• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keeping Sakurai interested

k-sin

Smash Cadet
Instead of just telling you which sonic characters I like best and would want in Brawl, hows about we play a bit of a game.

Sakurai sounds (at least to me) like he's not interested in main/popular characters these days. He also seems interested in characters with interesting history, or he likes characters that are just different in general. So for starters what real chance do popular Sonic based characters like Shadow (yet another hedgehog) and Knuckles (probably coming a quick second in fanbase) have?

And if Sakurai put 1 more sonic related character into brawl (playable or AT) who would it be if it couldn't be YOUR favourite (2nd fav, ect...), or the one that would FIT brawl best alongside Sonic?

I'll kick things off with one that Sakurai might go for by way of history.

Mighty the armadillo.

(Don't say there aren't enough sonic characters for a thread like this either...Cos there are tons.)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I would have liked it if Tails was in Brawl, but that is because I don't know any other Sonic characters besides Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. I still only remember the Sonic stuff from the days of the Sega Genesis but never kept up.

I would have liked it if Sakurai could take many first and third party characters from other companies like Namco or Capcom or Ubisoft or Nibris who are relatively unknown, and not so popular into PCs for Brawl. However, the only unfortunate thing Nintendo doesn't have is unlimited money.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Espio would be an wicked awesome character. He has crazy potential, an looks cool to boot.

(seriously, look at him...)
I know he's got no chance (and by that I mean, ABSOLOUTLY NO chance) , but him as an assist trophy would make my day.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Shadow would be an horrible choice for Brawl no matter how he's popular, he's to similar to Sonic and barely represent the series at all.
Knuckles is much better then that lame black hedgehog, hell even Amy would be better then Shadow.
If I couldn't get Tails in(favorite) then I would go for Knuckles, no one else deserve a spot beside those two character really.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I would laugh so hard if they put one or all of those three robots (the rooster, monkey and drill) from the old cartoon in as ATs.

k-sin

Smash Cadet
I would laugh so hard if they put one or all of those three robots (the rooster, monkey and drill) from the old cartoon in as ATs.
I can actually see those Sonic 2 enemies entering the fray somehow. If they some how do get in via trophy/AT or even sticker then you sir have won above all other predictions.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't think any are...
But maybe Big...
And he's not popular enough..

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
all characters from sonic adventure onwards suck

sonic, tails and knuckles are the only true sonic characters. oh, and by the way...

its DR.ROBOTNIK, not DR.EGGMAN (just for people who think eggman is his true name, its not, the guys at sega were obviously wasted when they decided that hes now called eggman) and im aware that was completely off-topic, i dont care

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

sonic, tails and knuckles are the only true sonic characters. oh, and by the way...

its DR.ROBOTNIK, not DR.EGGMAN (just for people who think eggman is his true name, its not, the guys at sega were obviously wasted when they decided that hes now called eggman) and im aware that was completely off-topic, i dont care
Eggman is SOJ's name for Robotnik. As Robotnik is SOA's name for Eggman.

There is no right and wrong. Both names have even crossovered to the other sides as well..

Sonic Adventure 2: Eggman's last name was revealed to be Robotnik.

Sonic Drift: Oldschool Game Gear Game calls him Eggman (perhaps the first translated Sonic game to call Robotnik EGGMAN).

Neither is wrong. After SA2B, Robotnik is his background name, but EGGMAN is his nickname.

k-sin

Smash Cadet

I'm pretty sure SEGA of America changed the name Robotnik to Eggman to avoid any lawsuits from people with the surname Robotnik, or something like that (I'm told you can sue for practically any reason you want in America, but I may be wrong in this case).

Also Nack, Vector and Mighty were all characters from very early on, which seems to be peoples biggest argument when suggesting Knuckles.
But if things done in Melee are anything to go by I would assume Eggman (Robotnik) is probably next in line, then Tails.

Top Bottom