• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kazuya's Classic Mode Route Speculation

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread is for speculating on Kazuya's Classic Mode route. I'll begin with my concept.
  • Round 1: Captain Falcon
  • Round 2: Donkey Kong
  • Round 3: Little Mac
  • Round 4: Ryu
  • Round 5: Incineroar
  • Round 6: Kazuya (business uniform palette)
  • Final Round: Bowser, then Giga Bowser
Kazuya's route primarily focuses on facing fighters that excel at close-range combat (similar to Captain Falcon's route). However, none of Kazuya's opponents use weapons of any kind.

Each round is a 1-on-1 battle, with Kazuya and his opponent both beginning with 150 HP. The final round has Giga Bowser as the final boss, as he has the fewest projectiles out of all the bosses.

In terms of references, Bowser changing into Giga Bowser does reference how Kazuya changes into Devil Kazuya during his final battle against Heihachi in Tekken 7. Giga Bowser may also reference Azazel in that they're both giant-sized boss fighters.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
It would have to be Dark Pit then, since Kazuya's Classic Mode opponents can only be himself and the base game fighters.
I did not think of that. Good point. I do not play Smash Bros. currently, so I easily forget details like that. I do imagine most of his classic mode entries would be suggestions to typical inclusions of traditional fighting games (such as Little Mac, the boxer, and so on). I see few other possibilities besides.

SSJBBonkdicoot

Smash Rookie
This thread is for speculating on Kazuya's Classic Mode route. I'll begin with my concept.
Kazuya's route primarily focuses on facing fighters that excel at close-range combat (similar to Captain Falcon's route). However, none of Kazuya's opponents use weapons of any kind.

Each round is a 1-on-1 battle, with Kazuya and his opponent both beginning with 150 HP. The final round has Giga Bowser as the final boss, as he has the fewest projectiles out of all the bosses.

In terms of references, Bowser changing into Giga Bowser does reference how Kazuya changes into Devil Kazuya during his final battle against Heihachi in Tekken 7. Giga Bowser may also reference Azazel in that they're both giant-sized boss fighters.
I am Pretty Sure that incineroar is a reference to King, Because Incineroar and king are both based on any other wrestlers or Luchadors

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace

What about Ganondorf/Ganon?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about Ganondorf/Ganon?
Ganondorf uses his sword for his smash attacks, which pretty much disqualifies him from my Classic Mode route concept; Kazuya's opposition can't have access to weapon attacks. This applies to Ganon as well, since he too uses weapons.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This is what I would make his classic mode:

Bloodlines
Fights characters from notable families, clans or bloodlines.
Round 1: :ultsimon::ultrichter:
Round 2: :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
Round 3: :ultsnake:
Round 4: :ultdk::ultdiddy:
Round 5: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr:
Round 6: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom:
Bonus Game
Boss: Dracula
(He not only comes from a kind of notable family, but he can also turn into a devil so he's perfect)

Technomage

Smash Champion
Ganondorf uses his sword for his smash attacks, which pretty much disqualifies him from my Classic Mode route concept; Kazuya's opposition can't have access to weapon attacks. This applies to Ganon as well, since he too uses weapons.
Not even one that references Yoshimitsu (who uses a sword, in addition to punches and kicks)?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not even one that references Yoshimitsu (who uses a sword, in addition to punches and kicks)?
Yoshimitsu is a bit of an unusual character, since he's also affiliated with the Soulcalibur series; a series where fighters do use weaponry for combat. But when you think it over, Heihachi was a guest character in the PS2 version of Soulcalibur II, despite not being a weapon user.

Top Bottom