• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

keeping 2nd jump after hookshot?

commanderkool

Smash Cadet
so i was just messing around on FoD, and i was able to hookshot the very bottom of the stage(the pole with the spinning things way underneath) do the hookshot jump, double jump, and then up-b to recover. i have done this twice, because for some reason i have been losing my 2nd jump after i hookshot jump, and i dont know why.

so my question is; is there a way to keep your 2nd jump after doing the hookshot jump? or were those times when i did it just a fluke?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well if you use your second jump, then it's gone. If you don't, then... it'll still be there.

Skler

Smash Master
Hitting up from airdodging up probably made you use your DJ right before you airdodged. Press up lighter if you want to keep your jump and still dodge up.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I think you can press the shield button first, then tap up.

I'm not really willing to sit here like a ******, air dodging upward with an invisible controller until I recall the proper motion, though =P

HiIH

Smash Lord
I just assumed you lost your double jump after airdodging. This is useful information.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Nope, not unless Young Link and Samus are drastically different.

Found out in my wasted hours doing the Fountain of Dreams recovery.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
FoD recovery, ha... have you ever gotten a chance to do that in a serious match? I've failed on every attempt during a MM, but nail it during friendlies.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
FoD recovery, ha... have you ever gotten a chance to do that in a serious match? I've failed on every attempt during a MM, but nail it during friendlies.
It's actually not that hard to do, but then people are just like "loledgehog" and then I die =(

EDIT:

And no, not in a serious match =P I would never play Samus or Young Link in a serious match.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I actually never noticed this but now that I think back it is every time you airdodge up.
Guess I should work on being less rough on the control stick and try to not tapjump. D:

Top Bottom