• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken and Marth questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip430

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a link (preferably youtube) of Ken pwning people back in the day when he was #1? (Basically stuff that made him the legend he is today.)

Second question: I am currently traning with Marth and whenever I do his down ariel smash attack to someone who is trying to get back onto the stage (basically a meteor attack) I always fall with the person and do not have enough recover time to get back onto the stage. Am I doing the wrong attack for a meteor attack? I am pretty sure marth has one, but I can never get back on stage if I do it against someone who is (even ever so slightly but not hanging onto the edge) off stage I die with them. Is a meteor attack meant only against someone who is on the edge of the stage, or am I doing something wrong/missing something?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Does anyone have a link (preferably youtube) of Ken pwning people back in the day when he was #1? (Basically stuff that made him the legend he is today.)

Second question: I am currently traning with Marth and whenever I do his down ariel smash attack to someone who is trying to get back onto the stage (basically a meteor attack) I always fall with the person and do not have enough recover time to get back onto the stage. Am I doing the wrong attack for a meteor attack? I am pretty sure marth has one, but I can never get back on stage if I do it against someone who is (even ever so slightly but not hanging onto the edge) off stage I die with them. Is a meteor attack meant only against someone who is on the edge of the stage, or am I doing something wrong/missing something?
what do you mean "was"?

I still am #1!!

here is a current match at mlg vegas. the last huge tournament I attended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIm00tNHZlg

Banks

Smash Hero
lol this kid probly didn't expect the real ken to respond. THE REAL KEN OMGZ

but uh, i don't see a video link >_>

skip430

Smash Cadet
.....um......oops.......jk? ummm.......... yeah.............. *runs away*

*comes back slowly*............
*runs away again*

skip430

Smash Cadet
Ok, since you are awesome with Marth (Ken that is) could you answer my question about Marths meteor and what I am doing wrong? (since I keeping KOing the opponent but die myself)

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
I may be nowhere near as good as Ken, but I think I know what you could do to survive the attack. Use your 2nd jump as you use the Dair so you go up for a moment before you start to fall. This only works if you are close enough to the ledge to make it back with only your over and up bs, but if you are to far to make it back with just that you probably shouldn't be trying to use your dair in the first place, try edgehogging or edgeguarding instead.

xelad1

Smash Ace
Um holy wtf the real ken actually responded to this thread haha amazing I though he only showed up once every blue moon to make fun of peach players. I don't know if ken will come back to this thread but skip... first off Marths dair is a spike not a meteor smash (this is better because a spike CANNOT be cancelled). The spike should not be used randomly as an edgeguarding tactic which is what you are doing. The spike is used predominately in 2 scenarios. The first scenario is to finish off what is called the "ken combo" yes its his and he invented it. Very simply it is a combo that ends with fair jumped into a dair over the edge to finish the opponent off... here is an older yet popular marth combo video to give you an idea of some of the abilities marth has in terms of comboing http://youtube.com/watch?v=iROxXhBIzuU&mode=related&search= on second though just watch the video ken posted between him and azen they are both 2 of the best marths around..... if you want other videos of good marths go to youtube and search for ken, azen, neo, or husband.. those are just the names of a few good marths off the top of my head.

notice whenever a dair is done to kill it is usually done over the stage so the marth can land back on... the general idea is make sure you have a jump left or enough room to recover... if you double jump off the stage doing a dair is usually a bad idea because you will probably not make it back. Just look at what the pros do in their vids and read the marth guide if there is one... also for future reference you should probably do a thorough search of the forums using the search function because the questions you have asked and are likely to ask have probably been posted a million times, that way you won't get your thread closed and you won't get flamed (although the smash community is generally nice).

skip430

Smash Cadet
To Ken: even if you are not reading right now, I read that interview with you and AlpahZealot77, and I think the Smash Community would be unhappy if you left, and I think you should continue to play and dominate SSBM competitively.

To xelda1 and Akasuna no Sasori: Thank you for your words of advive and to the link of that Ken video.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. Links to ken videos.

www.youtube.com

Then type "Ken Smash" in the search terms.

2. Try looking in the marth rooms and read the stickied topics and faqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom