason I doubt anyone new is going to show up so it will just be a normal fest, really.

Oh yeah and Sean can I pick you up before I head out there before 7? If I don't get a hold of you by phone just post it here. I gotta work tonight so I won't answer me phone until after 11.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
You have to remind me to pay you cause im forgetful i dont have a problem doing it, but i work tommarow probably will get off around 8. Ill call you tommarow to figure out whats up

DevilZero

Smash Rookie
there aren't hardly any smashers in Lexington. Sux around here. But I work at Gattitown so gamers come through sometimes. Just wish I had a car that would make it past 6 miles. haha!

T

Tpx ak-47

I understand that someone is looking for members to smash with from Team Tpx well I am one of those members If you could please reach me on aim my sn is Tpx Darkman try to get ahold of me as soon as you can and if you are not in a clan tell me

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that was me i was looking for more people to smash with i understand your clan was going to organize a smash brothers tournament if you do i would like to know where it is also i wanted to know if you wanted to smash, i am not in a clan

T

Tpx ak-47

Well I dunoo if were hosting a tourney but sure ill smash with ya ill gather a couple of friends over my house and we'll smash the night away

Top Bottom